Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-03-2011, 01:57 PM

Hi all It is sooo hot here. 105 the last I checked and humid.
Yesterday I got the 10000steps in and I'm on track for that again today. Got up real early to do my walk with our dog Jasper a Sheltie who thinks walking no matter how hot is the best thing next to eating.
Sandy, I am so sorry to hear about you sister. I will include her in my prayers. I know she will be happy to have you with her for as long as you can stay. Touch base with us when you can.
JHolm sounds like a good idea to have your own snacks with you. I find that if I eat much sweet stuff I get sickish to. I think it's the sugar. Our body doesn't know how to handle all the sudden rush of sugar and lets us know by feeling sick.
welcome bjeriann glad to have another join in. I wish I had the room for elliptical but walking will have to do. I got in almost 3 miles today and I was dripping for 2 hours after.
Hugs to all
Gail
Old 07-03-2011, 03:02 PM

I can't compete with people who have lap bands or doing excessive diets in hopes of winning 8 to 15 yds of fabric. I'm staying on the QB but not the weight challenage. I have joined 2 others where the people are like me, losing 1 to 6 lbs a month. I wish you all luck.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:25 PM

SWChick, we only have one member who has had a lapband and she is not competing for the fabric. She has graciously consented to be part of the group and not be eligible. And, I might add, that person is an asset to our endeavors. It doesn't take excessive dieting to loss two pounds a week for people who are able to be active. My personal goal is two pounds for the MONTH!

I wish you well and I also wish, in future posts, you'd check your facts.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:51 PM

This is a place to get encouragement and hints to stay on track to become healthy. The FQ's are just a side to the real purpose of the group. I wish you would reconsider and join us SWChick. You can chime in with your progress and get a hug when things are a little rough and not even be part of the FQ challenge.
Gail
Old 07-03-2011, 05:29 PM

SWChick has gone to another board and is trying to make trouble here.

SWChick, you have been following this thread for months and you know Missy's circumstances. Random spikes are not very nice.

Sandy, I am so sorry about your sister. I lost both of my sisters in the last 5 yrs. Sisters are special.

Xylie, you are doing great.
Irish, thanks for keeping this thread going.

Missy, what a girl! You are doing so well.

I got out today and went to church. That was good, I haven't done that in over a year. I paid for it in the heat, though. Just walking to and from my car sent me into breathing spasms, I took a 4 hour nap this afternoon and have recovered.

Jeanne, try the chewing gum trick. It really does help to already have something in your mouth.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
SWChick has gone to another board and is trying to make trouble here.

SWChick, you have been following this thread for months and you know Missy's circumstances. Random spikes are not very nice.

Sandy, I am so sorry about your sister. I lost both of my sisters in the last 5 yrs. Sisters are special.

Xylie, you are doing great.
Irish, thanks for keeping this thread going.

Missy, what a girl! You are doing so well.

I got out today and went to church. That was good, I haven't done that in over a year. I paid for it in the heat, though. Just walking to and from my car sent me into breathing spasms, I took a 4 hour nap this afternoon and have recovered.

Jeanne, try the chewing gum trick. It really does help to already have something in your mouth.
MJ glad you are feeling better.

Missy you are an inspiration in sharing your challanges you have gone through.

Irishrose, thank you for keeping the thread going in MJ's absense.

I have seen a few try to tear this group apart with snide comments. I dont know what happened and really dont care to know.

I am here for the friendship, common bond and encouragement.

Lets keep going together on our weight loss journey.

Cindy
Old 07-03-2011, 07:42 PM

Thank you guys so much for taking the time to defend me. I have had problems with a number of people contacting me privately and now these posts that are on this thread. I am just me and I did have the lap-band but long ago I said when I knew that I would finally be having my surgery that I would no longer be doing this for the fabric. That would be unfair to everyone else. Thank you for stating that to SWChick.

I am having a bit of a difficult time right now and will be posting about it in just a bit. You guys have become like family to me and right now I really could use the hugs that only comes from a sister.

I really do love you guys!

Missy
Old 07-03-2011, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Thank you guys so much for taking the time to defend me. I have had problems with a number of people contacting me privately and now these posts that are on this thread. I am just me and I did have the lap-band but long ago I said when I knew that I would finally be having my surgery that I would no longer be doing this for the fabric. That would be unfair to everyone else. Thank you for stating that to SWChick.

I am having a bit of a difficult time right now and will be posting about it in just a bit. You guys have become like family to me and right now I really could use the hugs that only comes from a sister.

Missy
Hugs Missy.............you are awesome. Dont let other influence in the negative. We are here to support one another.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Missy
MissyGirl,
You are a fantastic woman! don't let the creepies get you down.'Hugs,
MJ
Old 07-03-2011, 08:05 PM

As most of you know, I am a lesbian. I am in a relationship with an amazing woman. I have never done anything to hide my sexuality. My parents have been supportive and have never questioned it. Until last night…

My sister Lisa got married today. Last night we had the rehearsal and then the rehearsal dinner. We had to wait for our table for 30 minutes (there were 26 people in our party). We waited outside while they got our table ready. While we were sitting outside, I leaned over and gave Cathie (my girlfriend) a very light kiss. My mom went berserk. She said that it is not right for us to kiss in public or show signs of affection in public. She also said that it isn’t right for other people to see or know what my sexual orientation is.

That broke my heart. She has never ever been anything but supportive but this really took me for a loop. About the time my mom finished talking/yelling at me I saw my sister Lisa give her fiancé a HUGE kiss. I then said to my mom (in anger) that she needed to tell Tony and Lisa to knock it off because I did not want their sexuality shoved down MY throat. UGH.

I should not have spoken to my mom in anger. I am sorry for that. But, how could you say and act supportive at home but then we when go out together you are now embarrassed? I have never done anything to cause my mother to be ashamed of me. EVER. But now I feel so hurt that my mom is ashamed of me.

I have run into homophobia all of my life and I have come to the conclusion that there is no wonder that so many of our LGBT youths are committing suicide.

I am sad. I am hurt. I went to the wedding that I wish were mine, served cake and smiled. This was going to be so hard. My eyes are full of tears and I am trying my hardest not to let them fall.

Thank you guys for being here for me!

Missy