Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
iPhones-What do you like about yours? >

iPhones-What do you like about yours?

iPhones-What do you like about yours?

Old 11-26-2013, 08:08 AM

Smile iPhones-What do you like about yours?

For the first time I am considering a smartphone. It has taken me a long time to justify getting one. So I wonder what you like about yours? Of course, I thoroughly enjoy Quilting Board but am not a Facebook or Pinterest person. We don't have GPS in any of our vehicles and we love stargazing. Thanks for any input you can offer!
Old 11-26-2013, 08:59 AM

I am not an Apple user when it comes to computers, but I've found that the iPhone is very easy to pick up and figure out. I tried to figure out my former bosses' Blackberry and was completely lost! I haven't had cause to compare to more recent phones, but for my money, the iPhone is the way to go!! (And you can get away with using an iPhone 4, if need be.)
Old 11-26-2013, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

I don't have one yet, but I got one for my dd once I found out that she could do GPS by means of voice while driving. She used to get lost a lot, so this is a safety feature for her, especially when driving at night. It will even pronounce the street names.

I am going to get an iPhone for myself soon because there's an app that allows you to live chat internationally at no cost (Whatsapp). (Whatsapp is also available for android phones and several others, but not my current "semi-smart" phone.)

My dd needed help getting set up on the phone, so I had a chance to use some of the features. I liked that it was very user-friendly. The choice for us was between an iPhone and a Samsung Galaxy android phone. I just figured with our tech-deficient family the iPhone was worth the extra expense because of its ease of use.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:07 AM

I love my iPhone and remember apps and updates are free
Old 11-26-2013, 09:16 AM

I love mine, I have a mac and an iPad. I use the GPS and google on it often. I also read on it when I find myself stuck waiting somewhere and don't have something else to read. it goes to the last page i read on my iPad. When I see a quilt I like I take pictures of it with my phone. I listen to music on it sometimes too.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:40 AM

I love my iphone. I use it more to text my husband and long distance friends and family then even talk on it. I can face time...see them face to face when talking etc. I can get on the internet and do a bunch of things. I also have an ipad and I love that too!! I can listen to music on it, listen to some talk radio on it. It pretty much does all the things my Ipad does but smaller.
Texting is the best thing. It is such a nice way to stay in touch with someone at the spur of the moment in between a real phone call when needed.

My husband is the one that didn't think we needed iphones but I told him I did NOT want to be left behind in technology!! Our adult kids were shocked we got them but now they are thrilled we can keep in touch with them at a moments notice. Don't be left behind!!

Last edited by nygal; 11-26-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:53 AM

I love my I-Phone, both my daughters have one, so were able to teach me more than I would have otherwise tried to learn. Also, it sincs with my Mac computer, which is cool for photos.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:07 AM

Do some comparison between the iPhone and the Android. They're very, very similar. My dh, dd, and I have iPhones. My son has both an iPhone (work) and Android (personal). We love our iPhones but ds prefers his Android, over his iPhone. I believe his Android has a larger screen and from what I remember, is a tiny bit bigger but weighs a tad less than my iPhone 4.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:08 AM

Oh, thank you all so much for your valuable information. One thing I am looking forward to is having a touch screen keypad for dialing numbers and texting. My not-smartphone has little tiny number/letter pads and my older eyes are having a harder time distinguishing them.

Can you load photos from your iPhone to this QB?

Nygal: I try not to be left behind but sometimes I look at new technology and think, I think I will wait a little longer!
Old 11-26-2013, 03:37 PM

I prefer the android. The screen is larger and easier to read. Nice for me since I am getting old and the print is getting smaller.
I use mine alot for Facebook, email and other programs like quilting board and yes, I have uploaded pics to this program.
I think the color and resolution is much better on the android. Giving better pictures.

The battery in an android (as per tests) lasts longer. This is because an android is made from plastic and iphones are made with metal....hence the metal absorbs more battery life.

The phone preferance is your choice. Thats why they have so many models. Its personal to your needs.
My daughter loves her iphone. But I am happy with my samsung note.