Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I love to listen to books while I sew

I too thank you for sharing this!
    "If you have built castles in the air, your work will not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them." --Henry David Thoreau

Thanks for the site, went there yesterday afternoon and spent the entire time downloading for my Ipod. Only problem is too many titles to choose from and since I downloaded for Itunes, had to click in the program to download the remaining chapters. This in turn seized up my PC a couple times but maybe I shouldn't get so greedy.............

Again, thanks for the website as I'll be there again this afternoon looking for more titles. Great classics!!!!

Suz in Iowa

I love to listen to my audio books. I prefer mysteries but 'Call of the Wild' was fantastic. Even my DH is hooked now.

Love to listen to books on CD. I have been doing it for quite a few years . I have always gotten my books from the libary or else I would be in the poor house. Once in a while like now,moved and no card yet, I will buy them from thrift stores. I go through at least 5-7 books a week. Especially now when all my sewing stuff is in storage. I will try out the link for sure if I can download to my computer and then burn onto a cd since my computer is now at the other side of the house from my bedroom where I will be sewing.

Quote Originally Posted by puck116 View Post
    Monika = "Thanks! I download books from the library for my Kindle and let it "read" to me.......LOL..."
    I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas from my daughter. I didn't know it could read to me. I thought only I could read on it.
    Does the Fire do this also? I would love to be able to listen while I quilt.
    Puck116: Yes, I have a Kindle Fire, too. You need to download the free app, Overdrive. And going digital means no more damaged CDs and such. I love it.

This thread has been so helpful. Thanks to the op for starting it and to the others for building on that info. I usually have soft music playing in the background, but I think I'll try listening to a book.
    jean

I am and audible.com junkie. Any money that doesn't get spent on quilting is used on audible books. I listen right from my iphone where ever I go, what ever I do. It gets spendy, but it is worth it to me.
    Cheryl

I start to listen as I sew but then find I forget to pay attention as I get too involved in sewing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2