Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fun as a Barrel of Sock Monkeys

Fun as a Barrel of Sock Monkeys

Did you know that the original Rockford Red Heel Socks now come in four colors? I couldn't make up my mind so I bought all four colors. They come in two pairs per color so I ended up making eight sock monkeys. The first monkey didn't make the photo shoot because it is already in the arms of a one-year old.

This YouTube video makes it look so quick!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWCWHg4K-oU&t=2001s

NOT!... I worked on these for months. I'm glad that they are finished, but aren't they cute? I think I'll keep one for myself. Which is your favorite color?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    *** Have the socks, just have not made them yet. But will soon. They are sooooo cute.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

I still have my old sock monkey from the 60's! I made a few over the years. I have several pairs of the original socks put away. They take a long time to make but so worth it. I like the new colors.
    I love my life!

Oh those are just so fun! Many many years ago, my Mom made one for the grands to play with when visiting. We called him Oscar...and of course he was in the original grey colour. Pretty hard to pick a favourite from yours.

Power Poster
    Very cute! Hard to choose just one but I think my favorites are the original and the pink.

I have to vote for the red one since that's my favorite color. They are soooo cute. I've always wanted to make one...never thought they were so time consuming to make. I don't have anyone to make one for so I'll just oooh & aaah over yours.

Those are beautiful, Jenn! I love the red ones, or the original brown. I made some when I was a teenager, for my little sister and me. They are a lot of fiddly work.
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 17 Album of Blocks I Made for Others http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19654.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    those are adorable... brought back memories of my great aunt making them when I was little
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Blog Entries
    Oh they are cute!!! i watched Flip or Flop I think it was. with Chip and Joanna Gaines. anyway one of her decorated rooms had a tub full of dolls. some were kittens and others bears and more. So very cute!!!

Blog Entries
    I love the yellow ones. I never knew the socks came in these colors

I have my Sock Monkey yet to be put together. Maybe I will get him out and finish him.

Your "barrel" of monkeys look like quite the handful.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

There was a vendor a Houston Quilt Fest that had the socks in colors and books to make other cute sock animals. I got some socks to make the dachshund but after reading the instructions decided that I need to think on it for a bit. But, yes, they had all the different colored socks!
    Patrice S

Those are so cute. I love all the colors. They remind me of the Carol Duval show that used to be on HGTV. I miss her and also Terry Anderson with Simply Quilts.

Blog Entries
    i like them all
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    I love them all!!

These little guys are just to cute and bring back happy memories of my childhood. I want to make one for myself. I do not have a favorite, I just love them all. Thanks for sharing and for providing a link to the video.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Is that a red or pink sock monkey? Looks red to me...the socks also come in pink and can be found in the girls (ladies) section of a "farm" store.

Quote Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
    Is that a red or pink sock monkey? Looks red to me...the socks also come in pink and can be found in the girls (ladies) section of a "farm" store.
    Mine is red... My source also had pink and green ones that I did not buy. The video that I used to make them used men's size large. I specifically wanted that size so the instruction measurements would match.

This website had the best prices that I could find: http://www.amazingsocks.com/web-pid-...Socks-item.htm

These are just too cute! I love all of the colors. I would have to keep one of each! lol Great job!

They are so neat!! And isn't it wonderful now that you have choices of color. My oldest granddaughter loves sock monkeys. Four of my grandchildren have mini monkeys as Christmas tree decorations. I will be making some...green my fav color. Thanks for posting picture and link.

KLO
    Blog Entries
    Wow, I cannot believe that you made that many! Since blue is my favorite color, this is the one I like the best .... although the yellow are super also! I started on two of these but I had trouble with the tail. Must have cut it too narrow and could not get it to look right. I also have another pair of socks but not sure if I will finish any of them. Guess I should push myself to work on them because yours are so darn cute!!! I too did not know those socks came in colors. Wonderful! Thanks for the encouragement by showing those photos.

Those are so cute.
    Retired teacher, loving it.
    Love quilting also.

I like the red and blue. Maybe I should try a few for the grandkids.

Those are all so cute and beautiful! Blue and red are some of my favorites.

I'd be happy with any of the colors, but the blue and yellow are my favorites. Yours look like perfection.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast