Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Juki DU 1181N Threading Question Please >

Juki DU 1181N Threading Question Please

Juki DU 1181N Threading Question Please

Old 01-08-2022, 10:23 AM

Default Juki DU 1181N Threading Question Please

I was finally able to buy a Juki DU 1181N and I like it and can see me using a lot, but it didn't come with a manual and was told there wasn't one because it is an industrial machine. I did see that there are several Youtube videos but can anyone please let me know which one would show the correct way to thread the machine. Goldstar Tool (Youtube) and Rogue Stitches (Youtube) show threading the machine differently from Fierce Kittenz (Youtube). It shows one minor difference but it might be important. I am attaching two pictures and would very much appreciate knowing which one is correct. Does the guide above the lower tension discs in the picture have to be threaded once or twice? I hope I am making sense.

Also, I would be happy if anyone can recommend videos that helped them with the Juki DU 1181 machine. Many thanks.
Happy New Year!
Attached Thumbnails example1.jpg   example2.jpeg  
Old 01-09-2022, 06:55 AM

I was able to find a manual at https://www.juki.co.jp/industrial_j/...u/menu_eg.html Click on to download the manual.

It is in multiple languages. It looks like the adjustable thread guide with black screw is threaded like the second picture, but around the tension discs like in the first picture, as seen on page 23 of the pdf.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 01-09-2022 at 06:59 AM.
Old 01-12-2022, 01:49 PM

Hope you got this figured out. I have a Juki 8600, and it threads the same. To save time, when I change thread I cut it off between the machine and thread spool, tie on the new thread, then grab it right above the needle (so I unthread the needle) then lift the foot to disengage the tension and pull the thread through.

With them being high speed machines, they are less "self threading" and have more holes you need to poke the thread through, so pulling it through like this saves that hassle. I do the same with my longarm - for the same reason.
Old 03-17-2024, 03:29 PM

Default English-only manual (1181n)

I'm buying an 1181n, and found this thread when I was looking for an english-only instruction manual (Juki's 7-language manual is hard to browse!). I ended up making my own (editing what I downloaded from Juki). 101 pages became 31. I remembered this thread sounded promising, so I wanted to share the english-only manual here in case others find this thread looking for it (as I was). It's attached.

PS: I uploaded this to manuals.lib a few days ago. I fixed a couple small formatting errors since then. I don't think I can replace that upload. So, this copy supersedes what's found there. (But, just unimportant formatting stuff.).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
instruction_7K_english.pdf (791.4 KB, 22 views)