Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I'm so happy!!!!

I'm so happy!!!!

For the first time EVER, all the kids are home at the same time. 5 kids, 1 daddy, but three different mommas. The oldest two boys have the same mom, the next two have another mom and I have the 13 yr old daughter, but I love all of them just as if they were my own. This week Jamie,(son#1)wife Mary, and two of their grandkids are here from Texas. Second son, Chris, his wife Amanda, and son Jakob live just 1/2 an hr from us but they've been here too, oldest daughter, Tara, her two children and the youngest son, Kurt came home from Michigan. We've had a great time! The age range was from 2-38 ---- what a blast! Michigan kids went home last night, Texas will be leaving sometime Sunday afternoon. We've gone out to dinner several times, had family portraits taken yesterday. DH and I are getting worn out but it's a good wear.
    If no one ever experimented we'd all still be making 4 patches.

Blog Entries
    I am so glad that you had family here and were able to celebrate and have a good time. Hope all get home safely.

What a fun and happy time! You have to have that warm fuzzy feeling, hope it stays with you for a very long time!

So nice for all to get together and get along. My two live locally and we all work together, so I get to see them everyday. Grands are 25,24,24,23,19,18,16,10. Two GreatGranddaughters 4 and 1.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

So happy for you to be able to have all the family time.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Blog Entries
    I always loved it when a bunch was at my house. At least I have our youngest son here even though I complain about him at times.
    A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway.

Messages like yours are one reason I enjoy this quilting board so much. Hope everyone has a safe trip home

Kurt's car blew a head gasket on the way home, just a little inside the Michigan border but everyone is okay except for the car---it was DOTH (dead on the highway) but they towed it yesterday. It's an older car so unfortunately it's going to cost more to fix it than it's worth.

I was finally able to post a picture of all of us. The two little dark haired girls in the front are two of our great grandchildren, the other three kids are grandchildren.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by raptureready; 07-28-2012 at 07:28 AM.

You are so blessed!!!

Very nice family photo!! Sorry about the car.

Your picture is fantastic! What a great looking family, you all look so very happy. Thanks for sharing.

Isnt it wonderful to have them all home at the same time. Hugs an love . joyce j

Gee! that sounds like my house hold when and if they all come at one time. It's been since 2001 that all were home
    together. Miss big get together's.
    Happy for you.
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

Don't blame you for being so happy, what a good looking group of happy people.

What a great picture. You will cherish this forever! I also love it when all of my kids are home...and that does NOT happen very often. It is crazy and crowded and no one can ever finish a sentence...but I LOVE IT! We have one is Alaska, one in Vegas and two still at home... Miss our older kids terribly. But we are leaving for Alaksa soon and the Vegas son is joining us...can't wait!!!!!
    You family looks wonderful!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    You are so blessed to have such a large group........I am full of envy...........for us, hubby and I are BOTH only children, have 2 grown kids, 2 grandbabies..........that is the total for us.........and we NEVER are able to get all of us together in the same place..........I know its a personal decision, but I have always HATED being an only child.......

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Bummer bout the car .. but glad all is good so far .. Beautiful family !!! Thanks for sharing
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

What a great photo and you sure are smiling. Enjoy your time with everyone.

beautiful picture of your family. My moms wish was to have her five kids together before she died. I met once her in 1997 (at 42 years old) so she got her wish come true and died shortly after. So I understand how precious those moments are.

You have a very nice looking family. Good for all to be able to get together. I was one of five and the only one left. We were not all that close. I have seven nieces and nephews and great ones I have never seen. Our family is made up of our three kids, one is not around, seven Grans and two Great Grands. We do get together once or more a year. Oldest Grandson is in the Army.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

DH and I are both from families of 6 kids. DH has lost one brother that never married. If all of us tried to get into one picture it would have to be taken in a MUCH bigger room. Dh is the only one of his family that has a lot of kids (6 with 1 deceased) but there's been 3 different mothers involved. The oldest two boys have the same mother, the tallest boy sitting by his dad's knee and red headed girl have the same mother and the blond girl with the headband belongs to us. The two blond girls and the little boy are grandchildren and younger than the two dark headed girls that are great granddaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by 4dogs View Post
    You are so blessed to have such a large group........I am full of envy...........for us, hubby and I are BOTH only children, have 2 grown kids, 2 grandbabies..........that is the total for us.........and we NEVER are able to get all of us together in the same place..........I know its a personal decision, but I have always HATED being an only child.......

Beautiful picture.
    Be a girl with a mind, a women with attitude and a lady with class.

Blog Entries
    Aw, that is Awesome. Sounds like a great time!
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee