Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
how do I overcome negativity? >

how do I overcome negativity?

how do I overcome negativity?

Old 03-10-2010, 08:37 PM

Bless you for taking in children who need loving parents! I can only imagine how hard it would be not only for you but also for her. 16 is such a hard age and it's really a make it or break it point, teenagers make decisions that sometimes affect who they are for the rest of their lives! Let her know you love her, she obviously loves you seeing as she comes back and wants to make it work. I was 16 only 4 years ago and I remember those times of hating/loving parents (and ya, I regret the hating part, but you don't realize that until later). This day and age is so hard for teenagers with all the bad choices they have the opportunity to make. It's all about helping them realize their potential, who they can be, and the difference they can make in the world! Remind her how important she is! I know that I was really lucky to have jobs that helped me feel important. The greatest choice I ever made was to volunteer at the hospital in the ER, yeah, I cleaned beds and took samples to the lab but it was a great experience!

Keep your head up! Tell your daughter you love her everyday (the days you feel like you don't want to are the days that you need to the most) and keep her in your prayers.

Good luck and keep being an Angel (really, taking in these kids is so wonderful of you and you are to be admired forever!)

-Hailee