Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Help! PJ pants with pockets! >

Help! PJ pants with pockets!

Help! PJ pants with pockets!

Old 12-12-2010, 10:05 PM

Does anyone know where I can get flannel PJ pants with side pockets? That's what my sister wants for Christmas. She lives on the other side of the US, and I'm afraid if I make them for her that they might not fit. Besides, I am running out of time. I can't seem to find them with pockets anywhere. Has anyone seen them?

Thanks!
Old 12-12-2010, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Zappycat
Does anyone know where I can get flannel PJ pants with side pockets? That's what my sister wants for Christmas. She lives on the other side of the US, and I'm afraid if I make them for her that they might not fit. Besides, I am running out of time. I can't seem to find them with pockets anywhere. Has anyone seen them?

Thanks!
If your pj pattern does not have pockets use a pocket pattern piece from another pattern and just sew them in as normal.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:08 PM

Do you have a target store near you? I have gotten some for DGD in the mens dept. Also if you have a jc pennys you can call and ask them to check plus you can call their catalog dept and they can check for you. That way you can order them and they can ship direct to her.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:09 PM

I found a pattern with pockets, I would just rather buy them at this point! Some store must sell them!!

Originally Posted by kristen0112

Thanks!
If your pj pattern does not have pockets use a pocket pattern piece from another pattern and just sew them in as normal.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:15 PM

After I bought all the fabric for my kids and husband I realized it would have been cheaper to have just gone to Old Navy and bought some at $7-9 a pair. The fabric was $5.96 a yard and each pair needed almost 2 yards. At least they will all match ;-)
I found a pattern with pockets, I would just rather buy them at this point! Some store must sell them!!

Originally Posted by kristen0112

Thanks!
Old 12-13-2010, 04:51 AM

Thanks!
So open up the side seam and put some in. The fabric doesn't have to match as it won't be seen. My Gkids wanted pj pants with pockets a couple years ago. They were so thrilled that they got what they wanted. I even did it for the men.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:53 AM

that is definitely a good option just to use some plain fabric to create pockets and would be fairly simple.
Originally Posted by grann of 6

Thanks!
So open up the side seam and put some in. The fabric doesn't have to match as it won't be seen. My Gkids wanted pj pants with pockets a couple years ago. They were so thrilled that they got what they wanted. I even did it for the men.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Hmmm.... guess that never occurred to me! Good option! Thanks!
Old 12-13-2010, 05:19 AM

Thanks!
I have found them at Target, Walmart, Younkers, Penneys. BUT, the pockets only seem to come in the men's pants. Very difficult to find women's pants with pockets. Good luck.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:24 AM

You might try Old Navy.