Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: If You Have Satellite Radio In Your Vehicle, Do You Like It?

I was wondering what on earth to give my (now husband) for a Christmas gift in 2007 and my BFF in TX recommended XM radio, so I bought that for him for his pickup truck. It turned out, that was THE best gift ever for him. I got the type that can be taken in/out of the vehicle, not that we ever really did that. Then a couple of years ago when I bought my Buick, it had XM built in, so I ordered it for my vehicle. It was up for renewal next month and I told my husband maybe I'd not renew, and he said to keep it, so I did. I mostly listen to the 50-60's music.

Blog Entries
    I love my Sirius radio and have subscribed for 3 years now, don't think I would have a car without it.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

We have had ours for several years. Now have it in both vehicles. It's the best for country music and classic rock.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Love XM/Sirrus in both of our vehicles ! Sometimes if the satellite is out of range or you are out of range of the satellite it will fade. For example: underpasses,parking garages etc as the signal cannot get through.

My hubs will listen to Elvis, or if something political is going on- one of those channels. I usually listen to country or NPR music radio ..
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

We have Sirius radio in both trucks. We love it! My husband's radio can be taken out of his truck and placed in a receiver and played anywhere.

We pay about $30.00 a month for both subscriptions.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

I have Pandora and I love it. The cost works out to less than $3.00 a month and I can have it at home off of my computer or on head phones anywhere in the house off of my tablet. I like lots of kinds of music and can program stations so to have the type of music I want each day. Sometimes Opera, and sometimes Celtic or maybe just some really good jazz. I know you can get it for your car if you are getting other satellite stations.
    two simple rules for success
    1. Show up.
    2. Pay attention.
    One simple rule for happiness
    1. Kindness counts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishgalfromNJ View Post
    I just bought a 2015 Kia Soul with satellite radio. I've never had it before and I'm enjoying using it now. I thought I would poll the group to help me decide whether I want to buy a subscription when my trial expires in 3 months. I've only noticed one drawback, the radio fades out in certain areas of town. Thanks for your input.
    When it comes time to renew, cancel it and they will negotiate a better price for you. Also, there are different plans
    available for different prices.

I have had Serius and enjoyed it everyday as I was traveling to work. Now that I have retired I cancelled my service.
    It is good to have if you are on the go everyday.

I like it too, but just couldn't make myself spend the extra money..
    Kitty

Bought a KIA Sorrento --2011 Had Sirius XM for 3 months b ought in Ontario Canada . Didn't renew then in Oct local radio started playing Christmas music while I was in Florida for winter. I walked into the house and said that we are ordering Sirius XM again. What a problem because car was in Fl but had to buy through Canada --Naturally, it cost more in Canada but we got it anyway. I really enjoy it even for short times if you can afford it. Don't like that they automatically renew the contract and we didn't know that until we found our bank account with the money taken out.
    NEVER thought the day would come that I would be glad to pay for RADIO service.
    Last edited by Mornigstar; 08-21-2014 at 12:59 PM.

I use my CD player and listen to audio books. That's it!! Oh, and the CDs are free from the library. I actually started doing this when all these satellite radios were not available and I got tired of fading radio stations as I drove along.
    Pat

Have Serius.....LOVE it! Especially when we go on vacation...no more searching for new stations as we get into unknown areas!

I love my Bluegrass station. My son purchased a receiver for my mini van a few years ago, but the monthly cost for so out of hand, I let it expire. My "new" (new to me) car came with lifetime subscription to Sirius radio. Only basic package, but since I don't pay for it, the stations I have are just what I need.
    Last edited by Bneighbor; 08-21-2014 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Auto fill lost it's mind, again.

Blog Entries
    I have had it in my car for 3 years now, I can't imagine being without it. I only do town driving for the most part, so local radio would be fine, but I have become addicted to the 60's on 6. Reliving my childhood I guess!

We have had Sirius in out last three cars and love it, especially when travelling.
    There are a lot of areas when you travel that you just can't get anything on the
    radio. We always renew it too.
    so many quilts to make, so little time.

I loved it for book radio. Heard some great books. They did away with it. Now I listen to radio classics. However, won't renew in the future. I would rather spend the money on quilting supplies.

Junior Member Retiredandquilting's Avatar
    I have a 2012 Kia Soul that also came with satellite radio. I love it. I have had no trouble with it. Reception is fine whether I am driving in the city or on rural roads.
    Sue In Bloomfield, NY

Just this week, we renewed for a year at a little over $11/mon. for music only. No talk radio. I think we get about 80 stations. Love it.
    "Accomplishment is a consequence of effort" -- Michael Crichton

Love our Sirius radio...got a lifetime subscription in our Expedition when we bought it...we travel a lot and listen to it all the time
    LilaKay...greatgramma to Brielle Mae

We just bought a new Ford Fusion. We have Sirius radio in it because it is free for a few months. My Escape that we bought last year had Sirius free for 6 months. We didn't renew because Sirius discontinued MLB. We like to listen to the Royals baseball games. We have a USB port in the console. We load our favorite music onto a flash drive and play mp3's. We get to choose what we want to hear and there are no commercials.
    Last edited by nstitches4u; 08-22-2014 at 10:56 AM.

I have it and I listen to 50's music whenever I am in my vehicle. I bought a lifetime subscription,
    If you wouldn't write it and sign it, don't say it.

Sirius on the Dish TV.....love it!
    Deb Watkins - I woke up today on the right side of dirt. It is a good day.

I love my Sirius -it does stop in the garage because it's not getting a signal. Driving in my area there is no fading. I guess the only thing I kinda miss is the weather, if some storm is heading in I would like to know about it.
    I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?
    Kathy

Blog Entries
    I have it but don't use it. I renewed once after the trial period but for me its not worth it. When I'm in my local area I listen to local channels to know what's happening. My car has a hard drive so I've put all of my CDs on it so when I'm in an area with poor reception I put it on. The traffic update to me isn't worth it because it only shows what's been reported so most of the time when I was stuck in traffic it didn't show what was going on. I could pull up the 5 day forcast but I can do that on my cell phone. Without it I can still do the POI and use the GPS so for me it was a waste of money.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nstitches4u View Post
    We just bought a new Ford Fusion. We have Sirius radio in it because it is free for a few months. My Escape that we bought last year had Sirius free for 6 months. We didn't renew because Sirius discontinued MLB. We like to listen to the Royals baseball games. We have a USB port in the console. We load our favorite music onto a flash drive and play mp3's. We get to choose what we want to hear and there are no commercials.
    Check your Fusion, I have the 2010 and it has a hard drive where I loaded all of my CD's in it and can access it anytime and my CD's stay at home. I love that about it. If I'm waiting in the car for something and my car is in park I can also watch TV, my grandkids love that.
    Judy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast