Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Hand Stitched Felt Ornaments Round 2

Hand Stitched Felt Ornaments Round 2

After stitching the first round of ornaments for the class at my small local Craft group, I decided to make some more. All the ornaments are hand stitched and beaded from picture images, I made all my own patterns except fro the mice, for which I have very old patterns from when I began making them in the 1980's. I thoroughly enjoyed making these ornaments and found it very relaxing as we do lead quite a busy life with still being self employed after almost 50 years. I am hoping we can retire soon.

Along with the pictures of the ornaments I will post my Christmas Angel that I made 24 years ago and repaired her at our recent quilt retreat. I washed her and the wire I had placed in her arms bled so I had to remake her arms, body and underskirt which is all in one piece. McCalls pattern #5013

I also made a small plaid Christmas Stocking decorated with fancy stitching and buttons.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You did a great job. They are all so pretty.
    Sharyl

I couldn't upload all the pictures, so here are the rest. The Santa ornament was a free downloaded pattern.
    http://gingermelondolls.blogspot.com...t-pattern.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    love the roo, never saw one done up. all are so sweet and special. so much love and work put into them. beautiful. love the mouse too!
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Those are all wonderful! You did beautiful work. Your tree is going to be fabulous.

Blog Entries
    Wow, these are awesome. Great job!! Lots of inspiration there!! My favorite is the first one, the wreath with the buttons.
    Last edited by Judith1005; 08-18-2015 at 03:58 PM.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

They are all so beautiful. I love them..
    Besides my family, my pets are the most important things to me. I have had birds, a dog or cats since I was about 8 years old. The cruelest thing you can do to me is take my animals away.

Wonderful! I love the felt Christmas items. Our Santa stockings are kits that I adapted to fit each person. You have inspired me to find that bag of extra sequins and beads (left over from the kits) and get to work. I love the white felted ones.

I don't usually care for hand made ornaments, but I have to say yours are all just beautiful. Very well done. I especially liked the little mice. Thanks for sharing.

All the ornaments are cute, but I especially like the littel grey Koala; is there a pattern for him?
    June

Love them all! Oh, dear! Only four months!
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

What beautiful work you do! Love them all but the koala has a special meaning to me. I might have missed it but do you sell them?

Blog Entries
    Those are treasures and sure to be enjoyed for a long time.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Just came across this post. Love all your ornaments but the kangaroo and koala are wonderful.