Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Flu shot pharmacy protection...OMG!! >

Flu shot pharmacy protection...OMG!!

Flu shot pharmacy protection...OMG!!

Old 11-30-2020, 04:52 PM

Default Flu shot pharmacy protection...OMG!!

We went to Wal-mart to get our flu shot this afternoon. Filled out the paperwork, waited for the serum to warm up. Noticed everyone in the pharmacy area wearing masks and I'm fine with that. However, when the pharmacist came out, not only was he wearing gloves and a mask, he had on a surgical mask and one of those shields. I asked him if he was protected enough and we all laughed. He said it was mandated he wear all that stuff. What! No booties?
Old 11-30-2020, 05:11 PM
Power Poster

Most people are trying to be safe and considerate of others. If I had a hazmat suit, I’d wear it.😷
Old 11-30-2020, 05:28 PM

DH and I ventured out today for a Dr. appointment and some shopping. We did not see one person without a mask. That was nice to see. Now if we could just work on wearing them properly! (Cover your nose!!)
Old 11-30-2020, 06:28 PM
Power Poster

Seems more people are wearing masks than in the beginning just don't seem to be helping.
Old 11-30-2020, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
Seems more people are wearing masks than in the beginning just don't seem to be helping.
It takes awhile to see any effect from wearing masks. If people wear masks whenever near others, after a time you will notice less cases.
Old 12-01-2020, 02:54 AM

I don't think this is overkill at all. Two people in our neighborhood had covid in March. One died. His wife, who also had it, is still recovering from the effects, both of the disease and her grief. I would rather go to a health care professional who takes as many precautions as possible than one with a cavalier attitude.
Old 12-01-2020, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Julienm1 View Post
What! No booties?
My daughter works in pharmacy and booties mandate started yesterday.
Old 12-01-2020, 03:21 AM

We lost a cousin to the virus Friday, after long hospital stay--his wife is still in hosp. My neighbor's daughter said, "He was probably old and sick from something else--it is just the flu". She also said "Just wait and see--the virus will go away after the election". How I wish she had been right!. What is wrong with these people??
Old 12-01-2020, 04:02 AM

If you think about it, where would some who is sick purchase medicine? I like the idea of all that protection. Around here, there are so many that refuse to wear any mask at all.
Old 12-01-2020, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
We see all the people wearing masks in the stores. What we don't see (at least I don't) is people gathering at parties, in bars, etc, because I am not in those spaces. Also eating in restaurants, which is said to be dangerous, and I don't do that either.