Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Grown Up/Adult coloring books?

I love to color, and wish they were not so busy. A happy medium would be between the kids coloring books and the new adult books.

Blog Entries
    This is the website that I downloaded & printed the coloring
    pages.

They ALWAYS adding new pages too.

Coloring Pages for Adults
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

I didn't know these existed, amazing. My dad is moving into assisted living today, I'm definitely going to go out and buy some of these and some crayons. They could be an ice breaker for him and surely he'll make some friends fast. If he doesn't like them I'm sure someone else will.

There just doesn't seem to be any quiet time for me. I have a lot of colored pencils that I used to color the quilt patterns when I ran out of color ink on the printer.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

so nice to come back to this thread and see we have a fellowship here we didn't know about before.

I sent coloring books and crayons and pencils to my daughter and her group of pilots when they were in Afghanistan and Iraq. They loved them.

It looks like fun. I have started to buy some but stopped myself because I am not likely to color once I get it home. Maybe next time I see them I will pick one up, I really loved to color when I was little and and when my daughters were little. (My most favorite Christmas present when I was 5 was a wooden bucket, on the lid it was labeled, "Candy's Own Crayons" - wish I still had it, but somewhere along the way my parents got rid of it.)

I bought several of the books from a craft catalog before they became so popular because I thought they would make beautiful stained glass patterns for quilting. So far I have not used them. My 16 year old GD is very artistic and is always drawing and painting , so this gives me a good idea of a gift for her.

I've bought a few, but haven't started coloring yet. After going through the books, I see several designs that I want to copy, so I can make different color versions of the same one.
    Last edited by caspharm; 12-02-2015 at 11:39 AM.

Blog Entries
    When I was buying some books, colored pencils & markers on Amazon
    for my daughter I also bought myself a coloring book called "Cats & Quilts"
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

My daughter and I love to colour, but her and I looked at some of these adult books and found them to be too busy and it made her anxiety go through the roof! So we have been just sticking to kids colouring books.
    Kathy

Power Poster
    i have seen so many out there mainly looking for ones with quilting hard to find
    QUILTNMO

I was amazed at the prices they charge for those things! I do zentangle for pain and stress management, so when I want to color, I just color one of my drawings. :
    Attached Images Attached Images

Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Quote Originally Posted by QUILTNMO View Post
    i have seen so many out there mainly looking for ones with quilting hard to find
    I saw some I think here on the board, not the books but some zentangle images that were sewing related, I think they had downloaded image outlines such as scissors, needles, etc. then filled them in with tangles.
    I suppose one could draw quilting images and tangle them in. What kind of thing did you have in mind? Something like quilt's on a fence that you could color as desired or quilting items?
    You have intrigued me. Smilesss and hugs.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

My 2 year old granddaughter shares her coloring book pages and crayons with me each night. It is one of my favorite times. We love the color 'blue' and freedom of no staying in the lines. We think we are very good at this art.
    Carol

Wildyard, that is gorgeous. I was very much into zentangle a couple years ago, and would use highly pigmented water colors to color them in. You just inspired me to pull out those supplies again!

For some reason coloring books for adults drive me insane. Maybe because I think if you have time to color, you have time to quilt!!

I wanted to give some coloring books to a friend who colors, and found very nice ones with complex designs at the store "5 below." The store is new to us and I had not been in it more than once or twice, but I saw their ad flyer in the paper and decided to check out the books. They were $4 each and there were several to choose from. I saw some for at least $10 more at Michael's, but was pleased with what I got at 5 below.
    "Accomplishment is a consequence of effort" -- Michael Crichton

I found another good reason to buy them. We have a Down`s son, he is quite bright, and I though he might like to try it. He had been doing felt coloring and had a good eye for color. Well, he loves them and is doing one for each of his sister`s, they look so beautiful we plan on framing them also. I have heard there is a little genius in all of us.

I've never stopped coloring! LOL I have a small bookcase filled with children's coloring books I've used over the years for crafting. It's nice to have books available for more of a color challenge to distress with. My grown children will tell you I seldom leave a store without checking for new crayons, markers, colored pencils, etc.
    54489-296-692B1FB355C11B3B0DD23F421F4500E4

The Beautiful Willamette Valley In Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimkankwilt View Post
    Yep....I sure am. I went to our place in the desert over Thanksgiving and we have no TV connection, so I colored. Got 3 pages done . I bought the Creative Haven coloring books at Aaron Bros with my 50% off coupon (Creative Cats, Steampunk Designs, and Art Nouveau Animal Designs), got an #*$load of markers, glitter pens, pencils, and am havin' a blast. I'm even having a coloring tea party with my DD and DIL and few of friends and we're gonna color, eat, and drink wine....and maybe tea!!!
    What a neat idea, Kimkankwitt, having a coloring tea party; I think it would be a blast! My adult daughter and one of her friends are really into coloring. As a small child, my dear grandmother always bought me coloring books and crayons, and we would sit and color together. Little did I know then that it was probably also her way of relaxing; I sure enjoyed the quiet companionship as we sat there at the kitchen table comparing our progress and talking about all the pretty colors, such good memories!!
    Shirley
    "We shall pass this way on Earth but once; if there is any kindness we can show, or good act we can do, let us do it now, for we will never pass this way again." Stephen Grellet

Quote Originally Posted by QUILTNMO View Post
    Tula Pink has a coloring book. she designs for Free Spirit fabrics. AdornIt fabric has one. Laurel Burch has one coming out in the spring. Farmers' Wife will be out in the spring too
    sandy
    Last edited by Sandygirl; 12-03-2015 at 11:37 AM.
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

I used to keep a coloring book and crayons next to my chair in the living room. That was long before it was "cool" for adults to color. I find I don't have the time now - too much to do and not enough time!!
    Debbie in Kentucky
    kydeb.wordpress.com

The Beautiful Willamette Valley In Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
    Tula Pink has a coloring book. she designs for Free Spirit fabrics. AdornIt fabric has one. Laurel Burch has one coming out in the spring. Farmers' Wife will be out in the spring too
    sandy
    Wow, can't wait to see the Laurel Burch book! I have her fabrics showing horses of several years ago, and just bought her dogs panel and some coordinating fabric in that line. The latter was flying off the shelves of our LQS. Love her designs!
    Shirley
    "We shall pass this way on Earth but once; if there is any kindness we can show, or good act we can do, let us do it now, for we will never pass this way again." Stephen Grellet

Seems these are soo hot right now! Was wondering if my 90 yr old Mom could do these. She has dementhia, does embroidery (which I have to find a pattern & transfer to white fabric & give her 1 color to work with). She doesn't read anymore & does some word search...
    ~ I'm a Blessed Nanna to 2 Grandsons & 5 Granddaughters & 1 grandson in law ~
    ~ I'm a Blessed Mom to DS & DDIL, DD & DSIL ~
    ~ Mom to 1 black beauty now ~ Daisy ~
    ~ God Bless the USA ~ God Bless Our Troops ~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast