It's Snowing!

Old 01-20-2012, 09:55 PM

we only had one day of snow here, now it is so cold and no snow !! if it is going to be cold i would like to see some snow!! just a bit , i love to sit in my sewing room by the window and watch it snow!!!
Old 01-20-2012, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 View Post
I live in NW Washington -- we have been snowbound since Monday. Our furnace died Monday afternoon, but fortunately were able to get a repairman out before it got dark. We have had about 14 inches of snow since then -- and it is still snowing (about 3 inches today). We have been advised that the snow may change to the ice storm that is hitting to the south -- that would be a real mess.

So far we have power -- hopefully that continues as it is 22 degrees.

I am going to try to attach a picture taken after our big dump Tuesday. Hope this works.
Oh Quiltin Lady 1 I feel for you! Your area is just not set up for this kind of snow fall! I heard today they are warning some areas on your side of the Mountains about floods! Hope they are wrong! For the past week we have had steady winds of 20-25 mph which really isn't that bad, except for the chill factor. this last week we had two days with a hi of 3 one day a hi of 5 two days were between 13 and 14 and then today we had 16 degrees and the wind quit!! WOO HOO a heat wave! LOL it started snowing hear about 12 hr's ago we have a whoppin 2 inches and the temp has dropped back to 14. If the wind starts up again we'll be drifted in. The snow here is really dry so any air movement will get it moving. I'm just happy DH has a good tractor to push the stuff out of 1/4 mile drive way!OK just hit the Post Quick Reply button and it said my post was too short It had to be 10 charters long!LOL I want to meet the person doing the counting
Old 01-20-2012, 10:42 PM

ging10ging,
I see you live in Port Charlotte, I have a sister in law that live there. She is also a quilter. Do know a Joann Swindlehurst????
Old 01-20-2012, 11:32 PM

I live in a mobil home park in Yakima, wa. We have about a foot of snow tonight.My neighbor man has a big snow blower and blowes the snow out for me.I live alone but have a nice neighbor lady who lives across the street that keeps calling me,so I am doing fine. Handquilter