Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
January 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize. >

January 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize.

January 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:44 AM

Just a reminder for those who have yet mailed out their FQ's, please include your screen name when you mail them. The 15th will be here before you know it.

I will post as I get them when they arrive.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:48 AM

Good Morning Everyone! It's a little foggy here in NE FL this am, but it's suppose to be another good one. Getting ready to head to Orlando area on Fri. DH and DD are running the the "Goofy Run" at Disney World DH & DD will dothe half Marathon on Sat and DD will also do the full marathon on Sun! I'm support crew . Got all the strawberries, bananas and cantalope need to clean, slice and dice. We are taking the RV looking forward to a good time. The 4 leggers love camping too. If I can ever figure out how to post a pic I'll send one of the fearless runners.

My weigh in is on Sun so I'll let you know the loss. Feeling really good on this adventure - learning about stress eating and just want to eat eating Mmm. Thanks everyone for your input and ups and downs it all helps!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:00 AM

Hey all!! Went to the Surgeon's yesterday for my follow-up since having the gallbladder removed. He said I'm good to go!! Everything healed up great and I'm doing good. Told me I can walk all I want, do stairs. Told him I've been doing that for about 3 weeks now. He laughed, said that was great. He did tell me that until the end of the month I couldn't scuba, sky dive, snow board, mud wrestle, bull ride, or pole vault. I asked if Kangaroo boxing was ok? He laughed. Said that by the end of the month I could pretty much do what I wanted.

So Friday I go back to work. Tomorrow I go in to get Occupational Health to release me. Then I'm good to go. I'm looking forward to going back, but it's bitter sweet. I'll miss all my sewing time I've had. Plus, when I go back, my co-worker is leaving for another job. I'll miss her.

Now to head to the basement to sew!!! I only have 2 more days of it!!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:41 AM

Stopping by to say hello! I am all settled in our forever home now~ big sigh of relief! For those who don't know or don't remember we moved twice last year...once after finally selling our house & then into a rental while we had our dream house built. After that crazy year I actually gained 8 pounds, I mean really???? Do you have any idea how much work moving is? oh yeah stress eating was involved too well anyway; things are settling down & I plan on getting back on track. I am walking every other day, went 4 1/2 miles today with a good bit of big hills too.

Question about diet sodas, is Crystal light concerned the same? I can drink tons of that but maybe it is hurting me too.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:12 AM

Welcome back Dody!! Glad to hear you are getting all settled into your new home. I just got off my treadmill and was feeling good about 1 1/2 miles. Good for you doing 4 1/2. Makes me miss my Texas winters where I had a walking buddy and we would do 3-5 miles a few times a week.
Crystal light has aspartame; same as most diet sodas. It doesn't have the carbonation so at least it shouldn't affect your bone health.
Time for a grapefruit and yogurt for my breakfast.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:14 AM

Thanks Pam! I think I will drink it but add twice as much water so it is at lease very weak. Then maybe I'll go 3/4 water Our weather in Fl is so pretty now, 75*..perfect for the walk.

I am still working on my king size batik quilt. I started cutting it out in Ga. and pieced it in the rental house & now I am hand quilting it here. It is all triangles (Fons & Porter) and all crazy bright batiks. I really need sunglasses for this one but hubby said he was 'over' blue & wanted an orange bedroom here. it is either hoing to be stunning or a down right mess!

I still have not quilted my Eye Spy quilt but it's on the list with my Garden Angel quilt.

Last edited by Beachbound; 01-09-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:11 PM

Welcome back Beachbound.....and that is where I wish I was at......meaning the beach. I am ready for some warm weather.

It has been crazy here in the Dallas area with the weather, snow on christmas day to rain today ........ up to 70 on Friday and back down to the 30's on Saturday and sunday. UGH.....on crazy winter this year.

Be careful drinking something with aspartane....... I know for some they dont have a problem, for me if I drink too much of it I get a migraine. and then can't function. I have been doing more lemon water.......and it seems to be helping. I am noticing that the close are getting even loser than a month ago.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:01 PM

My DH gets migraines from aspartame also. So just in case I don't drink it either. Walking a bit when the weather & time will allow. It's nice to have a January thaw. Does any one know how Australia is doing w/ their bush fires. It sounded bad the other day. Hope all are safe!!
Old 01-10-2013, 03:16 PM

Why is it that whenever I decide I need to seriously limit my carbs they seem to be everywhere? They have served mashed potatoes for lunch at school 3 times this week. They looked so good. I was dying for potatoes. I made mashed cauliflower for dinner. It was yummy. The last time I mashed cauliflower I wasn't too pleased with the result. I would do this again.
Welcome back Beachbound. Wow sounds like a busy year. Cindy the weather has been up and down like crazy here too. It was supposed to be 55 today. It is cold and rainy. I guess we will all have to come and visit you.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:06 PM

Has anyone noticed that the second half of hand quilting a quilt goes so much faster than the first half? I hate the unquilted layers, the darn thing is just so bulky to move around but when it's quilted the quilt moves much easier. Anyhow, I am making good progress now & am hopeful of finishing it in the next month or so.