Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Holiday gift exchanges at work or in groups (family events excluded)

Hi, I have a long time friend who has a well paying job, we have an aged pension. She would buy gifts for us until I said enough was enough. Now I make some small thing for her (she does not knit or sew) and she gives a plant or a home baked cake to us. We both appreciate the time and thought without the expense.

I managed a delightful staff and we had great fun with them. Then in came a rotten apple. She was so disruptive and we knew she wouldn't cooperate and have fun (and no one wanted to get her name), that we changed it to bringing canned goods for those in need. It worked great. I can't remember if she participated, but we really didn't keep track. Our goal was to share the holiday with the community.

I hate them. I don't like the pressure of finding something for each person. Most of my friends have every quilting item that they need. I don't mind the dirty Santa's where you don't know who is going to receive it.

Hate just random grab bags.......like the kind where you write your name and what you want on a piece of paper, then these are tossed and all involved pull one... One year I listed a glass measuring cup...really needed it that year...and now 10 yrs later, each time I use that anchor glass 2cup measuring cup, I think of that person and smile......I think that is the only year I really enjoyed a "group gift thing".....

Hate them.
    Alyce

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2