January weight loss 2016

Old 01-22-2016, 12:09 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem View Post
Ok, so finally got my FQ's out in today's mail. I'm sorry they are so late. I have Jan - Mar with a little something extra for postage.

I hope everyone is doing well. I am down only about 2 - 3 lbs so far. It is better than going up. Today I am babysitting my youngest grand daughter. She just will be 5 mos old on the 27th. Her mamma is a teacher in a T-K class.
My next grand is due March 3. Beth will need a C-Section so that means for a couple of weeks I will have Faith more as well as Naomi and Caleb while their mother recovers. It ought to be interesting.

I had my last session with my PT. He is going to request more. I see my Dr on Monday. I asked him if I can start walking around the block yet. He said no. I can ride an exercise bike or do a little work on an elliptical(I don't have access to one of those) but no walking where I can't immediately stop when the foot starts to hurt.

I do get to go to Road to California Quilt show tomorrow. I am going with 4 other friends and they will take turns pushing me around in the wheel chair. It should be a fun day!
Hahahah see you at the Road to California. Well maybe not since I do not know who to look for but I will be out there with one of my daughters and a friend.

Oh does this count as working out? I'll be wandering the halls from 9 aM to 6 PM. LOL No I still did not make it out to the exercise place.

Last edited by Annaquilts; 01-22-2016 at 12:18 AM.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:11 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Leann View Post
I'm like several who are having trouble getting any traction. I've been tracking my calories and have only gone over my range twice, and I'm averaging more than 10,000 steps each day yet I weigh the same as I did Thanksgiving. I'm having a colonoscopy in the morning, haven't had solid food for 3 days; if the scale doesn't move in the morning I should probably give up.

But I know I'll just try harder. I want to start a new quilt - I've got the bug again.
Oh do not give up, it will go up. Sometimes the best I can do is stay the same or at least not gain too much. Best wishes.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:13 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jcarpentier View Post
Hey there everyone. Just checking in. We have to bring my daughter to the orthopedics for a followup because she fractured her pinky at recess while sliding down a hill. This was on the 8th of January. She seems to be doing well so I am hoping she doesn't need a more permanent cast.

My weight loss has stalled as well...
Must be a take your daughter to orthopedics week. My daughter tore her muscle loose in her knee and needs surgery.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:00 PM

I'm having mixed feelings about weekend meals. I generally do well throughout the work week, amazingly. Meal planning just seems like part of the work I need to do. So I cut veggies for lunch salad and do pretty good with supper as well.
The problem is that I get lazy on the weekends about what I eat. I don't care as much, and since I am home, I eat and snack more. My husband would like to "do good" all week, then have goodies and pizza on the weekend. It's not that awful of a concept, and we have done well in past years with that plan. But now that I am older and have a more sedentary job, I'm not sure it is going to work.

What about you? Any weekend meal issues?
Old 01-23-2016, 05:21 AM

Oh yes. Weekends are the worst for me. Also, I tend to forget I need to eat lunch and don't plan them. Maybe try to make things ahead of time for the weekend? Like when you are making stuff for meals on the weekday just put a little extra for the weekend too. You could let yourself have a treat on the weekends but don't over indulge. There is a balance and to be honest I struggle with it.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:43 AM

Here are some tips on how to burn more calories. I found some of them quite helpful.

http://www.southbeachdiet.com/diet/w...160118#slide=1
Old 01-23-2016, 03:36 PM

I missed my spinning class 2x this week. I went this morning, it is amazing how much I lost in only a week. My SIL dad was in the hospital so I had the grandkids several evenings. This interfered with my classes. I rode 22 miles this morning in an hour. Then I did all of the exercise machines. I can feel it in my shoulders. Then I went and spent the whole day at the mall. I have a new Apple computer and since I ran an update this week it has't been working right. It is all better now. I got a nice pair of black boots, up to my knees and 3 sweaters for $68. Love clearance racks and coupons. I are lunch at a sushi restaurant. OMG was it good, probably kinda high in calories. Hopefully I can get back on my exercise schedule this week.
I have troubles with my food choices on the weekends. Too many yummy temptations around here. Also in school I can't eat whenever I want. My Dh is bugging me for a Lemon Meringue pie. I will probably make one tomorrow. He will eat most of it. I have been hungry for pizza. I was thinking of making one tomorrow.
Old 01-23-2016, 03:55 PM

Thanks Anna. And you're right, I can't give up. I'd weigh 200#! But my current situation is definitely testing the calories in/calories out. Maybe that is just a theory? lol After the cleanse and prep for my colonoscopy my weight increased 2#. I was told the day after the procedure I'd be able to get back to my normal routine. I wish. But I am hoping that by Monday I'll be better. Mom told me it affected her the same way.

I hope everyone is safe. Quite the weekend for bad weather.
Old 01-23-2016, 04:17 PM

Thanks for link to southbeachdiet.com. The tips are good. I'm all for the sleeping one!
Old 01-23-2016, 09:29 PM

Lynne, I can't believe you gained with the prep for your colonoscopy. Sounds like it does run in your family though. I was wondering how many calories you are allowing yourself each day. Maybe your body has gone into starvation mode. You probably don't want to hear this but I lost 5 lbs with my prep. Right after that I started the Daniel Plan 10 day cleanse and lost another 5 lbs in 10 days. That's why I had such a good loss for December. As soon as I added dairy and grains back my weight loss slowed way down.