Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Hubby at the Craft Store, comedy routine >

Hubby at the Craft Store, comedy routine

Hubby at the Craft Store, comedy routine

Old 07-11-2019, 12:52 PM
MCH

My husband avoids going into fabric / craft stores. I don't mind. However, we both treat a visit to the local hardware store almost as if it were a "date". I LOVE going to the hardware store...so many cool things...I really like going to the paint department to check out all the gadgets (I love to paint a room) and the eye candy of all the paint chips. "Oh, that combination would make a great quilt block!" The downside is that it's rarely possible for us to go get out of the hardware store having spent more than I would have spent at a fabric store! As I have said frequently, "Some women prefer to shop at Macy's or Nordstrom. Not me...I prefer the hardware store. I couldn't get dressed without Land's End or LL Bean, however." Perhaps I like the hardware store because I have great memories of when I was a little girl and going to the hardware store with my Dad or my Grandpa. And, more importantly, if a trip to the hardware store for my DH and me is tantamount to a "date", I'll take it!! (We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary last year!)
Old 07-11-2019, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
Peggi, I'm not sure how you got to the metabolism thing... I clicked on the link and it was totally the comic
I don't know either. The caption below the video led me to believe it was the comic's video. I couldn't fast forward past it, either.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:10 AM

My DH goes with me to fabric and craft stores. The only problem I have with him is in Hobby Lobby. He will go off, and find things to look at that interest him. Then come back to the fabric cutting table, and if the clerk is not there hit the little bell a couple of times. If the clerk isn't sight, he'll hit it again. and go to another aisle leaving me to deal with the mean clerk. They now know to hide the bell when they see him with me. LOL
Old 07-12-2019, 05:03 PM

I watched this and found it hilarious. Then I had my husband watch it. He thought it was quite entertaining as well!
Old 07-12-2019, 09:03 PM

Spot on hilarious! The bronze rooster. "I don't care." "Swing by another craft store"!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-13-2019 at 02:21 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 07-12-2019, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by grannie cheechee View Post
My DH goes with me to fabric and craft stores. The only problem I have with him is in Hobby Lobby. He will go off, and find things to look at that interest him. Then come back to the fabric cutting table, and if the clerk is not there hit the little bell a couple of times. If the clerk isn't sight, he'll hit it again. and go to another aisle leaving me to deal with the mean clerk. They now know to hide the bell when they see him with me. LOL
Miss Cheechee,

I read your post to my husband, now I have planted the seed in his brain......I see a trip to Hobby Lobby soon......LOL This technique is right up his alley.
Old 07-13-2019, 01:57 AM

Thank you! I love starting my day with laughter! My husband was laughing and nodding, too! I am also happy to be introduced to Dry Bar Comedy. Enjoy your day.
Old 07-13-2019, 06:32 AM

Chasing Hawk, can you imagine the two of us in Hobby Lobby with our DHs pulling their pranks? They would be banned from every craft store. LOL By the way, DH likes what your DH does at the stores. They would be a good comedy team.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by grannie cheechee View Post
Chasing Hawk, can you imagine the two of us in Hobby Lobby with our DHs pulling their pranks? They would be banned from every craft store. LOL By the way, DH likes what your DH does at the stores. They would be a good comedy team.
So true, Miss Cheechee

Surely it would keep us laughing as well never having a dull moment with them in the store.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
My husband takes me to lunch in a community where a fabric or antique shop is located...tells me to get whatever I want and he'll meet me outside. No problem!!
My DH used to send me by myself. He told me he knew I would use "it" sooner or later....

During a one-day sale at Fabricland, I wanted my hubby to come in and hold my place in cahier lineup so I could look around for something other than paying for fabric I ordered (for 4-H). The man in front of me kept sending his wife back for more because "it's on sale!.....