Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Finally!!

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Nopers ...will never buy from them .. BUT I do like the Schwan pies !LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

I've never seen a meat truck other than sometimes see locals selling seafood on our way down the NC coast.
    Did have a big ol truck in our subidivion once...selling furniture...priced to sell.....most likely stolen merchandise so we passed.

No way hosea!

In 25 years of owning a business we have had meat sellers come in wanting us to buy meat. Others selling oranges, art pictures, cleaning products, etc. We are an abrasives distributor, as in sand paper, sanding belts and the such, to the industrial market. We did buy oranges, very good and cleaning solution a couple times. No meat.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by sewgray View Post
    I would never buy anything under those circumstances.
    Me neither... for any number of reasons... the meat could be stolen, it could be poisoned, it could be who-knows-what kind of meat (like horse or something). I don't even think that's legal.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    They came to our house last summer. Nobody ever comes to our house. I was getting ready to get in the pool. Well, I wasn't exactly wearing a bathing suit that I'd wear in public... if you know what I mean? It was a string bikini that was about 3 sizes too small!! I was literally crouching behind a retaining wall separating me from the driveway! I was shouting at her: "We don't eat meat!" and she was arguing with me about it, asking if I ate pork or fish or beef?! And her prices were "so low" that I could buy it for my guests!!
    Seriously, my family hasn't eaten any meat in years! I don't believe in factory farming and slaughter houses, so I'm not going to buy meat off the truck!!! She was NOT taking the hint! I finally let the dogs out and she went away quick. Perhaps I should have let her see me in my tanning get-up and she would have screamed and drove off!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2