July weight loss

Old 07-22-2014, 09:04 AM

Pete, it may need a fresh battery.
Go to https://www.fitbit.com/store and at the bottom of the page is the Help section.
They may be able to reset it from there, or determine if the battery is low.
They may ask you to mail it back.

You will need those registration numbers from the packaging though, I'm sure.
I do truly love my fitbit zip.

meanmom, you knee wrap probably IS too big, because your leg is slimmer now.

I was going to weigh this morning and was fully dressed before I remembered.
I finished part three of the lawn minutes before it started raining, it all looks so pretty. Instead of Baptist Fans I did Clamshell design 3400steps at 10 am. Yesterday and the day before I did over 10K.

I have two little hens singing the egg song. The little 6" rooster is molting, he has one lonely tail feather left. What a sweetie.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:35 AM

KQ, are you doing quilt designs in your lawn?
I should be doing something while the baby is sleeping but instead I am watching american ninja warriors.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:55 PM

I did it. I went for a walk this evening - only to the corner and back. I think the furgirls are pulling for the dog walker as they had to have a quick refresher course in how to walk like lady. I'm sure we were a sight. 2 dogs, 1 large, 1 medium, a walking stick, and a bright yellow cast all the way to my knee.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:20 AM

My DIL, granddaughter, her mom and the dog made it safely here from Japan. It was a long tiring trip. They didn't have any trouble getting the dog on a flight from Japan. The airlines wanted a fortune to fly the dog from Chicago to OH so my DS had to pick them up in Chicago. It is a 5 hour drive. I spent 2 days cleaning the house for them. I am exhausted. Hopefully the stupid military will deliver the furniture when they said they will this time. They first promised it on July 7, then the 17th now it is supposed to come on the 25th. As of Monday it was still coming as scheduled. My sons friend said it took 6 months to get his furniture. I don't know why things involving the military have to be so screwed up.
My GD is so cute, she is 2 1/2 months old. I got to hold her for the first time yesterday. I only stayed for a little bit after they got there.
Irish glad to hear you got out on a walk. I hope your foot is ok today. I need to can tomatoes today. I don't feel like doing it. I have the kitchen cleaned up so I can work.
I was hoping to go to the fair this afternoon. It is raining so I hope it clears up by then. I was going to get my DH to go with me. Time to quit procrastinating and get to work.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:23 AM

You must have been quite a sight, Irish! Glad it all went well for you.
Pat, you know we'll need to see a picture of that precious baby girl. Those mixed race babies are beautiful. I hope to have one sometime in the future.
I always thought "slow boat from China" was just a saying but it took 3 months one time when my daughter sent a box from Korea. If that is how that furniture is getting here, it may be awhile.
I guess my son got married last week while on vacation. I guess it had always been her dream to get married in a lavender field so while they were in the south of France last weekend they had a little ceremony. My daughter got certified online. I don't know if this is a legal marriage or not. I'm thinking not.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:33 AM

I think that was my last walk until the cast comes off. I'm sure the plates are okay, but the skin feels a little irritated. Too much friction. I can hold off 6 more days. Never thought I'd be looking forward to a boot - I've always disliked those, but never I've had one.

My handyman is supposed start painting the trim on the house today. He's now an hour and a half late. I don't know why I put up with it - yes, I do. He is goodhearted, does good work, works at a reasonable rate, will do anything I ask and he needs the money.

Chiropractor app't today. That may a waste of time of money when I'm walking lopsided.

I'm working on the back of the circle quilt - the front is ready for borders. I love scrappy when other people do it, but I drive myself crazy trying to distribute colors. I am now replacing several blocks as I don't like the way they blend. I know, just sew it together. I tell my daughter it all matches once it's sewn together, then waste time doing this. I think I'll take a break and make an apple pie. That I can do.

Pat, how exciting to have your family return. 2 1/2 months is such a sweet age. You will enjoy spending time with your granddaughter. Is this your first GD? I know you have a couple of GSs. I've had to drive to Chicago for flights. 5 1/2 to 6 hours if traffic on 80 is moving.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy
Old 07-23-2014, 12:50 PM

Checking in. I finally finished a quilt top I've been working on. Now I have to find just the right fabric for the back. I'll post pictures one of these days. I had to go stay with my mom yesterday while my dad and husband went out of town to do yard work at mom and dad's river house. Mom is having back problems and can't stay by herself. She's had some decompression treatments and next the doctor is going to have her doing some traction treatments. She really is a lot better. I think I told everyone on here she turned 80 in June. She hates being down. Monday, my husband and I took my aunt to her final appointment with her foot surgeon. He released her and said she was "good to go". My aunt is so excited. She said she had already been practicing driving up and down her street! She's 13 months younger than my mom. haha Can't keep those two still for very long. It's pouring down rain and gusting wind again here. I think it's settled down now. Have a great afternoon everyone.
Debbie, The Teddybear Lady
Old 07-27-2014, 10:14 AM

Hey gang, everyone pounding down to the month finish?
I'm taking the day off today, mother started hollering at 4:30 and didn't stop until about 9...
so I'm tired and grumpy. Which is silly, I usually get up around 5 AM anyway. I like that morning sewing time in my own quilt room. That is where I'm making strings from shirts, simple.

I have my other Janome set up across from her chair in the living room. Right now I'm making paper pieced flying geese out of shirt scraps. I can follow something with numbers surely Sooner or later she'll get mad about something and start hollering so that is a spot I come and go from.

I forgot to weigh for a few days and blew right past my sorta goal, 155. That is what I weighed the day I went for breast cancer surgery and have inched up ever since. So there I was at 154...I felt like that Paul Newman movie where he was in prison for lopping off the heads of parking meters. They used the prisoners for road gangs, and one day the got the idea to work like mad, and they ran out of gravel before they ran out of road. They just stood looking at each other What now?

Thumbs up everyone...one less bite at a time.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:39 AM

Wow Kalama awesome job. That is about the number I am looking for. I don't know how you do it with your mom. I am a huge stress eater. I have major stress right now so major misbehaving on my eating. At least what I have been eating isn't too bad, just too much of it. We have tons of stuff from the garden to eat now. I have been throwing in some chocolate and cookies too.
I don't know where everyone has been. Almost no posts for a week. I picked up my quilts from the fair today. As soon as I got in my car the rain let loose like crazy.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:01 PM

DOn't know where everyone has been the last few days. I posted the August thread. Don't forget to sign up.