Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Got an iPad Air for Christmas. Do I need to install antivirus?

Quote Originally Posted by cindi View Post
    From what the people at the Apple store told me, you don't need one. Apple rarely has malware - Microsoft seems to be the whipping boy for malware - and Apple is good about adding any antivirus to your updates. This goes for the ipad and iphone only. The Mac's do need antivirus software. So as long as you do the updates, you should be good. I've had my iPad for 5 years and have never had any problems. At least that's what I was told at Apple. My best advice is to stop at an Apple store and ask them.

I do suggest that you download the Adblocker app though. Makes a WORLD of difference when on the web!

Ditto what Cindi said. I asked at BOTH best buy & the Apple store. Told me the same thing. It's built so that you don't need an additional one b/c everything you look at / download gets run through the Apples software and if it lets you in / on or you see it then it's been checked & cleared. Now ENJOY!
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

That's what I was told when I bought mine last month. Had to have my granddaughter help me set it up (is that a sign of getting old?)

Quote Originally Posted by cindi View Post
    From what the people at the Apple store told me, you don't need one. Apple rarely has malware - Microsoft seems to be the whipping boy for malware - and Apple is good about adding any antivirus to your updates. This goes for the ipad and iphone only. The Mac's do need antivirus software. So as long as you do the updates, you should be good. I've had my iPad for 5 years and have never had any problems. At least that's what I was told at Apple. My best advice is to stop at an Apple store and ask them.

I do suggest that you download the Adblocker app though. Makes a WORLD of difference when on the web!

The guy at the Apple Store Genius Bar told me I didn't need any antivirus on my MacBookPro or iPad at this time.

Blog Entries
    Cindi- thank you so much for the info about Adblock. I just downloaded it on my IPad and IPhone5c.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2