Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How my DH and I Saved a Kitty and found a friend..... >

How my DH and I Saved a Kitty and found a friend.....

How my DH and I Saved a Kitty and found a friend.....

Old 06-12-2010, 03:19 PM

He's adorable. It's not a coincidence. You and the cat were meant to be together!
Old 06-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Power Poster

He is so cute. I can see why you want to keep him. He is so lucky to have found someone like you. Probably wouldn't have lasted much longer on his own.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:15 PM

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. As a former shelter kennel tech and manager, I know the heartache of these poor babies all too well.

We too have a wonderful cream and gold kitty named Mr. Tubbs. He likes to sleep in our garden tub in the master bath and every morniong he wants his drink of water from the faucet. He was found abandoned around the State Fair time, in the middle of the road, about 4 weeks old. Sometime between T-day and Christmas, his rescuer/owner called the shelter and said her cat had a broken hip or leg as it had gotten itself wrapped up in the lights on the Christmas tree and she had spent two hours carefull clipping wires to get him untangled. She could not take him to a vet as she had just learned she had thyroid cancer and was not expected to make it. I said we would take him. We did get the cat better, vet said it was a bad sprain and kitty was ok after several weeks. By that time the lady was in a hospice never to return home. I literally took the kittlly home to care for it and of course he has a forever home now. He is so neat. I just love him.

Mr. Tubbs
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84765[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-84760.jpe  
Old 06-12-2010, 06:17 PM

Poor baby!!! God bless you.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:39 PM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by wvdek
I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. As a former shelter kennel tech and manager, I know the heartache of these poor babies all too well.

We too have a wonderful cream and gold kitty named Mr. Tubbs. He likes to sleep in our garden tub in the master bath and every morniong he wants his drink of water from the faucet. He was found abandoned around the State Fair time, in the middle of the road, about 4 weeks old. Sometime between T-day and Christmas, his rescuer/owner called the shelter and said her cat had a broken hip or leg as it had gotten itself wrapped up in the lights on the Christmas tree and she had spent two hours carefull clipping wires to get him untangled. She could not take him to a vet as she had just learned she had thyroid cancer and was not expected to make it. I said we would take him. We did get the cat better, vet said it was a bad sprain and kitty was ok after several weeks. By that time the lady was in a hospice never to return home. I literally took the kittlly home to care for it and of course he has a forever home now. He is so neat. I just love him.
Ok now you are making me cry. What a story! He looks like a love. So sorry to hear about his former owner, that is so heartbreaking.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Google Goddess

so cute, enjoy your kitty!
Old 06-13-2010, 06:53 AM

I just lost my baby..Her name was Gracie..She had been losing weight and found out Thursday she had a mass in her stomach..Vet was sure it was cancer..I had to have her put to sleep Friday morning..I miss her so much..My heart is just breaking...Gracie was found when she was a baby.. and didn't think she would live through the night..she did and has brought us joy for 10 years...She will be missed so much...
Old 06-13-2010, 09:58 AM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by diannemc
I just lost my baby..Her name was Gracie..She had been losing weight and found out Thursday she had a mass in her stomach..Vet was sure it was cancer..I had to have her put to sleep Friday morning..I miss her so much..My heart is just breaking...Gracie was found when she was a baby.. and didn't think she would live through the night..she did and has brought us joy for 10 years...She will be missed so much...
Awwhh Dianne I am so sorry. I know how your heart is breaking. When We lost my siamese kitty at 16 years old I thought my heart would break. I still miss her and have her picture in a frame in my bedroom along with the rest of my family. I lost a good friend when I lost her.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Power Poster

oh that's so sweet. I'm sure he's appreciative of a good home. I took in a mamma cat and her two kittens. they were living on what ever she could catch for them. so sad. she's very happy. she and one of her kittens slept on top of me most of the day in my recliner.it's been drizzling rain all day here and a bit cold.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:16 PM

Wonderful story! You are awesome people to help the little fella!