Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Has your dog ever been treated for a bladder infection? Had to take my Shih Tzu dog to vet today was sick and vomitting all night long

Blog Entries
    Has your dog ever been treated for a bladder infection?

My poor little dog (shih tzu will be 8 years old April 22nd) and was up all night long last night vomitting for 3 hours, I called the vet and took him in to see Dr. and he has a bladder infection.
    He got 2 shots and antibiotics meds. He is my baby and spoiled rotten.

Craftybear

Blog Entries
    My min pin had this problem. He was 12 years old. The meds help.

Blog Entries
    Yep, they get them just like we humans do! I hope he has a speedy recovery :D:D:D

My poor baby had a blockage in his gall bladder and was throwing up bright yellow bile. If yours was doing the same..ask for an ultrasound. The first vet just adjusted his diet but 7 months later I took him to a different vet and it was too late to save him and I had just been to visit the other vet two week before!

Oh, your poor baby! I know what you mean about him being your baby - I have two Shih Tzu's - "my boys". I hope the meds you got him do the trick and he's up and loving life again soon. Take care!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Crafty, I haven't had that experience but wanted to wish you well with your baby. So glad it's something treatable.
    Our fur kids really are our babies!!!
    Hugs, Sue

Oh yes, my 15 yr old Yorkie has had bladder infections, bladder stones (surgery required) and now kidney stones. He has a special prescript (Hills U/D) food that he hates...so I make chicken stew and sometimes beef stew to mix with the horrible tasting grain free dry food. Hope yours is well soon. Worse than when our kids were little..fur babies can't talk!

Tink hasn't, but she has many other health issues...please find out what caused the infection and what can be done to prevent it from happening again.
    Tink has a problem with taking her antibiotics...they really upset her tummy. I find that if I give her a little boiled chicken and rice with the pills that she tolerates them better.

I too have a shih-tzu who is also my baby. She was 7 in February and I had her to the vet a month ago with a UTI. That is the second one she has ever had. She got a shot along with amoxicillin.

Oh no!! Not my baby boy Felix! Poor little guy. Give him hugs for me Craftybear :D

Poor baby! My bulldog had them as a puppy, chronically. We would just get over one round of antiobotics, and she would get it back again. We did liquid, pills, shots, yeesh. They said her immune system wasnt fully developed, and she FINALLY outgrew it.
    Hope he feels better soon!

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone, I called a vet on call at the hospital and going to take Felix to vet Friday afternoon so they can see what is wrong with him, he tried to drink some water and it came back up, I can't get him to eat or take his pill (and he won't let me open his mouth) hubby can't help me because of his double transplant and don't want hubby bit by the dog

I would dip your finger into a cup of water or pedialyte and let the dog lick the drop. You don;t need a dehydrated dog. Just about 10 drops and then later on if this stays down.

Blog Entries
    Hi Everyone,

Sad my darling Felix had to have surgery Friday night and he didn't make it. He had 6 big bladder stones and they could not remove them from surgery and we had to put him down. The vet did an xray and he saw the 6 big bladder stones and lots of small ones. His bladder was 4 times as big as it should of been and the vet said it looked like ground up meat. His bladder was also pushing on his intestines and he couldn't poop. He hadn't eat or drink since Wednesday night as everytime he took water he vomitted. He would of been 8 years old on April 22, 2011.

Felix
    Name:  Attachment-182474.jpe
Views: 15
Size:  16.0 KB

You know I'm thinking of you Craftybear. I will miss my sweet little buddy Felix. He was a special boy. ((((HUGS))))

Blog Entries
    Thanks Qbee, he loved you when you visited us. I still remember him jumping on your bed to wake you up Saturday morning.

He smelled your dog treats in your sack when we came home from town and barked at you to get you to feed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Qbee
    You know I'm thinking of you Craftybear. I will miss my sweet little buddy Felix. He was a special boy. ((((HUGS))))

Sorry to hear about your little Buddy, Craftybear... you did the right thing for him, even though it hurts beyond belief.
    Hugs, Susie and Tinkerbelle

np3
    Blog Entries
    I'm so sorry! I know how much you loved him and how much he loved you. HUGS.

Blog Entries
    Craftybear, I read this with tears in my eyes. I am so sorry for your loss of Felix. I hope it brings you some kind of comfort knowing that you gave him a loving home and good life. (((((HUGS)))))

Blog Entries
    Yes, years ago our darling old Kurt, a Doberman, started creeping around kind of bent over. He had a bladder infection, antibiotics and LOTS of water. LOTs and lots of water was what the vet told us. Many dogs, and people too, don't drink enough water to wash out all the crystals that form in the bladder.

Water. More water. Praise him for "going" and try to take him out every half hour or so. Lots of praise.

Im so so sorry about your Felix. Holding you in my thoughts

kay

Blog Entries
    I have 4 shih tzu's. One of mine..Lucy..who passed away in January used to have bladder infections. She tolerated the meds well and it cleared up. She was throwing up yellow bile also. My Patty looks just like your Felix. My thoughts are with you in the lose of your little sweetie. I know how painful it is to lose them.
    peace and blessings,

Blog Entries
    I feel your pain. Even after all these years, I still tear up thinking of holding my darlings when the vet gave them rest.

Remember the happy days with your fur child. These animals are sent to us to teach us about real, true love .

:( so sorry
    take care Craftybear!

Blog Entries
    try D'Mannose - you can Google search it. I use it for me. My sister uses it. Her little dog was up all night wetting so she put a pinch in his bowl a couple times a day and the dog is healed - no drugs!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast