Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Help! I gotta mail something weird! RSVP-ASAP!

Blog Entries
    My brother just left this morning after staying with us for a couple months. He was here to recover from having all of his teeth pulled. About an hour after he left, and an hour into his trip north, he called me in a panic. In his rush to leave, he forgot something extremely important to him. His teeth ( he can't wear them full time yet...), are still on my kitchen counter, in a coffee cup. He forgot to package them after he brushed them. Stop laughing please..... Now he wants me to ship them to him. How would I go about packaging them for the mail? I thought putting them in a baggie, inside a box might be okay, but I am not sure. Any suggestions would be helpful. Now, I can say I have mailed some of the strangest things on earth. lol! Thanks for your help.

In a baggie is good but wrap it also in bubble wrap and then the box........safe as a momma's arms. But INSURE IT.

That's a good sissie.

pad them well and insure them!

LOL - a baggie should work. A friend of mine had to remove her's before surgury. She put them in a baggie with a little water and sealed them up tight. Her husband carried them in his jacket pocket so she could have them as soon as she was awake. Worked fine.

Power Poster
    I would package them like fragile glass - they are sturdy - but I would make sure they were well-protected from bumps.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrspete
    In a baggie is good but wrap it also in bubble wrap and then the box........safe as a momma's arms. But INSURE IT.

That's a good sissie.
    Yes, sister, PLEASE use bubble wrap and insure them. If you don't I won't stop laughing !! :-D :-D
    You can get a free small flat-rate Priority box at the post office for 4.75 or so and then insurance.
    I ship for my ebay business every day and the post office is terrible with packages!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrspete

That's a good sissie.
    ditto :thumbup: if it is the top and bottom be sure to warp them individually with bubble wrap insure, insure insure.

Sounds like the time I lost my glasses.....found them the next day in the freezer. My DH either played a mean joke or I left them in there when they fogged up while I was looking for something.

Blog Entries
    Thank you all. I forgot about using bubble wrap. You guys are awesome!

Power Poster
    You know all the plastic bags we get when we are shopping, I use those in packages.

You might want to buy some of those fake wax teeth that come out about this time of year and include them in the package.... that is if you're the practical joker kind of person like me :mrgreen:

put them in this:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charmpacksplus
    You might want to buy some of those fake wax teeth that come out about this time of year and include them in the package.... that is if you're the practical joker kind of person like me :mrgreen:
    I was thinking of the ones you can wind up. teehehe.

Seriously, if you don't have bubble wrap - I bet you have batting.

I am wondering if he finally noticed he didn't have his teeth when he ordered lunch !!

Wrap them in some bubble wrap & you can send in the small Priority Flat Rate Box for $4.75 if you print the shipping label on USPS.com website. If you don't have the box, you can go to the post office, but they will then charge you $4.95.

If you print the shipping label on the USPS.com website, you get "free" Delivery Confirmation. It's extra if you mail from the post office.

Insurance and return receipt might be wise too or get a tracking number at least.

Oh too funny....and when the postmaster asks you if you are mailing anything "Hazardous, restricted or perishible", YOU SAY........

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just think.......you can tease him about this for YEARS!!

I had all my uppers pulled, several at a time, when the last 7 or 8 were pulled my dentures went right in and I was told not to take them out, except for cleaning and wear them at night also. I went right back to work and did everytime I had some pulled. That was probably 18 years ago.

Bubble wrap around the baggie inside a sturdy box and for sure, FOR SURE, INSURE the package!!!! You can also have a delivery confirmation added.

Dentures, if dropped even a short distance like...in the sink, can break. Postal people THROW packages. I've seen it many times. Heck the FED-X guy stood out on my sidewalk & tossed a box 10 foot to my front door! Good thing it wasn't glass. Anyway wrap them well in bubble wrap, insure them & make sure you get delivery conformation.

I had 13 teeth upper pulled at one time. I had "immediate dentures" put in while I was still under. I was told NOT to take them out. Had a dental visit the next day. Dentist took them out & had me rinse. He checked for sores/bleeding/etc & back in they went. I even had stitches. Every dentist & situation is different tho. Hope your brother makes out OK.

Pad them well, insure them, and make sure it has to be
    SIGNED for, so no one else can get their hands on something
    that expensive and necessary.

Blog Entries
    I am still laughing...:)
    Sorry for laughing but this really is funny for him, I too wonder if he remembered them when he stopped for lunch..

I have dentures too and was running late to work one day, got up and took a 2 minute shower, dressed and rushed out the door in a hurry to get to work, after all I had only been on the job a little over a month.
    I was about 5 miles from the house when I took a bite of the donut that I had grabbed on the way out the door when I realized I hadnt put my teeth in...

Yup your right, I was really late for work then. :)

Blog Entries
    I will find them! (wax teeth) This is the brother who delights in practical jokes on me. I owe you, big time! ;) :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousie
    put them in this:
    Oh, that is priceless! We have a little gray tabby cat named Miss Kitty. The whole time my brother was here, Miss Kitty kept trying to sleep on his chest. BTW, he is allergic to cats! I added to the note: Miss Kitty says "thanks for the loan!" You guys are great! Hugs!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast