Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: If you like Project Runway you will just love this You Tube show.

Lightbulb If you like Project Runway you will just love this You Tube show.

I admit it I am a Project Runway junkie...but since I found this British sewing show I may have a new favorite. This is the Link...The Great British Sewing Bee s01e01. All in all it takes ordinary stitchers and puts them in a Project Runway format. The models are just regular sized people, and the focus is on technique and innovation. They use paper patterns, there is lots of information on how to modify a commercial pattern to fit a specific body shape and so on. While I love Project runway not many of us want to look sexy and fashion forward in a balloon caplet with leather pencil trousers in a size two. However many of us would like to know how to modify a princess line dress in a size 12 or 14. Also they feature a make it at home project how too in the show. Yeah! This is a regular show in Britain but sadly not here, so You tube makes it viewable. Hooray for the INTERNET.
    Also NOBODY wears six inch stiletto heels on the show...stupidest shoes ever made...if men had to walk in stiletto heels we would all be wearing ballerina flats.
    Last edited by kellen46; 04-21-2013 at 10:28 AM.
    two simple rules for success
    1. Show up.
    2. Pay attention.
    One simple rule for happiness
    1. Kindness counts.

I love Project Runway too! I am visiting my daughter for a couple of months and I hope that I can find the show this Thursday. It will be the final runway show with the 3 that are left. Please, let me know who wins, just in case. I will be tracking this link. I bookmarked the shows you were talking about. Will watch them there. Thanks

thanks for the link I'm on my 2nd epasode. Lovethe music. Love Doris Day

I've watched two episodes ... loved the show! Anyone know if there is a link to the third episode?
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

It aired here on Tuesday and the final is this Tuesday - can't say who I'm rooting for as that might give the semi-final away!
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Quote Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
    It aired here on Tuesday and the final is this Tuesday - can't say who I'm rooting for as that might give the semi-final away!
    Oh!! I didn't realize it was that current, I thought these had aired a while ago. I'll keep looking for more episodes.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Blog Entries
    Thank you for posting the link! I have it saved and can't wait to watch it later. I loved Project Runway but haven't watched it lately.
    Sherri

I just found and watched episode 3. Can't wait for the finals. I think either Ann or Lauren will win.

Sue

I like project runway too and watched the three episodes of this BBC show on you tube this weekend. I love it and am looking forward to the finals.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    I love Project Runway too! I am visiting my daughter for a couple of months and I hope that I can find the show this Thursday. It will be the final runway show with the 3 that are left. Please, let me know who wins, just in case. I will be tracking this link. I bookmarked the shows you were talking about. Will watch them there. Thanks
    I'm sure if you let others on here know where you will be they can tell you what channel it's on. Here it is on at 9 on Channel 9. I have to watch last weeks at eight though since I was out celebrating my birthday this past week. I even have my 7 yr DGS hooked on it. Love the show
    Judy

If you like Project Runway you will just love this You Tube show

Like you, I DO watch Project Runway weekly, shaking my head most of the time. My problem is that I really like the outfits that they eliminate and would really like to see more of that style from the designers. - This British program is GREAT! The tips they give are WONDERFUL and the contestants seem like they really get along! No crying I see and the one man seems like he is really a man! Maybe the US will bring that idea across the pond and maybe take place in the Midwest!!! Thanks for letting us know!

Blog Entries
    Oh my I too love Project Runway. Where is the link I can't seem to find one on this posting. I would love to be able to see this show.
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Here's the link to episode 3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS9u6KZmWeQ
    Sharon

Blog Entries
    I'm so glad you like the sewing bee , unusual for a sewing show to be made in the UK . and isn't the Saville Row Tailor absolutley immaculate ? I have Been to Saville Row , and the standards there are unbelievable , several of the best tailors in the world are there .

BCM
    Thank you so much for this link. I watched part of episode one. The people seem so unpretentious and normal! I don't know how you found this, but thank you!

Tried to view project runway on you tube, you said the show was made in the U.K. and guess what, the message I got was--- not available in this country !!!!! We get so few sewing show on the T.v here in the U.k.Theere is one at the moment on dressmaking but never seems to be anything on patchwork, sigh.

Thank you for sharing this link. I can hardly make myself get ready for work, I just want to keep watching this show!

Blog Entries
    I watched all three episodes the other day and LOVED them!! So much better than Project Runway in my opinion. I can't wait to see the finals.
    Sherri

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the link am going to try and watch them today
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Thanks for sharing, I love this show!!!

Thanks for posting the link, I couldn't get to Episode 1 with it, but think this is episode one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8te1WAO20I

I'm going to wait and watch it with Hubby tonight. He says he is "ruint" because he watches Project Runway with me. We started watching that hoping to learn more about sewing, (when I started sewing) and ended up becoming fans.

I love that you say this British series shows more of the sewing, and "normal" fashions!
    :-)
    CAS

I watched one full (1 hr) segment so far - that was fun - gotta take a break before I go back for more - that was really interesting and I like that it looks very real and not rehearsed! Very good and very informative really. Thank you for mentioning it. :-)

Marysewfun
    Marysewfun
    Have a great day!

I really enjoyed this. It is at a slower pace so you can see what was good and what wasn't. Don't know how I am going to get anything done, with watching this and Project Runway. Well I guess Project Runway is about over for this year.