Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
February 2014 Weight Loss Adventure >

February 2014 Weight Loss Adventure

February 2014 Weight Loss Adventure

Old 02-18-2014, 10:37 AM

AWESOME!!!! Cindy. That is wonderful to hear. Wow, you do have your hands full for sure. Be sure to give yourself the time to rest inbetween all those appointments and schedule your handwork while you are waiting.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:37 PM

WOw Cindy that is awesome news. Remember to take some time for yourself between all the care for your parents. QuilterMomma maybe we should fix your DD up with my DS. He is 24 and lives at home. He needs to get out. He is a mechanic so not much opportunity to meet girls there. He has kinda lost touch with most of his college buddies. He is also shy. I told my DD that her job while in college was to find him wife. SHe isn't doing her job.
The roads here were really icy this morning. It took an hour to get to work when it is usually about 20 to 25 minutes. It warmed up this afternoon a lot. Tons of melting snow. We had sleet and thunder last night.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:22 PM

Great news Cindy! So happy for you. I've been kind of quiet on here because I was finishing up a quilt. Got it finished and delivered to my 9 yr. old second cousin. I've already started on another quilt. This one is for a young man in our church. His favorite colors are orange, green and white. I found a simple pattern I liked and have started the cutting. That's the part I dislike. I want to just start sewing! haha I haven't been taking this weight loss very seriously lately. I went for my weigh in today and was up. Maybe since the weather is warming up, I won't feel like hibernating like an old grouchy bear.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:38 AM

Teddybear Lady, I think that's how I feel - hibernating. I'm trying to eat better and go the the gym. I'm back at yoga regularly and that really helps. I sleep like a baby the night after I have yoga. That was last night. Slipped on the ice again last night, luckily I didn't fall this time.

Healthy choices today.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:49 AM

I am doing my best to take time to myself. The guy I am seeing is making sure I do that, he is so good to me. Mom on the other hand is be a royal pain in the a**....LOL she keeps trying to get me to do things for her that she can do while I am at work, and I remind her to do them herself. Sometimes she does and sometimes she doesn't.

I am really looking forward to the cruise, don't want to move it up but will be ready when it is time to go. Already looking at the excursion we can take, one is swimming with the dolphins and manatees.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:51 AM

Default Tip of the Day: Slim Down Your Side Dish

Love cheesy mashed potatoes? Look for low-fat cheese blends or part-skim ricotta--to whip into your creation. Learn more ways to enjoy dairy here.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:07 PM

There has been lot going on here. I am doing alternative allergy treatments. The doctor almost seems to be a quack. Very strange. But it seems to be working. When the trees and flowers start blooming I will be able to tell for sure.
I feel like I am doomed to catch the awful cold several kids at school have. All 3 of the kids I work closely with have it. In of them is a pain in the a@#. I asked him numerous times to cover his mouth when he coughs and to quit digging in his nose. Late this afternoon I told him to quit coughing in my face , he stood up in his seat and leaned close to my face and coughed a couple of inches from my face. We marched right down to the principals office and called his mom. He got on the phone and told mom I was telling a lie. I thought the principal was going to blow a gasket She is usually pretty calm. Not sure what I can do to try to avoid this cold. I have been taking vitamins etc.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:30 PM

Cindy, that is great news that you are still cancer-free. I can't imagine all the time and energy you put into caring for your parents. Although it might be similar to me taking care of Allie. I am tired a lot!
Yesterday I went to see the ice caves. Maybe you have seen about them on the news. It was amazing! But today I can barely walk, my muscles are so sore. We must have walked 6-7 miles and I had on the big clunky boots that were way too big on me. We drove for 7 hours and walked for almost 5 hours. I might pay a visit to my whirlpool bath again tonight.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:21 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]463439[/ATTACH]This is my cousin's daughter when I gave her the quilt I made for her. She had no idea I was making it for her.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]463440[/ATTACH]Here we are holding the quilt I made for Breanna. That little one is a cousin. She calls me her "DD". She's my DIL's niece. [ATTACH=CONFIG]463441[/ATTACH]A closeup. Bree had her eyes closed but she was smiling. haha
Attached Thumbnails bree-looking-her-quilt.jpg   deb-breanna-jaclyn-quilt.jpg   bree-smiling-deb-quilt-closeup.jpg  
Old 02-20-2014, 07:48 AM

Default Tip of the Day: Make a Breakfast Smoothie

Smoothies are a tasty breakfast option! For a quick smoothie, try orange juice, non-fat yogurt, and frozen mango slices (or other fruit). Add ice, blend and enjoy!