Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Have any good family laughs for Christmas? >

Have any good family laughs for Christmas?

Have any good family laughs for Christmas?

Old 12-25-2010, 10:11 PM

We had a nice day for Christmas, very busy with grandkids ages 2 and 4. We got the 4-year-old a Baby Alive doll that "eats" bananas and talks (and she got a doll quilt!). The doll was a big hit, but after a while GD came to me with the baby, bowl and spoon and said, "Here, you be the mommy." I said I was not the mommy, just the grandma. She was the mommy. She said, "No, YOU be the mommy!" I said, "No, I am the grandma. YOU are the mommy. You have to always be responsible for your choices." The entire family erupted in laughter. I said, well, it's never too early to lay the groundwork.

Another good moment was surprisingly poignant. Our son bought an engagement ring and is popping the question New Year's Eve. (She was with her family out of state today.) I give my son an ornament every year, ususally something totally ridiculous. This year I gave him two overlapped silver hearts. I didn't know if he'd like it. He was so touched when he opened it, and it hit him like a ton of bricks that next Christmas he'd be having his own tree in his own home with his wife. He got a bit teary. I said yes, when I take down the tree this year, his ornaments and stocking will be packed to take with him. Next year he can hang his awful sparkly Los Vegas Elvis ornament on his own tree!

Did you have any good holiday laughs?
Old 12-25-2010, 10:24 PM

My granddaughter has a picture of her dad (actulaly stepdad, but don't let him here that term) on her cell phone that will make good blackmail material. He needed to work outside for a few minutes and rather than dig a coat out of the truck, he grabbed one of mine - my smallest, of course. Picture a six foot muscular man in a size 12 coat with a fitted waist. I need her to email me a copy of that one.

When my children are together, the laughs are many. They (we) are a bunch of smart mouths to put it mildly.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
My granddaughter has a picture of her dad (actulaly stepdad, but don't let him here that term) on her cell phone that will make good blackmail material. He needed to work outside for a few minutes and rather than dig a coat out of the truck, he grabbed one of mine - my smallest, of course. Picture a six foot muscular man in a size 12 coat with a fitted waist. I need her to email me a copy of that one.

When my children are together, the laughs are many. They (we) are a bunch of smart mouths to put it mildly.
What a great picture! What color was the coat?
Old 12-25-2010, 10:40 PM

Our funniest Christmas moment happened while wrapping gifts on Christmas Eve afyernoon. I was exhausted from last minute shopping and obligations, tired from no sleep the night before, just generally grumpy. My 13 y/o son is in the next room playing videogames and makes some comment about me being "Grinchy", so my DH pipes up with "I don't care too much for all this Grinch stuff but I sure wouldn't mind if she was a little Ho-Ho-Ho every once in a while!". I busted out laughing - my son was shocked and amused , and I think DH may have embarrassed himself just a tiny bit when he realized our 13 y/o got the joke. The outcome was great though because it sure did lighten the mood and we spent the rest of the afternoon joking around, having a great time! Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-25-2010, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by craftyone27
Our funniest Christmas moment happened while wrapping gifts on Christmas Eve afyernoon. I was exhausted from last minute shopping and obligations, tired from no sleep the night before, just generally grumpy. My 13 y/o son is in the next room playing videogames and makes some comment about me being "Grinchy", so my DH pipes up with "I don't care too much for all this Grinch stuff but I sure wouldn't mind if she was a little Ho-Ho-Ho every once in a while!". I busted out laughing - my son was shocked and amused , and I think DH may have embarrassed himself just a tiny bit when he realized our 13 y/o got the joke. The outcome was great though because it sure did lighten the mood and we spent the rest of the afternoon joking around, having a great time! Merry Christmas!!
Sorry, but DH and I can't stop laughing......
Old 12-26-2010, 01:41 AM

My son bought himself a Taboo game and wrapped it, He and another son played it although not by the rules and listening to the clues and Answers given cause many laughs! It was a hoot!!
Old 12-26-2010, 04:12 AM

After we'd been sampling the Xmas wine this made us crack up.
My 5yr old DGS got a toy garbage truck that talks and makes rude noises from the back. My SIL, a computer/electrical smarty, somehow rigged it to be louder than the factory setting.
My DGS loved it and of course kept making it repeat itself (pun intended).
So after dinner we adults are in the living room talking while all the kids sat on the floor playing and we heard yet another 'noise'. We assumed it was the toy truck until the other kids pointed to the 11mos old.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:29 AM

My brother said that while at Nana's my nephew opened a toy requiring Double D batteries. Nana was not impressed when nephew asked her if she had Double D's.

Priceless!
Old 12-26-2010, 04:47 AM

Well, my 19-month-old nephew was the entertainment from Christmas Eve through Christmas night. He repeats everything that's said, in his cute sqeaky voice. I've never laughed for 24 hours straight before.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:03 AM

Thank you for sharing this!
Made my morning!

Can't wait for the hubs to read it =)