Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I need a pattern for a seat cover

Senior Member Sarah in Brooklyn's Avatar

I need a pattern for a seat cover

Hi, haven't been here in ages, but I could use your collective wisdom. I want to make a seat cushion, square, 2" deep. I've got the foam and fabric, but I need a good, basic pattern, preferably without a zipper. If you have any pointers, I'd be grateful, thank you!

Simplicity and McCall's always used to have pillow patterns for sale--or at least instructions for making it to your preferred size.

You-tube has several good videos for making cushion covers. I looked this up recently to make lawn chair cushions, same as yours, about 2 inches thick and I think about 17 inch square. They show methods that are extremely simple to methods that are more involved and everything in between. There are even some called "no sew" cushion covers.

I've made them both with and without zippers and I do have to say that the zipper ones were very easy to make and much easier to put the foam cushion in. I did find all the instructions on Pinterest.

I saw Nancy Zieman (Nancy's Notion) on her show make cushions with no zipper just an overlay of fabric on the bottom.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Hi, There is a great YouTube video by The Crafty Gemini at www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhZnHhbcN-Q
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Cherish It!