Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hiding storage with table skirt?

Blog Entries
    You also can buy curtains at Goodwill//nice drapes and cut the bottoms to size//tension rod for easy removal.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I did mine similar to SAndygirl. I got some dowel rods and just some small screw hooks. Made sleeve like curtains. Had stops for the dowel rods so they wouldn't slip from the hooks. I had an 8' bench I attached the (3 pc) skirt to and worked fine. I did it in 3 sections so I wouldn't have to fight it. Cost all of Maybe $5.00. Did it myself. Simple screw hooks. Of course if the sides of your table is metal then the Velcro would be the answer. I would go with the industrial self adhesive. Sticks to the skirt and the side of the table. Good luck.

yel
    Blog Entries
    i have done some skirts for displays at shows .....got sticky back velcro and put on tables then hemmed the bottom of skirt ....and did a pleat [just tuck and sew tuck and sew ] in the top it was easier that trying to gather and sew elastic.... then sewed fuzzy side of elastic on the skirt so WHEN it goes in washer it doesn't stick to everything

Blog Entries
    I did something similar. Didn't sew at the time. I bought a solid color plastic cloth & velcro sticky dots (both at the dollar store). Covered some storage crates, lasted till I moved (3yrs.)
    True4uca

That is so neat. I should do that too. I've got all kinds of stuff under my cutting table and it looks cluttered. Oh you ladies are so crafty!!!
    Last edited by ChrisDee; 06-19-2014 at 08:36 PM. Reason: This post was supposed to go under the picture of the woman who sent a picture of her table already covered. Ugh! :-(
    Next to God we are indebted to women, first for life itself, and then for making it worth having.

Christian Nestell Bovee,

Power Poster
    I think of all the ideas presented here - if it would work with your table - I like Jan in VA's idea best.

1) the spring loaded rods are comparatively easy to install - and you would not get gunk on your table from the velcro

2) there would be nothing to catch on the top side or top edge of the table i

3) You would only need one layer of fabric with a rod pocket and hem - and if you bought a non-ravel fabric, you could even skip the hem. (A hem would make the fabric hang better, though.)

4) You could make the "curtain" part as gathered or flat as the fabric called for - the sheerer/lighter the fabric, generally the more fullness is required.

5) You could use as many "panels" as you wanted for openings for easy access to your stuff under the table.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2