Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: February 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize

Quote Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
    I was planning on re-joining Weight Watchers this morning. It is snowing and the road are really bad so I am staying home. I guess I will hide in my sewing room all day and try to figure out the 2 quilts that are giving me trouble. I am making a baby quilt for my new grandson.(due April 23) They have asked for something Charley Harper looking. So I decided to copy his zoo babies poster. I made a background out of the Ricky Timms convergence pattern and I like it. I made my paper templates last night and have them all laid out and I think it looks too cluttered. So now I need to rethink my design. GRRRRR! Also instead of going to Weight Watchers I made Chocolate chip cookies. I guess that is another GRRRR They are calling my name right now.
    OMG!!!! you had to go and make some Choc Chip cookies.....and no way to get them out of the house. Now you know what you need to do. LOL ENJOY them.

My plans today as soon as I get off the computer, is to work on this t-shirt quilt. After I finish the ones I need to do, never again.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

For any of the new comers for this month. At the beginning of a quarter I post 3 months worth of themes. If you want to send in 2 months worth of FQ's aka "skinny quarters" You are more than welcome to, you will still have to sign up on the next month thread.

As you know this month is Turquiose/shades of blue green
    march is coral/shades of sunset

I have a spread sheet that I keep all the info on as to who sent in for more than one month. I know for some it saves some postage. Also some have chosen to help with a small donation to help with shipping cost to the winner. I don't expect anyone to send it is on a volunteer basis.

TO those who have helped, a big Thank you.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the reminder to sign up again.

You have my FQ for this month.

I need to be more focused on looking after me this month.
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

I'm going to give it a try this month. I'll send my skinny quarter in on Monday.
    Miz Kyp aka Margie

I'm riding along for February, still eating my high protein, low carb, low cal diet and I already drink tons of water every day.
    As long as I eat this way I stay strong and not hungry.
    It's the holidays and "occasions" that are obstacles for me. Thankfully we aren't doing any of those any time soon.
    I did take my grandmouslings for a once a month milkshake.
    I chewed my tropical orange trident like a good mousie.
    I just love that stuff
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

Blog Entries
    I'm in for Feb. When we get home from New Orleans I will start again in earnest. There are just too many new and tempting, once in my lifetime things to try,so I'm trying not to stress over it. Am doing lotssssssssss of walking though lol.

Shadow Irish, don't forget the begneits. They're New Orleans donuts and are served with a generous covering of powdered sugar. And the Cafe Ole (coffee and Lots of cream) Have fun and I sure wish I could be there and show you around! Enjoy the game.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Tothill View Post
    Thank you for the reminder to sign up again.

You have my FQ for this month.

I need to be more focused on looking after me this month.
    Yes I have your FQ for this month.

Stay focused, drink your water, eat your veggies and fruits......watch the carbs.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Quote Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
    If i can be nosey, what weight loss program did you join? That is great to lose 12lbs and 14 inches in one month. I know I have been told to drink 50% of my weight in water to lose weight. IF I stick to that, I have been succussful in losing some weight. I know for my health sake I need to cut out as much sugar as possible. I just can't seem to drink my tea unsweetened. I am trying, I do use splenda now in my tea instead of regular sugar, but lately I have been hearing alot about the artificial sweetners being worse for you than regular sugar.

I am trying to stay away from sodas, I have not had one at work for 2 weeks, only a sprite at home. As soon as they are gone I wont buy any more. For that I only have me to blame.
    The weight loss plan is called "Sue's Nu Energy". I eat three meals a day...protein, bread, veggies, fruit, and some dairy plus drink 96 oz. of water a day. I have three "supplements" from Sue's a day. These are high protein shakes, puddings, bars, hot cocoa, meal replacements, and other things like soups and drinks. It is almost like the "Diet Center" diet you can find online. I was on Sue's before and lost 30 lbs. in 3 months. She had to close for a while and I did some other diets, but none worked quite as well for me. She has been open for a while now, so I signed up again. I get one on one counseling and that helps me a lot.

I think this plan has helped me because I'm eating three regular meals a day instead of just grabbing something. I lived on candy, ice cream and cookies before and didn't drink any water at all. I guess that's why I had a terrible headache for two days when I was detoxing from sugar. haha I won that battle, now I just have to win the daily battle of drinking all that water. I have three 32 oz plastic glasses I fill each day. When I finish them, my water is done. Seems to trick my mind I guess since it's only 3 glasses.

