Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >

February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 02-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by blondeslave View Post
I just joined our biggest losers at work so hopefully joining this as well will keep me going. I was doing well until my back completely went out on me last January. It's been almost a year since I exercised other than PT. Starting out slow at the gym on the stationary bike. Can't wait until my butt gets used to the bike seat again...ouch!
I have a stationary bike at home. got it at a yard sale 2 yrs ago for a dollar. The seat kills my tailbone. But I do 3-4 miles a day on it./Yeah for me! I need to lose another 88 lbs.Maybe by then it won't hurt to use it so much.lol
Old 02-01-2012, 05:31 PM

I have a really nice recumbent exercise bike that I bought a little over a year ago. This summer I had my right knee (which had meniscus repair on in April) pop and really hurt after riding one day and have not been on it since. I paid over $400 for it. I will be getting back on it when my Doctor and PT say I can. I just had meniscus surgery on the Left knee on Friday.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem View Post
I have a really nice recumbent exercise bike that I bought a little over a year ago. This summer I had my right knee (which had meniscus repair on in April) pop and really hurt after riding one day and have not been on it since. I paid over $400 for it. I will be getting back on it when my Doctor and PT say I can. I just had meniscus surgery on the Left knee on Friday.
Sounds awful and painful. I just finished 18 minutes and did 3.7 miles. I'm tired. Walked all around wal-mart super center this afternoon. Have a good evening everyone.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:17 PM

Welcome, Jim's Gem. That's an inpressive weight loss for this time of year. Can you tell us how you did it?

Mary, can you get a more comfy seat? I put one on my regular bike several years ago. It was a great investment for $20. I gave away my Schwinn AirDyne and can't ride my bicycle because of balance problems. I'm hoping by the time the snow goes that I will be able to ride again. Moira would love it if I can. Lily never did care for running beside the bike.

I'm tired tonight so it may be a good time to try to get back on more normal hours. If I go to bed before 3, I could get up with the rest of the world. But not before this runner is done. Life keeps getting in the way and next week is filling up, too.

I had my protein early so I made broccoli with rice and cheese tonight. I know I should have had some chicken, too, but I didn't feel like touching raw chicken just then. I'll cut up some for me tonight when I butcher a chicken for the furgirls. We share though I cook my portions.

I am losing weight and becoming healthier.
Judy

Last edited by irishrose; 02-01-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Welcome, Jim' Gem. that's an inpressive weight loss for this time of year. Can you tell us how you did it?

Mary, can you get a more comfy seat? I put one on my regular bike several years ago. It was a great investment for $20. I gave away my Schwinn AirDyne and can't ride my bicycle because of balance problems. I'm hoping by the time the snow goes that I will be able to ride again. Moira would love it if I can. Lily never did care for running beside the bike.

I'm tired tonight. It may be a good time to try to get back on more normal hours. If I go to bed before 3, I could get up with the rest of the world. Not before this runner is done. Life keeps getting in the way and next week is filling up, too.

I had my protein early so I made broccoli with rice and cheese tonight. I know I should have had some chicken, too, but I didn't feel like touching raw chicken just then. I'll cut up some for me tonight when I butcher a chicken for the furgirls. We share.

I am losing weight and becoming healthier.
Judy
Judy I never had a bike growing up. I was wondering if they would all make me sore or if changing it would help. Thanks.I will keep a eye out for one.This one makes my tail bone hurt.Any suggestions on what style or type to get? Thanks Mary
Old 02-01-2012, 07:13 PM

I tried to ride the bike at PT and fell off! I could not balance on the seat and my foot kept hitting the pedal guard. I suggest you go to a bicycle shop and ask them about their most comfortable seat.

Keep up the good work! I'm back to PT tomorrow, today was my day off. I actually missed it. I have a cardio machine at home I am going to use on Saturday, with the permission of my Rehab Therapist.

Yesterday I went on a small cookie binge but I'm back on the wagon today.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:35 PM

When I bought my pink bicycle, it came with a rather skimpy seat. I replaced it with a thicker and slightly wider one with gel padding from a big box store. It was $19.95 a few years ago. I put the skinny one on Freecycle and it went quickly. If I can't ride this Spring, I think I will look for a used tricycle. I might feel silly for a few days, but it beats not riding at all.

MJ, I have wanting to bake cookies today. If I do one of these days, I will package them in 2s or 3s and be alert to only one package a day. I can do it with muffins, so I should be able to do it with cookies, especially if I freeze them. It's not the cookies that are the problem - it's the serving size. And sometimes the ingredients, but by making my own, I know what's in them. No artificial anything, no high fructose corn syrup, lower sugar, etc. Brown sugar ice box cookies with walnuts sound good. Thank goodness I'm not allergic to tree nuts, just peanuts, which aren't really a nut. I bought some sunflower butter. Yick, but I'm not a fan of sunflower seeds so I don't know what made me think I'd like sunflower butter. Almond butter isn't bad.

I just used some of my Christmas money to order some black suede boots. Does that mean I think our snow will return? The weather report doesn't sound good and this week is the North American Snowmobile Festival. Oh, oh.

Back to the sewing machine.

Have a good evening, y'all.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:03 PM

Hi, I just registered and am excited at all the things on this site. I went to the doctor today and was told I really need to lose some weight and this seems like a great place to start. Count me in and i'll go read the rules and figure out what I need to do next.

Thanks
Old 02-02-2012, 04:37 AM

I will get my fat qtr in the mail Friday
Old 02-02-2012, 04:41 AM

Irishrose - When you are going for stiff egg whites in damp weather Cream of tartar is your friend. A little jar will last a long time.

I ate Chinese last night. Didn't do bad with my portion, but I can tell it had way too much salt.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

I will drink my water today, I Will drink my water today. I WILL drink my water today!

Kris