Forgetfulness!

Old 11-16-2012, 04:09 AM

Default Forgetfulness!

Just wondering if anyone else does this ...........

Sometimes I open and read a thread here and think, " this is interesting" and decide to respond to the postings. Then I see that I had already posted to the same thread before! I did not even remember reading the thread before! Oh man! This getting old stuff is getting OLD!
Old 11-16-2012, 04:40 AM

I can top that! I re-read a post and think of what I would to respond to it. Then in scrolling down realize that I've already posted exactly what I was thinking of posting. So, yeah, I agree about the getting old part. gheesh
Old 11-16-2012, 07:30 AM

Been there, done that. They say getting old isn't for sissies, and I'm beginning to believe that.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Power Poster

I want to reply to many, but if there are lots of postings, by the time I get to the bottom I have already forgotten what I was going to say. Getting old and forgetful, sure makes holding a grudge much harder. I guess that may be a good thing.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:37 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

HAHA!! I can agree.. I was talking with my cousin and she reminded me of all the quilts we did together (hand sewing) that I had totally forgotten about.. Yo Yo's, wedding ring, and a host of others we chatted about . I guess the ol harddrive is in need of a cleaning out and re-booting !LOL
Old 11-17-2012, 12:02 PM

Sounds just like me.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:17 PM

Hi ladies,

Check in with your family doctor. Getting forgetful is not always linked to aging.

2.5 years ago I went to my doctor in tears. I was forgetting entire conversations, doing add things like turning off the stove while cooking and more.

And I was only 43!

I watched my mother's best friend succumb to Alzheimer's and was very afraid.

My doctor assured me that those who feel something is wrong are not the ones he worried about, it was the ones whose families were bring up concerns, while the patient was in denial.

After a bunch of blood work it turned out my b12 was really low and that was causing the memory loss and odd behaviour. Further investigation linked it to my chronic IBS. I went gluten free and take b12 daily and am back to normal.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:20 PM

Very good advice, even if we are old, it could be something else/
Originally Posted by Tothill View Post
Hi ladies,

Check in with your family doctor. Getting forgetful is not always linked to aging.

2.5 years ago I went to my doctor in tears. I was forgetting entire conversations, doing add things like turning off the stove while cooking and more.

And I was only 43!

I watched my mother's best friend succumb to Alzheimer's and was very afraid.

My doctor assured me that those who feel something is wrong are not the ones he worried about, it was the ones whose families were bring up concerns, while the patient was in denial.

After a bunch of blood work it turned out my b12 was really low and that was causing the memory loss and odd behaviour. Further investigation linked it to my chronic IBS. I went gluten free and take b12 daily and am back to normal.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:07 PM

In Jan '08 I was in a car accident and suffered a TBI, we just call it 'hit in the head.'
Sometimes I have trouble with my short term memory, but it's not so bad, I'll forever be able to say "I was hit in the head" (rather than saying it's due to me being old!)
Old 11-17-2012, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by RugosaB View Post
In Jan '08 I was in a car accident and suffered a TBI, we just call it 'hit in the head.'
Sometimes I have trouble with my short term memory, but it's not so bad, I'll forever be able to say "I was hit in the head" (rather than saying it's due to me being old!)
This sounds like a great excuse. My husband had a stroke about 10 yrs. ago and then open heart surgery. Now every time he needs and excuse for something he says "You know I've been sick" with this little boy grin on his face.