I'm looking through my fabric and will send mine to you probably next week.

Debbie
    The Teddybear Lady

Blog Entries
    I hope I am in time. If so, count me in for the Weight Loss Adventure.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
    I hope I am in time. If so, count me in for the Weight Loss Adventure.
    Welcome aboard the Adventure. Yes you are in time.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Blog Entries
    I ate about 5 of my chocolate cookies yesterday. I sent the rest of them to my DH shop to get them out of the house. He was plowing snow yesterday. He had 2 young guys working with him. They are gone. Yeah!!! Kathleen I don't see any reason we can't repeat some of the taboo Tuesdays since I know I apparently didn't learn very well the first time.
    I found a Weight Watcher meeting on Monday that will work for me. I will stop in MOnday and join. They do have WW at work but it is held at the board office and is 1 1/2 hours after I get off of work. I would have to find something to do during that time and I would probably end up at the mall which could get expensive. I have been trying to WW on my own but something about someone else seeing my weight every week just helps me. Also I follow so much better when I go to the meetings. Not doing very well on my own.
    Drink your water, eat your veggies and fruit. Exercise!
    Pat

Kathleen, I agree with meanmom, you can repeat some of the older ones. Go back through some of the past months and see what was there.

Meanmom glad to hear you got them out of the house. I am trying to figure out if I can work WW into my budget and find the time, now that I am working 10 hr shifts. 9am to 8 pm. and my day off is different each week.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Our January winner is Airwick156, with 24lbs lost. Great work and keep up your hard work.

She will not be joining in this month for personal reasons. She could use all the prayers we can give her.

Congratulations.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Congrats to Airwick. That's an awsome amount to lose. Now, a word to the wise - Keep it off!!
    Kathleen

I heard from Airwick today. She is safe, and keeping her head up. She was able to take her sewing machine, pair of scissors and a seam ripper with her. No fabric, so her winning had her crying.

I will be sending her some supplies that I have around here that are extras, along with some of my fabric from my scrap bin. I am trying to figure out how I can send her a ruler, cutting mat and rotary cutter. I just need to find a box big enough for them.

Please keep her in your prayers, her husband has cut her off from everything, she has only what she took when she left.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Blog Entries
    I'm in for the loss! Think I gained all I lost on a 5 day quilt retreat! My Bad!
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm in for the loss! Think I gained all I lost on a 5 day quilt retreat! My Bad!

Welcome back, time to get back up and start over. Every day is a new day.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Blog Entries
    I am glad to be with all of you doing this. It is hard for me too with so many meds. Last year I had lost 70 pounds, but after my mother died, I didn't watch calories again. Just gained it all back since then. I am ready now to start again. With lupus, sjogren's, fibromyalgis,etc. I need to keep trying.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Hi. I'd like to join in. My goal is 5#/mo. I can see I'll never win the prize, but I'll be happy with success.

Quote Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
    Hi. I'd like to join in. My goal is 5#/mo. I can see I'll never win the prize, but I'll be happy with success.
    Welcome aboard. Good luck in your loss. I sent you a PM on where to send the FQ aka "skinny quarter"
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Cindy, how about having something shipped directly to Airwick. Let me know in PM and I"ll kick in some money to help with the costs.
    Kathleen

Blog Entries
    Whoo Hoo! a whopping half pound lost since Friday! Well it is a start! lol
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
    Cindy, how about having something shipped directly to Airwick. Let me know in PM and I"ll kick in some money to help with the costs.
    I will look around and see what I can find for us to send her and see where I can get it from at the best price.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

I like many didn't lose last month, but I have been cutting out the stuff I shouldn't be eating, virtually no soda, and I didn't gain any weight so that is a plus. I would love to do weight watchers but the nearest one to me is 130 miles away, so weekly visits are not in the cards. I still plan on talking to them and seeing if I can do something monthly though. I am in for this month as well. Will try to be more proactive in posting this month.

Do I need to pm you again. or is the one from earlier good enough.
    Last edited by squires1042; 02-04-2013 at 02:31 PM. Reason: forgot something

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast