GRRRR!!!! MY vent!

Old 04-13-2010, 10:00 AM

Okay - this hasn't been the best of weeks for sewing. I officially have become the "seam ripper queen" of all times! EVERY seam I've sewn has had to be ripped out! Even the last row of quilting on the machine....taken out TWICE! I went on to a beading project a girlfriend and I decided to try -- for beginners -- riiiiiiight! :roll: It's a 3-d hummingbird with those eensy-teensy seed beads. I actually wrote to the woman that sold the pattern/kit and asked why do her hummingbirds have eyes that are all wonky. MINE are wonky and I've followed the pattern!!! GRRRRR She said it was me and gave me hints, but now I'm fed up. Okay - so gave up on them, went on to the fabric I bought while traveling. Thought I'd bought enough for kitchen window (3 windows in corner) and the breakfast room. Nope --- BUT, I can make it work. Down to the last....a burgundy fabric with black chickens......laying out the last and notice 2 white spots -- like bleach!!!!!!!! ARRRRRRGH -- I'm going to go find a burgundy colored pen and PAINT them. They're tiny -- and they'll be way up there on the valance..........first, I'm taking up drinking...... :roll: :roll:
Old 04-13-2010, 11:10 AM

CHEERS!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 11:13 AM

Oh my gosh, I am laughing so hard! I was feeling Amanda's grammy's pain, then read her last line and then Darlene's post of CHEERS! Oh my gosh, so funny!!! :lol:

OK, back to reality. Seems Murphy's law has been following you. Stepping away from it for a day will probably help you. Go do something else, anything else, then come back to it.

We need to know how you make out, and especially if you take up any new "hobbies"! :D
Old 04-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
first, I'm taking up drinking...... :roll: :roll:
Funny - I was going to suggest that. HM?!

It sounds like you just need to take a break. Is it possible that your subconscious is set up to screw up? Tomorrow will be better. ...and easy on the drink there, sister! Believe me - the level of creativity attributed to alcohol may have you in tears once sober. lol
Old 04-13-2010, 12:26 PM

LOL - I probably shouldn't joke about it, Martina....but I seldom drink. I get such a high off Pepsi, that's all I can handle!!!!

And Murphy will NOT win!!! I got the kitchen valances done, and 2 windows in the breakfast room to go. Hope to have them done today. I have a busy schedule this next few weeks...and we have company coming toward the end of the month....HAVE to make the place look spruced up before they get here!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Power Poster

Just think of it this way... you got all the mess ups for the day, week, month... year :roll: out of the way all at once :wink:
Old 04-13-2010, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
LOL - I probably shouldn't joke about it, Martina....but I seldom drink. I get such a high off Pepsi, that's all I can handle!!!!

And Murphy will NOT win!!! I got the kitchen valances done, and 2 windows in the breakfast room to go. Hope to have them done today. I have a busy schedule this next few weeks...and we have company coming toward the end of the month....HAVE to make the place look spruced up before they get here!!!
This post is much more positive, so it sounds like things have settled for you. Show us pictures of the valances!
Old 04-13-2010, 01:24 PM

We've all had those kind of days. Sometimes it turns into weeks of hair pulling. I'm finishing a quilt top now that has been on hold for about 12 years. I'll be so glad to be done with the sucker!
Old 04-13-2010, 01:45 PM

Ok - the pictures aren't great, but you get the idea. I didn't have enough of the chicken print to do all three windows, but enough of the burgundy to finish it out. I think I like it better! And a close up of the chickens/roosters. And, last but not least, my helpers. I think the red geranium is going to have to be replaced....it actually clashes with the fabric.

All three valances
[ATTACH=CONFIG]56788[/ATTACH]

A close-up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]56789[/ATTACH]

My helpers
[ATTACH=CONFIG]56790[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-56788.jpe   attachment-56789.jpe   attachment-56790.jpe  
Old 04-13-2010, 04:38 PM

The valances look awesome, and I love your helpers! :D