Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Haven't been able to use new Emb. Machine. Arrgghh! >

Haven't been able to use new Emb. Machine. Arrgghh!

Haven't been able to use new Emb. Machine. Arrgghh!

Old 07-18-2011, 08:17 AM

I have been so frustrated lately..... I finally bought a Brother 1500D embroidery machine only to have it sit in my sewing area not able to get to it. Haven't even been able to thread it yet!!! We had to clean out my FIL's apartment as he had to go into a care facility. All of his "stuff" was brought to our home and stacked in our living/dining rooms. Unfortunately my sewing area is our dining room. I can't even get to my regular sewing machine let alone my new machine. I don't feel it is my place to toss my husband's family's stuff and he has been so busy with work and helping his dad, who will be 90 in a few weeks, that my hubby hasn't even been able to have time to start sorting. I think I will start the process for him...at least so I can clear a path to my sewing area. Sorry, I am just unloading my frustrations. Just looking in my dining/sewing room and seeing my new "baby" and not being able to get to her is really frustrating.

Up until today I haven't even been able to move or bend over for weeks. I had pinched a nerve or tore a muscle so I couldn't even think about moving a box or furniture. Was in the ER on the 4th of July evening and had tons of tests. They could tell me what I didn't have, not what I had. Now that the pain has subsided and I am feeling up to it, I look at all the mess and just want to cry. Lots to be thankful for....will just take it one box at a time....<sigh>

Thanks for being my shoulder ..... I love this board.
Hugs to all,
Diane
Old 07-18-2011, 08:23 AM

That is sad about not getting to your machines. Sorry about your DH's dad, it is always hard when you get to that point with a loved one. Best of luck in your sorting, does your DH have any sibs that can help?
Old 07-18-2011, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Launie
That is sad about not getting to your machines. Sorry about your DH's dad, it is always hard when you get to that point with a loved one. Best of luck in your sorting, does your DH have any sibs that can help?
He has one sister who lives in another state. When she was here she was no help at all. She put a few things in boxes but did not help with anything at all. She wanted some things shipped to her and told us to send them. She didn't even have them shipped to her home herself.....we have to do it. So, no, no one to help but us. We'll eventually get thru it. I just want to sew!!!!! lol
Old 07-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Cyn

Sorry bout your troubles. My daughter is moving out the middle of August and all her boxes/stuff is in the middle of our den, living room and my car!!!! It's not too much in the way and I'm glad we can do it for her but it does get on my nerves!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:04 AM
Power Poster

Oh Diane, I am so sorry for all your troubles. Good news is that your back is feeling better. One box at a time sounds like a good idea. Before you know it you will be embroidering on your lovely machine and having a great time of it!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:18 AM

Dear Diane,
I know right now you think that the new baby is not being care for and your right. but just when you think that you'll never get to sew on her, you'll be sitting and sharing all the projects and lovely quilts that you have embroidered with us at the board. As one of my student told me " this to shall pass".
Old 07-18-2011, 09:21 AM

No sewing space available now that is sad. Sewing helps me to cope with lots of things that nothing else could. Hope it clears out soon for you.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:06 AM

It's not fun going through a parent's belongings. At some time you feel like you are invading their privacy and others you just want to put it all in the trash because you want it over and done with. Please take a deep breath, a cup of coffee or tea and take your time. My sister & I had the daunting task for our mother and we almost gave away a 400 year old cross.

Take care - our prayers are with you.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:02 AM

It is an emotional roller coaster when dealing with parents' belongings. I learned from watching grandparents and great aunts...it is wise to label things that are valuable while you still can. Or at least make a list of the valuables. I had an aunt who put someone's name on everything she owned. We use to go look behind pictures, trinkets, you name it when we were much younger just to see who was getting what...lol. Glad you are feeling better. Take it one day at a time!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:05 AM

Hang in there girl......Call on your some of your well organized friends to come help you out...Clear a path and get back to sewing.....Hugzzzzzzzzz....Hope your FIL gets better and things get back to normal real soon.....

Sandi