I'm soooo glad....

Old 05-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Power Poster

Oh yuck!!!! So sorry that you had to go through all that..your right..thank goodness your house is concrete! Glad no damage to your belongings...you'll recover with enough wine...we've got the BIG bottles open here..trying to recover from an all day garden work marathon.. I can tell you for absolute certainty...my body ain't what it used to be!! And now...pass the wine please...! :lol:
Old 05-19-2009, 04:04 PM

y :( Poor Terri!!! What a mess!

I remember cleaning up the basement, everytime it rained...until we got flood control...
I was trying to slide a chair out of the line of flooding(basement was on a pitch)(to higher ground). I slide on the wet floor and the chair went flying one way and I went the other. Broke my wrist...The basement flooded 3 times that night.
After I broke my wrist, I was sitting on top of the washer and crying...my husband worked nights, my grandfather and the kids slept thru all of it... :( :(
Old 05-19-2009, 04:14 PM

Thanks all!
My body still aches, didn't sleep well, but I'll be fine. Just moving a bit slow at the moment.
Have to run Courtney to work, then off to Home Depot to get the part I need, then will go down the the park with some tea and my book and relax until she's done with work.
Then we will come home and I'll teach her how to fix a toilet. I'm sure glad I stuck by my dad's side when he did things around the house.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:21 PM

That military wife thing kicks in when you need it most. Hook up washers, dryers, do the plumbing, wiring, and lots and lots of other things that are supposed to be taken care of by the men of our lives....thank God we're not helpless shrinking violets. lol lol

Aren't you renting this house? Why wouldn't they fix it for you??

Terri, Aleve, aleve is much better for you! It works for my arther and degenerative disks, I have two bulging and they are flaming, but the aleve really helps for a little while. I'll keep the wine chilled till you get here. :lol: :lol: Someone gave it to me to help me relax but drinking alone is never fun! :cry:

Hugs,
sharon
Old 05-19-2009, 04:30 PM

Awww Terrie - what a day from hell! :cry: I'm soooo glad nothing got ruined!!
I like the idea someone mentioned of considering your house spotlessly clean now! You can now sew to your hearts desire with no guilt! :wink:
I also agree Aleve works great!!
Old 05-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
Originally Posted by Izy
Oh Terri, I feel so sorry for you!!

Thank God your fabric and quilting stuff wasn't affected :shock:

I hope by now you are over the worst and at least you can open all the windows and doors to air the place out. I have my fingers crossed that all your belongings aren't damaged.

No wonder you are cream crackered, thank god Courtney was there to help you..... :D
Cream crackered?
oh, Terri...big, big gentle hugs, sweetie...that WAS NOT funny...47 times!!! I'd say, that was a lot of water! so sorry.
@#$% totomonas...something evil...bad toilet, bad, bad, toilet,...and scaring the poor kitties! hugs for them too.

Pam
, was just about to push Izy's, quote button, and comment on that, and then scrolled just enough to see your reply and bust out laughing...GMTA!!! LOL!!!

I'm not sure, Izy, what cream crackered is, but I'm guessing, lol,...teeheehee....oh, boy, let me get the giggles out, so I can talk...i'm guessing, it means...whooped,....wore to a pure frazzle.
cream crackered...rahahahahaha :lol: ...oh boy...so funny....I swanee, you guys, say some stuff that looks like English,
and spoken like English,
but makes me shake my head, and stuff rolls, like B-B's in a boxcar!
Terri,...hope you feel better soon, oh and hugs for Courtney too.
Man, if she hadn't been with you, you might have been
cream souped, by the time somebody came home, all soggy and on table with little girl.
All your furniture must be wooden? or not much downstairs?
If I could, I'd wave a magic wand and give you another start to the day too, with a different toilet. Was it salty water?
(blonde in me, asking, lol!)
sorry to try and make you laugh when your sore. :wink:
Old 05-19-2009, 06:53 PM

Yikes! Sis and I once turned on the clothes washer and the toilet and tub threw up! Wasn't pretty stuff either! :evil:

Hope your muscles feel better soon! Please give some loves to the kitties. Don't forget Big Boy is your healing cat, so keep him close by!
Old 05-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Power Poster

What a terrible day. Glad it is over and you can get on with it. At least nothing was ruined.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:12 PM

OMG what a terrible thing to happen to you. That is just awful, hope you had a good nights sleeps and arenot hurting so much now.

Take care-

Elle
Old 05-19-2009, 10:56 PM
Izy

Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
Originally Posted by Izy
Oh Terri, I feel so sorry for you!!

Thank God your fabric and quilting stuff wasn't affected :shock:

I hope by now you are over the worst and at least you can open all the windows and doors to air the place out. I have my fingers crossed that all your belongings aren't damaged.

No wonder you are cream crackered, thank god Courtney was there to help you..... :D
Cream crackered?
Rhymes with......'knackered'!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Cockney rhyming slang...from London!!

Terri, hope you are ok, no sign of you this morning, you are usually signed in, just hope you are ok :wink: :D