Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Great new candle product!

I love to melt tarts in my house - I find that they smell better and fill up the house with scent much more quickly than ordinary candles.

I'm always searching for strong tarts that don't cost a fortune (Yankee candles are great but $2-3 per tart is too much for me). My local Hobby Lobby is now carrying a product called ScentSationals. There is an electric warming unit that melts the tart. The tart refills come in packs of 6 for $3.99. Most important, the smell is FANTASTIC! Super strong and they melt within 20 minutes. I've tried Cranberry Spice and Crackling Birch.

I'm amazed at how such a small tart can put out such a strong scent. I will definitely be trying the other scents.

Blog Entries
    California tarts walk the streets and don't smell all that great (or so I assume).

My mother has burnt some tarts and that didn't smell too good either.

I guess what I'm asking: What the heck is the tart you mention???????

:lol: Candle tarts are small pieces of wax (about the size of a normal Reese's Peanut Butter Cup) that you melt to release the scent. You can buy special warmers/burners to use the tarts in.

Here is a link to a site that sells nothing but warmers and burners. Warmers are tart holders that are electric. You place the tart in a glass bowl and put in on a warming plate. As it warms the tart, the wax melts and releases the scent. Burners work the same way except that the tart is put in a glass or porcelain holder above a tea light. As the tea light candle burns, the tart above it melts and releases scent.

http://www.scentedbaskets.com/

Blog Entries
    thanks for clearing that up. :lol:

My daughter uses those and they are great.

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    California tarts walk the streets and don't smell all that great (or so I assume).

My mother has burnt some tarts and that didn't smell too good either.

I guess what I'm asking: What the heck is the tart you mention???????
    LOL, Mad! Did you think it was a typo? *art?...rahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

ok, learn something new every day! I was thinking of tea lights after you told us what a candle tart was.
    A wax tart. huh!
    ...if I was on same wavelength with Mad, my answer would have been: mannequin.
    So, I can burn my tea lights, but if I want smell, I need a tart too.
    well, with allergies, maybe I better leave the smell off,...unless they have some that smell like spruce trees!
    I have been looking for that smell for years. We always had a real tree, when I was very young. Tried that, too messy.
    Give me the fake tree with the real smell in a candle or oil or potpourri.
    Anybody know where to get it? That smell is definitely Christmas to me :D

I love pine scents! Christmas is a great season b/c they put out tarts scented in cedar, pine, evergreen, mistletoe, etc.

One of my favorites is by yankee candle - it's called christmas wreath.

Blog Entries
    I must be the only person I know that does not like the scent of a burning candle no matter what scent it is, all I smell is melting wax and burnt wick underneath the scent. I can't tolerate Fabreez either. I seem to have sinus trouble every time I smell Fabreez.

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I must be the only person I know that does not like the scent of a burning candle no matter what scent it is, all I smell is melting wax and burnt wick underneath the scent. I can't tolerate Fabreez either. I seem to have sinus trouble every time I smell Fabreez.
    You are not the only one sensitive to Fabreez.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    I'm glad Mad cleared up the tart issue - my first thought was the street walking kind as well! :lol:

I too like my candle tart. If you get on Yankee candle web page (or sign up for there newsletters), you can get some good bargains either online or at their stores. Last week I received a coupon from their newsletter for $1 off tarts and votices (no limit). I got quite a few tarts for me and votives for Christmas gifts. Check to see if this sale is still going on.:lol:

I have had a tart burner for about 5 years and I love it. Another great thing about it is that if you want to change the scent, just place the tart burner with the solid tart (after it has hardened back up from being melted) in the freezer for about 15 minutes and the tart will pop right out so you can melt another scent. Tarts are a lot more economical than candles.

I love tarts. I use mine with a dish and a (coffee) mug warmer.
    No candle flame to worry about, they smell great, last a long time and are so easy and cheap to make your own.
    I get my supplies from Kentucky Candle.
    :D

Pocono Candle has awesome scents- their Balsam Fir is the pine you're looking for.

They have yummy scents!

I tried Fabreze once on my couch. The smell the fabreze gave off
    was awful. Couldn't sit on my couch for 2 days. Never use that
    stuff again.