Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Genie Bras

Blog Entries

Genie Bras

I was reading the Chit Chat section and at the bottom there was an advertisement on Genie Bras. I saw the ad on TV a few weeks ago and thought it might be something to try out.

Just thought I would write in and say I love them. They zip up the front and are so comfortable you wouldn't believe it. My only problem is that once I have it on it is hard to zip up. Ample!!!!! So I zip it up first and then put it on like a tank top. My back and shoulder area feels so good during the day.

I have nothing to do with Genie, but sometimes you see a commercial on tv and wonder. This is the second time I have ever done this, the first being the bird house I can see from my sewing table (no birds this year, but am expecting them to show up next year) and I recommend it highly. I got three of them and with the postage they were less than $10 each. They run a tish small and I got the extra large and it fits wonderfully - no pinching, no digging in your shoulders.

Just pretend you are buying a Janome for your body!!!!!!!!! Or a Singer! Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

I think they are for sale at Walmart in the AS SEEN ON TV section.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I got one of those and had hard time trying to zip then try on and vice versa. Darn near hung myself! just don't ask. Lol! Took them back. Luckily my sister came over in the nick of time. She had a really good laugh!

If I can't put a bra on and forget I have one on I won't wear it. I love the Delta Burke stretch bras but they are very hard to find. When I find them I buy all that are available. I will try the Genie bra. Bras never stay the same, always changing!
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I buy my intimate garments from Lane Bryant. I love the Cacique line they sell.
    The bras are so comfortable.

I will have to try the Genie one one day.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Blog Entries
    I have never met a bra that I like. Therefore, I don't own one. Luckily I am one of those lesser endowed people.

They're available at a CVS and Target as well.

I just went online to check out these bras but didn't see where they zip up. Looks like you just put it on over your head and down to your chest or am I looking at the wrong ones?
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

Bras must have been invented by a man..no woman would make another one so uncomfortable......I NEED to wear one, and am still searching for the one that doesn't feel like I am wearing one!

Where are they about $10 each, all I see are $15 + each......maybe these will be the comfort zone I seek!

Quote Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
    I just went online to check out these bras but didn't see where they zip up. Looks like you just put it on over your head and down to your chest or am I looking at the wrong ones?
    There is a genie zip up bra, the other bras you just put on over your head, like you would with a sports bra

Blog Entries
    I am not affiliated in any way with JMS or Platex. I buy all my bras online from JMS , justmysize.com, finally found the perfect bra! Platex Secrets Sensationally Sleek Front Close Underwire. Ultimate side and back smoothing and STAY UP STRAPS! I have a pull on over the head bra - very comfortable when the struggle to get it on is over but not very flattering.

I began buying Genie bras (no zipper) about three years ago. Since that first purchase, I have bought nothing else. I have about ten now.

I saw them first on the Genie infomercial. The first time I saw them in a store was at Bed Bath & Beyond. I bought a package there, and have continued to buy them there. A package of two runs about $20.

When you examine them in the store, be aware that the pads in them come out through a little, neatly made slit.

And I buy one size larger than my blouse size.

I am large busted, yet the Genie gives great support and comfort. They last well----I am still wearing the ones that are three years old.
    The everyday kindness of the back roads more than makes up for the acts of greed in the headlines. ----Charles Kuralt

Blog Entries
    did not like the Genie bra I bought - too hard to get on and off and I definitely knew I was wearing a bra!

Blog Entries
    I bought three genie bras and they are wonderful, but mine have no zipper or closure of any kind. They just go on over my head, stay in place, do not bind, rub, pinch, slide, or otherwise annoy me. There have even been a couple nights that I was so tired, that I fell asleep with one on! No problem. I wear a 44DD, and they fit, and no jiggle!
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecelia363 View Post
    I am not affiliated in any way with JMS or Platex. I buy all my bras online from JMS , justmysize.com, finally found the perfect bra! Platex Secrets Sensationally Sleek Front Close Underwire. Ultimate side and back smoothing and STAY UP STRAPS! I have a pull on over the head bra - very comfortable when the struggle to get it on is over but not very flattering.
    Cecelia363...is the back of this bra 'normal'? No racer or T strap - can't tell from the photos on the jms site. But this looks like my normal - 'go to' style bra that I can not find ANYWHERE! Thank you so much for posting this!

I had ONE over the head bra and it went into the round file! Like wrestling a gator.....I am not a size 2 person, so getting this thing to "slide down" to where it was supposed to be and get the twists out of it made me break out into a sweat..... I buy front close bras from Walmart....not zipper, but hook/eye...4/5, well made, give good shape, and come in lovely colors, and most of all not expensive........

Blog Entries

Genie Bra

I have bought 2 packages of them,but they do not zip up the front- didn't know they made them that did. tore my rotor cuff and can't raise my arm to get them on now.The ones I have slips on over the head. Where did you buy the zip ones?

I have worn Cameo/Figurette bras since 1971. they look like a nursing bra but they are great and make you look great . no jiggle. I used to fit and sell them. I became way too busy to continue selling plus in order to sell a bra you need to have the correct size which means you need a large inventory. I have a few left. been selling them for $5 each so supply is getting low. But I love these bras.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
    I wear these, only I step into them and then pull them up.

Blog Entries
    No Genie for me......I am a good and plenty girl, the Genie was an exercise to get into. For the first time since puberty I was flat chested with skin, tissue, and glands being shoved around above and below the garment. Thought I would have to call 911 to be released from it. DH had a laugh..........

hate any type of bra

Blog Entries
    NJ Quilter... the back is not a racer or t-strap but the straps are a little closer to center. I love this bra, the sides and back are bigger/higher and do not roll!

I had to wear one for radiation. I wouldn't buy one.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I have Genie bras and they squish me flat and make my neck ache after a while because the shoulder straps are wide and sturdy. I wear them when I'm exercising.

When I'm hanging out at home I like the Comfy Bra. It really IS comfy! It has nice thin straps and is stretchy but supportive enough.Name:  bra.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  84.6 KB

I bought a pack of two at a yard sale but I see they have them online if you click "view page" when viewing image:
    http://www.braza-bra.com/clearance-o...comfy-bra-top/
    :-)
    CAS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast