Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This is insane! Pics added

The winter storm watch has turned into a Winter Storm! It started an hour ago! We are going to get buried!!! My poor flowers that are up in the gardens! :(
    Attached Images Attached Images

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your poor flowers! That's just not fair. Hold a calender out the door and explain that it's May....not March......

Keep feeling better, Shadow! Don't let the crummy weather get you down.

Tink is in a bad mood today. Weather is not making her happy either! It is raining again today, and she will not go out in the rain............... Just toooooooooo spoiled............

Ooohh nooooo! Do you have a leaf blower? YOu could blast those flowers clear of snow! :lol: :lol:

Oh my, Shadowdancer, unbelievable! Sitting here in NC with the air conditioner running. Your poor flowers. I love snow but not in May.
    Maybe it will all melt soon.

Ninnie

Blog Entries
    and to think, it's already hit the 90s around here.

Just how far north are you? Should we add the word "pole" when mailing things? :shock:

Wow Shadow! Is that normal for you this time of the year? Maybe those flowers are all huddled together staying warm! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on that. Maybe I should have been there w/you snowed inside snowing instead of getting my first ever ticket today!! They decided to make a construction zone after a curve and no warning...yep they were waiting in 5's on motorcycles for us garage sale moms! Stay warm Shadow! Skeat

Almost seems impossible Shadow. So sorry. Hope the flowers make it!

I am NOT that far north Patrice. LOL This is not the usual for us in May, but we have had the occasional year when we've been hit with a blizzard in May and a few times in June. Goes with the territory of living up in the middle of no where I guess. LOL :)

Think warm thoughts! That's all you can do. It will melt and make water for the little flowers.

I hear they get snow in July in the Denver, CO area.

You just can't tell about the weather in most places!

You must have a few quilts to help keep you warm!
    Unreal.

Florida has now officially started summer for us!
    Hot and dry here. We're about 12 inches short on rainfall.
    Soon it will be the rainy season and hopefully we'll catch up.

This is how much we have as of 1:05pm, those foot prints are mine, had to run to the house from my sewing room in my slippers! LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    There is no happy medium any longer - we will be crispy in 100 degree weather which is 20 above normal.

Bundle up and stay safe.

I am so sorry you are experienceing SNOW!
    We are having a glorious Spring day here in St. Louis!
    Skeat, I did stop at an Estate Sale today, and got a muumuu for $1, but I haven't brought it in yet, it has to go straight to the washer because the house reeked of stale cigarrettes and beer! Sorry about the ticket!

Absolutely insane SD

Hope it clears as quick as it's appeared - now listen no more running in your slippers from your sewing room to the house you might slip. :wink:

Tisha

Quote Originally Posted by Shemjo
    I am so sorry you are experienceing SNOW!
    We are having a glorious Spring day here in St. Louis!
    Skeat, I did stop at an Estate Sale today, and got a muumuu for $1, but I haven't brought it in yet, it has to go straight to the washer because the house reeked of stale cigarrettes and beer! Sorry about the ticket!
    Well, we are turning really dark here again this afternoon...hopefully blows waaaay north of you! Looks not nice! And, is sounds like you had a great bargain today! I think you were at my cousins:)LOL
    I like your footsteps in the snow shadow...what a nice retreat to go to! Skeat

No fun for you. :( Sorry about your flowers.

Oh, Shadow! Why do they call it Global Warming?!! Can you throw sheets and things over your flowers? That's what I do here in IL when we have a frost. And what were you doing runnin' in your slippers? I hope everything survives.

Well , Shadow, this sounds like a perfect reason to stay at home and sew!! Everyone here in NH tells me that is is not that unusual to have snow in May - but so far it has been reasonable weather - No snow so far. Hopefully we are safe now!!

Stay warm - those flowers will come back :cry:

awww,Shadow. Thank you for reminding me of why I don't live in that area anymore. Your flowers will come up again, I am sure. Mother Nature rules!

judee

Oh Shadow -- I'm so sorry!! I hate snow so much that I just can't imagine living where you do :cry: But it was 85 degrees here today with so much humidity it was hard to breathe and we're due for bad thunderstorms later on this evening. Maybe a snow storm in May wouldn't be such a bad idea...

Well, it is time to get serious Shadow. I'm wrapping up a big box of California sunshine to send to you. We won't miss it, you know with global warming and such.

And, at the very least your local weatherman ought to be replaced. Get a bonified Indian to do a Sun Dance. It would certainly improve things.

Blog Entries
    Get out the ski's and snowshoes....Hey! You probably haven't even had time to put them away..... :D

Sending warm thoughts

It is 7 pm and the weather guys have cut into TV programming to warn us of severe weather! I wish they would just shut up and let me watch the season finale of Ghost Whisperer! There is nothing I can do about the weather and they are really annoying me!

Quote Originally Posted by Skeat
    Wow Shadow! Is that normal for you this time of the year? Maybe those flowers are all huddled together staying warm! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on that. Maybe I should have been there w/you snowed inside snowing instead of getting my first ever ticket today!! They decided to make a construction zone after a curve and no warning...yep they were waiting in 5's on motorcycles for us garage sale moms! Stay warm Shadow! Skeat
    Don't they have some donuts to suck down or something, Skeat, instead of waiting to nail, decent quilters such as yourself.
    geesh, we have curves here, and they hide in those too.
    I hate it for ya! :?

sorry, bout the snow, Shadow. Hope your flowers are ok, and do hope, you don't have to run in that stuff, no more. Thinking warm thoughts for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast