Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Home office renovation

Blog Entries
    so we knocked down a wall on the second floor to convert the old tiny home office and our old bedroom into one large home office.

The carpenters are done and out of there as of yesterday; now I have to order new desks and carpeting. And clean up spackle dust and paint. and paint again (have to prime bare drywall, you know).

DH keeps talking about how the room would fit a long-arm machine. I think he's trying to make me crazy. It won't fit a LA machine once I get 2 huge desks in there! And I don't OWN a long-arm machine, either!!

But that room would make a great sewing room instead of an office. Too bad we're running 2 businesses out of the house and we NEED an office!!!

Blog Entries
    Gotta love DH's way of thinking though :D:D:D

maybe he is thinking about bday anniversary christmas sweetest day valentines day mothers day presents for the next 10 years lol!

Are you sure your husband's desk wouldn't fit better in the garage???a longarm would be a great addition....

Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
    Are you sure your husband's desk wouldn't fit better in the garage???a longarm would be a great addition....
    I like the way you think.

Maybe giving you a heads up !! Knows you would enjoy,
    Good Luck ! what a suprise that would be ?? :)

Yeah! Maybe he really wants you to have the room for quilting. Wouldn't that be great!

Hubby sounds like hewants to make you REALLY happy!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltilicious
    so we knocked down a wall on the second floor to convert the old tiny home office and our old bedroom into one large home office.

The carpenters are done and out of there as of yesterday; now I have to order new desks and carpeting. And clean up spackle dust and paint. and paint again (have to prime bare drywall, you know).

DH keeps talking about how the room would fit a long-arm machine. I think he's trying to make me crazy. It won't fit a LA machine once I get 2 huge desks in there! And I don't OWN a long-arm machine, either!!

But that room would make a great sewing room instead of an office. Too bad we're running 2 businesses out of the house and we NEED an office!!!
    Maybe he's thinking of a 3rd business???