Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >

February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 02-06-2012, 06:34 PM

I got my FQ mailed off today. My knee is doing great but I get so exhausted so very easily. Drives me crazy. I was pretty good Super Bowl Sunday. I stayed home by myself and did some reading, sewing and playing on the computer. I had no sugar all day. I did eat a small Tenderloin Steak that I stir fried for a late lunch and then had a small chicken breast that I again stir fried for dinner. I had a can of sliced beats with the chicken. For lunch I had about 1 1/4 cups of Black eyed Peas. Ate two tangerines too. The only bad thing I did is not eat enough veggies and have the steak. Even though it was very small, and very lean, I am supposed to limit my beef. On Saturday we were with DH's family. All my kids came as well as two of my grands. Two of my Sons-in-law did not make it. I only ate 2 small crackers with a tiny bit of mom's cheese ball. I had more pulled pork than I should have but did not add anything to it. I ate Black eyed peas with both dinner and lunch and had a large salad with each meal. Had a couple of tangerines too. Avoided the cake and ice cream of which everyone else had way too much of.
My scale here at the house is broken so I can't see how well I am doing. I believe that I am still losing. I have an Apt with my Endocrinologist on Thursday(she's the one sending me to the nutrition class) and I will be able to see how much more I have lost this last week.
Tonight is Tomato Bisque soup with some Kidney beans (best choice of my beans in the fridge) I had half of a Lemon Shortbread girl scout cookie today. It was good but a taste is all I needed.
Hope you all have a great week this week. Eat your beans!!!!!
Oh, I had not told my mom what what I was doing. My daughter "spilled the beans" so to speak when she visited with my parents yesterday. Told them I had lost 20 lbs and that I had a slight liver problem. I was not going to say anything cause she is always on my case about losing weight and such. Now I will have to deal with her calling me!!!!
Beth apologized for letting it slip.

Oh, I guess it's next Thursday, the 16th, oh well. Maybe I will have to go buy a scale. If I can find the energy to make it into and out of a store!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Last edited by Jim's Gem; 02-06-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:15 PM

Hi Everyone, Just checking in to see what's going on & how everyone is doing. It sounds like many of you are making big strides this month! I am trying too & hope it shows up on the scale!

I worked on some blocks today for that WIP Christmas quilt I've been working on. I did some houses & some PP trees. PPing isn't my favorite, but it sure makes for nice precise blocks. I am in need of a design wall. Right now I have the quilt top hung on hangars & other blocks taped next to it... not ideal! I've seen several portable ones on here that can be taken down so I am going to do something along those lines this week. The one I saw awhile ago had fleece fabric, flannel or a flannel backed cloth on a curtain rod that you hung between 2 wreath hooks. Sounds do-able to me.

I mailed my FQ on Friday. Again, congrats to MJ & JHolm for the win in Jan! I think splitting the FQ was the fair way to go!
Old 02-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
I will be mailing the winnings out to the winners. I made the final decision to split the pot. MJ and Jeanne watch for your winnings. They both have 10 skinny FQ's coming. I am excited to hear that each of us are going down and watching what we are doing.

Ladies keep up the good work.
Cindy,I sent you my FQ today for the month of feb. I forgot to mark the envelope.I think. But I guess you know which ones are for jan and which are for feb.Thanks mary
Old 02-06-2012, 09:36 PM

Default Sigh. Scale Bouncing.

Well, after a great start in January losing over 11 pounds, this month things have slowed down. I guess I knew they would. That first week with the water loss is hard to beat.

NOW though, the past two days the scale actually has tormented me by moving UP a half pound each day! NO, I did not eat anything to deserve a pound, or eat too much of anything -- not even close. So what causes those darned numbers to move up when it's not deserved!?!
Old 02-06-2012, 09:40 PM

Taboo Tuesday Let's all try a veggie or fruit we have never tried before! You might want to tell us what it was and if you liked it.

Pam S
Old 02-06-2012, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing View Post
Well, after a great start in January losing over 11 pounds, this month things have slowed down. I guess I knew they would. That first week with the water loss is hard to beat.

NOW though, the past two days the scale actually has tormented me by moving UP a half pound each day! NO, I did not eat anything to deserve a pound, or eat too much of anything -- not even close. So what causes those darned numbers to move up when it's not deserved!?!
It's probably water weight. Maybe a bit of what you lost and what you are gaining back. Are you watching your salt intake? I consume way too much salt myself. Drink lots of water!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 02-07-2012, 12:04 AM

Pam, that's perfect. So what do you do with eggplant? My daughter brought me three tonight. I hated it as a child and haven't had it since. I used to fry for my husband but I don't eat fried foods. Any ideas?? Cooked in spaghetti sauce with parmesan cheese maybe?

AtHomeSewing, it's a hard concept to wrap your mind around, but when you deprive your body of enough food, it goes into startvation mode and starts protecting your fat reserves in as little as 24 hours. That's why it's important to eat just enough - no less than 1200 calories and probably more, then have a feast day periodically. Every five days seems to be about right for me. I'm betting that's why WW has adopted the extra points to be used once a week.
As far as calories go, you might want to try no less than 10 for each pound of desired goal weight. I want to weigh 140, so it's 1400 calories for me. When I was at 1200, I didn't lose weight. Goofy, isn't it? I like 40% good carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat when I'm paying attention. Our bodies need fat, but they need the right kind in the right form - french fries don't count.

Still FMQ. I have no idea where I'm at. It's hard to tell when it's on the machine. I hope about halfway. I have an eye doctor app't tomorrow. I absolutely hate the " Is this lens better than this one?", etc, part. At some point, they all start looking alike. Then comes the joy of choosing new frames. If I can't make a choice tomorrow, I can always go back. It's my oldest daughter who does the fitting so I can bug her. Maybe she and the doctor have a pair picked out for me. They did six years ago and I like them. The ones I chose from 2 years ago, I don't like. No more plastic for me.

Good night, all.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:12 AM

So far I have received 5 FQ's, from Maggiemay, meanmom, jholm, and PamH. the 5th is mine. Keep them coming. If you are going to be a little late getting it in the mail, just let me know.

I am loving the one coming in. A few I don't want to go anywhere. LOL Don't worry ladies I will send them on to the winner.

Have an awesome day. I am off to work today.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:28 AM

I'm picking through the FQ bin this morning. Thanks for the reminder-brain like a sieve these days. Still using my food and exercise journal. Went to the gym and did 45 minutes on the bike yesterday. Then I had to peel my butt off the seat...LOL. It is getting better-I think. Hope to start lifting weights this week. I try not to get discouraged about having to start all over again. Before my back went out on me last Januarty I was doing so well...enough of a pity party-suck it up and keep moving.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:05 AM

Morning everyone. So the Taboo is a fruit or veggie you haven't eaten before. I thought I'd get a can of black eyed peas now can someone tell me what to do with them? I really want to try them because so many people talk about them and they sound like something I'd like.

Connie I agree with Gayle, it's probably just water weight. Just stick with it and continue to follow your plan and you'll lose that lb again. Good luck.

Well, I'm anxiously waiting for the FQ. I never won anything before. I know I can't win again in Febuary but I sure hope I keep going down. WW recommends that after the first big initial loss that it will slow down to probably 2 lbs a week. Which is o.k. with me.

Well I have to go. Hubby just got up and we need to feed the dogs their breakfast and theri medicine. I think we're going to work on quilt blocks this morning untill hubby goes to work.

Everyone have a great day. God Bless.

Jeanne