Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: iron injury~it was a HOT one

I did this at work with an iron, I wasn't sewing, but ironing wood. Seems funny, but you can spray water on little dents and iron them right out. So, I was ironing a door and dropped the iron right on my arm....I was thinking it was going to hurt so bad. Surprisingly, it doesn't hurt at all, but is all blistered up. I hope it heals up quickly.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That is going to be ugly for awhile.

OUCH!!

Ouch! I bet it will hurt later!

Oh, I am in sympathy pain!!

Blog Entries
    not fun :( I hope it heals quickly for you to! I'd be keeping some burn cream handy for awhile though.

Drizzle some aloe vera on it and when you go to work cover it with a loose gauze pad to keep it clean. There is nothing like an inflamed burn.

Oh, that looks mean. Hope it heals quickly.

Power Poster
    OUCH JUST SAW ON TV DR OZ TODAY SAID FOR A BURN PUT HONEY NEVER HEARD THAT BEFORE

You must have a high tolerance for pain cause surely that hurts! Go with the aloe vera just to make me feel better.

Blog Entries
    Ouch! Keep it clean and I believe air is the best healer. So sorry this happened.

Blog Entries
    i was watching Dr.oz today and he said ti pertroleum jelly on burns like yours

Blog Entries
    sorry to use petroleum jelly on burns

Blog Entries
    ouch ouch

I burned muself with aan iron. I used vitamin E oil and aloe on the burn, it healed an left no scar. I just punched a hole with a straight p[in in the vitamin E capsule and squeezed the oil on burn.

Blog Entries
    Ouchy Ouchy. I hope it heals fast for you. Looks like its going to leave a scar. Aloe Vera is good for burns. Make sure to keep it clean. I'm glad its not your hands or that would cause you not to be able to sew. That would have been bad!!!

Blog Entries
    OUCH! Hope it gets better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by QUILTNMO
    OUCH JUST SAW ON TV DR OZ TODAY SAID FOR A BURN PUT HONEY NEVER HEARD THAT BEFORE
    I never heard of that before, but honey is wonderful. It is full of all the good stuff. I have never had a bad burn so I have just been keeping ointment on it and keeping it covered so it doesn't dry out.

Power Poster
    It should hurt and it probably will soon! If a bad burn doesn't hurt, that usually isn't a good thing. It means it has burned through all layers and deadened the nerves. Hope it heals up well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan
    It should hurt and it probably will soon! If a bad burn doesn't hurt, that usually isn't a good thing. It means it has burned through all layers and deadened the nerves. Hope it heals up well for you.
    That isn't good. :( It really doesn't hurt at all. It did for a couple minutes after it happened and then it stopped. And it happened so quick, guess that iron was REALLY hot.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QUILTNMO
    Ouch! :shock: You say it doesn't hurt, but it sure looks like it does! If you have any Royal Jelly, that will help with healing.

Blog Entries
    Ouch!!!! Hope it heals soon.

Ouch! That looks like it hurt! That could get infected very easily. It may start hurting again when the blister breaks. I believe that is a second degree burn. It can take up to 48 hours to see the full extent of the burn, and this can get infected very easily. It may be a good idea to give your doc a call and check to see if he would recommend putting antibiotic ointment on it. Some docs will give you a prescription for silvadene creme which may help with potential scarring. So sorry you got burned so nastily.

ouch...that looks awful..use aloe on it

last week I was pressing a quilt w/ steam and suddenly My iron started leaking boiling hot water..I have problems with my legs so I was sitting and my legs were under the ironing board...my thighs and a little of my belly got burned and at first it stung bad...I keep a bottle of 100% aloe gel in the refrigerator (keeping it cold just feels good on the burns) for whenever anyone gets burned a bottle costs about $7-8 but will last a long long time in the fridge.... I put the aloe gel on it right away...no blistering nothing it just got red and the next day it was almost gone I used aloe on it several times the first two days and it is gone and never did hurt after that....

Hope it heals up fast

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    I hope you reported it, just incase it becomes infected or worse so your medical bills will be covered. Ice water and ice I have found is the best thing to help it! One time making Thanksgiving dinner, I removed a pot from the oven, it was 400 degrees, went about setting the table, grabbed the handle of that pot about a few seconds later and dropped it to the floor. I soaked my hand in ice cold water overnight, it did not blister, I did lose a bit of skin but that was it. I was thank ful! Here is to a speedy recovery!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast