Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I should be happy but......

My only baby is 21 today. I should be happy but I feel like i am losing her forever. It is like a stranger is due to take her place but I want my baby back. No I don't mean ribs!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh you are both just beautiful! It's hard to lose your baby but I know from experience that you will gain a very close friend and that's a wonderful stage of life too.

I know exactly how you feel!
    I love that pic of the 2 of you!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That is a great photo, K. Believe it or not, you will be closer as adults, because you will have the same perspective. Mom and I have a ball traveling together. Speaking of which, be afraid, be very afraid, because we go north every year!!!!

My only daughter is 21. I felt like I was loosing her too, but I got a friend instead. We can talk for hours and not run out of topics. She has matured so much lately, but inside she is still my little girl, and I can see both phases of her. I enjoy her much more now.

Maria

Oh to be 21 again and have my Mom! She was a wise woman, and I miss her. Your daughter and you will grow closer and you will grow wiser! :lol:

Such a nice picture of the two of you. Been there and done that with kids. Now you get to sit back and marvel at the young adult that you helped form. Enjoy!

Oh my, both of you are just beautiful!!

My "baby" turned 38 this year! But somewhere along the way, she also became my best friend...and gave me grandchildren!

kwhite, Since I thought I saw a pic of the little girls on your thread one time so that I thought your kids should be little and I got ....... in TDL!! LOL, Hope you would like it though...LOL Could be a BIIG surprise anyways.

Panda

Now, it gets interesting!
    Remember when she was little and she would bring little "finds" to ooh and ahh over?
    She will still do that - - the little "finds" just won't be so little, and they may be a big surprise as she shows you the stuff she is made of.
    It really is just a matter of perspective ... she is leaving OR she is off to find something to show you ... and, will be back .... OFTEN!

Blog Entries
    They never stay too far away from you ! They always need you just in a differant way. My son who I see rarely calls me to talk or when he needs something! He called me a couple of days ago for the ingredients for a recipe he wanted to make. Or they call to have me look up a phone number while they are on the road!!
    I hear all the time one of my dears say " Hey Mom could you ...."and of course the answer is usually yes!
    And they eventually come home with grandkids and a spouse( hope the latter comes first not the other way around!!)
    Take heart! She still loves you and needs you just in a differant way!

Blog Entries
    You two are so pretty! My two girl babies are in their 30's and yes they are still very much my girls. I love them beyond measure but I raised them with the intention of them being out of the house and self sufficient by college end. Now I want to be hearing Grandma! Grandma! Grandma! not Momma! Momma! Momma! :D

Blog Entries
    I've been there. Here are some Hugs. And it dose get better.

Blog Entries
    you,r baby is beauitful ,you,ll never lose your baby trust me i know they came back home beleive me ,and sometimes with surpises lol you,r so young you both look like sister,s

k3n
    Blog Entries
    What a beautiful picture of the two of you, K!

Blog Entries
    Beautiful picture!!! Our children are always happier about their birthdays than we are :wink: You may not have a little girl anymore, but you have a wonderful young woman :D 8) :D

Thanks everyone. This is one of those sad but happy days for me. I am very happy to have you all to help me through. DH would just say "Don't be silly, Get over it"

Nellie LOVE YOU for the sister comment. Gramma Amma he's waiting!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kwhite
    Thanks everyone. This is one of those sad but happy days for me. I am very happy to have you all to help me through. DH would just say "Don't be silly, Get over it"

Nellie LOVE YOU for the sister comment. Gramma Amma he's waiting!!!!!
    Wonder how DH is feeling about losing his little girl?
    Sometimes, our daddy heroes get gruff because it is all they know to do.
    I know ... God gave them a mouth and two ears, so they can hear us and talk about what is between their ears ... but guys ... they are just different.
    That is what makes them so fun! We keep trying to change them, and they keep trying to understand us... battle of the sexes ... Phht!
    It is about learning to appreciate the differences. It can be a pretty lonely world if one decides to make a fight out of the whole process.

She has waited for years to have her first legal drink with Daddy. We are going to dinner tonight. I will get it out of him then what he really feels.

She has waited for years to have her first legal drink with Daddy. We are going to dinner tonight. I will get it out of him then what he really feels.
    Good for you. Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by youme
    kwhite, Since I thought I saw a pic of the little girls on your thread one time so that I thought your kids should be little and I got ....... in TDL!! LOL, Hope you would like it though...LOL Could be a BIIG surprise anyways.

Panda
    Panda I am still a little girl at heart. I am sure I will love it. Anyway we are having her party this Saturday and I have to get her a pink Princess cake and a Princess cup to drink her rum and coke from. We are two weird peas in a pod.

Oh, your daughter is just beautiful! She looks just like you!
    And it is a really good sign that she is celebrating with you tonight, not just with her friends. I have a feeling you two will be very good friends! (If you aren't already.)

Quote Originally Posted by youme

Panda
    Panda I am still a little girl at heart. I am sure I will love it. Anyway we are having her party this Saturday and I have to get her a pink Princess cake and a Princess cup to drink her rum and coke from. We are two weird peas in a pod.
    Kw, don't sound weird to me...when my baby got married...she would get depressed at Christmas, bc I always went to great lengths, with decorating, food, special surprises...you name it...love all the magic...and she wished she was still a little girl, and would run out to the tree, and it would be stacked deep and wide with prezzies! They miss a lot of the changes too, so a princess cup, doesn't sound funny to me at all :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa T
    Oh, your daughter is just beautiful! She looks just like you!
    And it is a really good sign that she is celebrating with you tonight, not just with her friends. I have a feeling you two will be very good friends! (If you aren't already.)
    Lisa we are the best of friends and always have been. That is why the changes of late are so difficult for me. And this 21st B-day seems to be the solidification of all that has been happening. Sometimes I wish I had the crystal ball to look 5 years into the future but then I don't think I would have the nerve to look if I did have it.

My biggest concern when the kids started leaving home was that they would forget how to find their way back.
    I didn't mind telling them to remember whose kid they were, either!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast