I'm Back but sad

Old 02-28-2013, 09:21 AM

Default I'm Back but sad

Ok so I'm home from the best holiday ever....I'm finally settling into a bit of a routine...OK who am I kidding...who could get used to living in the middle of nowhere and it's -22 & snowing, when you just spent a month on the most beautiful Island ever like Kauai...I met the most wonderful people there...Yeppers 2 of which are right here on Quiltboard...that would be Housedragon and Hulalulu...Wow I just love them to pieces. We got to meet their spouses also. It was the most fun we have had on the Island. We met up for Taco Tuesday I believe 3 times & our last supper before we left and shared soooo many laughs, good eats and great drinks. Housedragon invited us to yacht races and suppers after. Her spouse races his yacht, so it was fun fun fun.... Hulalulu also gave me hugging coasters for wine glasses...Can't wait to try them out. I'm just looking for the quickest route back lol. Ok I know I need to get back to reality for sure, but really can't wait to go back. If you find yourself ever in Kauai let these wonderful ladies know your coming....Oh yes forgot to mention OF COURSE!!!! I bought material. I sent 2 good size boxes home ahead of me. Funny how I beat them home. I mailed them out on Feb.11 and their still not here...oh well no biggy it will be like shopping all over again when I open them...hehehe....Cheers to all...

Qulty Hugs.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:26 AM

what a reality check ... from bliss to the coldest temps of winter! Glad you're home but sorry for the worst possible groundhog prank ever ..... maybe good stitching time?
Old 02-28-2013, 09:27 AM
Power Poster

Oh man, difficult to come back from Kauai to winter in Canada! It sounds like you had a blast!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:13 AM

Reality bites.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:20 AM

You said it Lisa_Wanna_b_quilter lol Reality bites.....and yes had a blast....
Old 02-28-2013, 11:49 AM

Oh I do feel for you!
What a shock to come back here to cold, cold Canada!
So glad you had a great time...start dreaming about the next trip...it will help keep you warm...as will the wonderful memories.

Each night I watch Wheel of Fortune and when they show those beautiful sandy, beaches, I think......what I wouldn't give to be there soaking up the sun.

Have fun opening that fabric.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:57 AM

The best thing of all your new friends are on the quilting board with you. How awesome is that? I think pretty awesome.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:20 PM

Oh yes it is completely awesome to have met Quiltyboard members. Oh news update, I received my fabric today yeppy yeppy.....
Old 03-01-2013, 04:33 AM

Kauai is such a beautiful island. Been there many times, over 20 years ago. Remember a wonderful fabric store there, kind of wish I was there today. We have a chance of SNOW tomorrow! I'M IN FLORIDA
Old 03-01-2013, 09:16 AM

As you can tell from my name I love Kauai. My DH and I first visited about 12 years ago, now it feels like we are returning home. The island is so beautiful and everyone we've met has been wonderful. Wish I were there