Hurricane Sandy

Old 10-26-2012, 12:05 PM

Default Hurricane Sandy

Good luck and be safe to all of the northeaster US friends on this forum. Have been through many a hurricane here in Louisiana and they are to be taken seriously. Prepare and be ready for it. Hope everyone has little damage and no injuries or deaths. Go to higher ground and hunker down.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:14 PM

I am worried, as when it rains hard for more than two days, I have water in the basement.....and it takes several days to get it taken care of. I have to move all the furniture, pull up the rugs and make sure the fabric is all safe!
Old 10-26-2012, 12:29 PM

Deb better get busy preparing better to be safe than sorry! Prayers to all of you out there. We are expecting snow and wind.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:40 PM

I am so looking forward to the storm.. I know it sounds crazy.. Even though I am on an island out of NYC near the ocean, I find a storm very invigorating... I have a couple of things to pick up.. I have enough stuff to do in the house, and read.. .. I just hope we don't lose the power.. but then I have two laptops, and one Kindle fire, and they are all charged up. I will lose internet, but I can catch up on other things.. I guess I am good to go!!!
For those that are in any danger, I will keep you in my prayers that things work out..
Old 10-26-2012, 03:08 PM

Perhaps at a better time you can look into a putting a pump in the basement. My folks had to do that.

Keep your head in, don't be a "looky-lou!" Prayers of safety to you all.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:15 PM

We are on the West Coast of Fl. and the wind today has been 30-40 miles per hr it sounded awful but I know the East Coast is doing much worse they have rain but the info on the storm going N looks awful. I hope your all safe been thru many hurricanes and hopefully with a little luck it won't be as bad as they say it's just you have to be prepared for anything to happen and then get out of harms way. These storms are so unpredictable you have to be careful and just listen to the weather reports. Good luck everyone I'll say some prayers for you all. Take care and just do what they tell you even if it comes to past for nothing. Sue
Old 10-26-2012, 05:00 PM

I purchased additional batteries and canned items today. Hope we don't lose power as the basement could flood. Ole Mother Nature is having fun this fall season. Prayers that this storm fizzles out fast.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:14 PM

Prayers are coming your way!
Old 10-27-2012, 07:35 AM

Be safe everyone, hope you all make it thru with no damage. Prayers are with you all.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:50 AM

My niece and her hubby are on a cruise ship and can't get back into the Cape Canaveral Port because of this storm. I know that Janelle(niece) must be chewing her nails!! Thoughts and prayers to all who are in the path of Sandy.