Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I love Cooper, I love Cooper, I love Cooper. . . >

I love Cooper, I love Cooper, I love Cooper. . .

I love Cooper, I love Cooper, I love Cooper. . .

Old 01-23-2012, 10:27 AM

our Jack, a recently rescued chocolate lab, does that when left in the car. We were so spoiled with our Maddy, a yellow lab, and her "sister," Lexie who died in July, Jack came to us in September. No matter how long they would be in the car, they never did anything wrong. Jack ate a porterhouse steak (yes, with Maddy, we could leave food on the floor and she would not take it), then he chewed the collar off my jacket, then through a Lands End canvas bag, and finally, he took one bite of our digital camera. We learned--now, if we leave him in the car, he gets a muzzle. We feel badly but it's protection for all. I was thrilled with my DH who did not beat the boy or even scream at him for any of the above. In the house, he's learned not to chew though when we're at work, he is crated. Never is he crated if we're home nor is he crated at night; he sleeps with us--me, DH, and Maddy (we need a larger bed). Soon, hopefully, we won't need to crate him at all. And, btw, they are never in the car for longer than 1/2 an hour. Maddy would rather be waiting in the car than left at home.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:55 AM
Power Poster

My avatar dog, Cookie is very untrustworthy. When we have to leave the room for more than a few seconds, we put her in her cage. She has taking up going down into the living room with us just a few feet away. Tries her self everytime we think she is finally getting it. She is not allowed in the living room, I am never down there except to clean. Husband watches TV down there and leaves things laying around.

Last edited by Jingle; 01-23-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:29 PM

Well, that's the end of that pillow. I am sure he has done much more damage than that (most dogs do).
Old 01-23-2012, 02:10 PM

Good thing he's cute.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:12 PM

Cooper has really been a good boy! He has only chewed on a couple of things since we brought him home in September. He did chew up my brand new car charger for my camera last week but I DID leave it where he could get it. We never yell at him or strike him as we are sure he was not treated well before becoming a stray. He knows when he is bad just by the tone of our voice. We crate him only when we aren't home because he has such separation anxiety. I just laughed when I saw the mess this morning as the other dog and cat were just watching him go at it! It was an ugly pillow anyway!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 02:24 PM

lol, mine did it too!!! Thanks for the reminder. Mine did it to every stuffed toy we gave them, then we quit and it stopped but they never destroyed any pillows or anything other than toys. I feel bad that they don't get toys but they also tend to eat up the stuffing so we can't take the chance. The only toy they can't destroy is a Kong and they love those.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Obviously, the pillow waited until you were out of the room to pick a fight with poor Cooper. ;-)
Old 01-23-2012, 02:50 PM

Just keep loving him. He probably was lonely. Lol I babysit my great grandson at his house and they have 8 year old yellow lab. I left my bag on a kitchen chair with some home made cookies in a zippered plastic bag. When I came back my cookies and candies where all gone and the zippered plastic bag chewed open. So I know what you are going through.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:14 PM

Fiberfil is fascinating to some breeds. My little herder and her Siberian counterpart have learned to leave my stuffies alone, but theirs are fair game. My problem is the Sib eats what the BC unstuffs and fiberfill is not good for her digestive system. Cooper, Cooper, being a pretty furboy saved your neck this time. I love Cooper, too.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
Obviously, the pillow waited until you were out of the room to pick a fight with poor Cooper. ;-)
hahahahahhahaha!!