Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!! >

June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!!

June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!!

Old 06-01-2012, 12:20 PM

I would like to do this with ya'll but I'm not really understanding where, when and how many FQ's to send and if I'm sending to the hostess or to the winner...weighed myself today, so I've gotten that far and posted here to play....what next?
Old 06-01-2012, 03:41 PM

nancia, when you get the bargello pattern we can work on it together. I love bargello's. Irish said she has done Spicy Swirl a number of times - I so want to try it also. I'll just have to order the pattern and go for it.

Day had been going good and then Mom pushed buttons. I have to remember "IT'S THE DISEASE". BE PATIENT. I'm so ready to go to CA for a get away. DD is coming home tonight, but leaving tomorrow night. Bad planning on her part, which is usual. But one day is better than none.

Maybe I can get outside and dig in the dirt for awhile and use up some of this anger. I won't eat through it this time!!! But it must be 5:00 somewhere.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:20 PM

nancia, red white and/or blue or whatever you have.

brenda21, welcome, you send your one FQ to createfourpaws (Cindy). You can PM her for the address. She will send them on after June's winner is determined. Other than that, you do the best you can dropping unwanted pounds and post here at least once a week, though daily is preferred by many. No numbers unless you want to, just let us know how you are feeling and how you are doing, what you are working on in quilting if desired, any tips you can share with us for meeting a goal, etc.

Welcome back to the rest of you. Did you see what I just wrote??? "the best you can do dropping pounds" What an eyeopener for me. I have not been giving this endeavor my best and like anything, you get out of something what you put in, what I've had is zero weight loss. It's 8:03 Friday, June 1, 2012. For the next thirty days I will give dropping pounds my best shot. Let's see what I weigh on July 1, 2012. Not 150.5, I hope, no, I know it won't be because I can do better than I have been doing. I AM committed this time.

If you want to meet a goal, you have to have a plan. Failure to plan means planning to fail.

Go write on your calendar your projected loss for June. I will write a three, which is a lot for me.

Cold and very rainy here so what did #1 daughter and I do? Traipsed around an iris farm carrying umbrellas. She bought some beauties. I bought lilies - one is a lily tree - grows to 8 feet with blooms up the tree like stem. Where am I going to put it? I assumed the lily garden until the guy told us that. Now I'm confused.

We had dinner at Applebee's. The food is always good there, but I think I had my week's worth of fat.

Di, another Spicy Swirl is next. I have a bargello book, but with such a big family and being a new quilter, a quilt for me isn't at the top of the list. The red quilting FMQ is almost down. It's taken too much time due to lawn and garden work, graduations, open houses, etc. The FMQ itself has gone okay. Someday I may be able to say well.

I AM dropping pounds and getting healthier.
Judy
Old 06-01-2012, 09:09 PM

I am in for the challenge.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:23 AM

Irish a lily tree sounds so neat.Do you know what it is called? We have a friend who collects lily plants. He is turning 40 this year and that would be a perfect gift for him. His wife is having a surprise party.
I am sitting here with my stomach growling. I don't know how it could be empty as i ate so much yesterday it should still be full. I guess I had better go feed it before I start eating junk.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:22 AM

the trouble with eating is-- 4 hrs later you are ready to do it again! it's like house cleaning, it never stays done! at least once you've made a quilt it is done and stays that way! i am doing soooo much better today! i have cut out a dress for little miss olivia. the most miserable fabric i have ever used!! it wouldn't straighten to save it's soul! good thing o will just be getting this one dirty! i will make a couple better ones she can pass on to her children one day. people still do that, right? anyway, i love my new table! thanks to a friend who had a pub height table in her sewing room, and the inspiration! my back says thank you! also, i have finished a reversible jacket with 'quilting' on the collar, front lapels, and cuffed sleeves. i promised it to her for thanksgiving--good thing i didn't specify which year!! lol, but true! i may post a picture, you know how that goes! i made a jacket for the mom as part of a swap and her daughter liked it and wanted one, too. how could i resist such flattery! anyway, i am so glad it is done and will be on it's way to it's new home soon!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! time for breakfast, an apple ans some oatmeal. YUM! have a good and healthy day!
Old 06-02-2012, 05:26 AM

brenda, welcome! i feel like we are getting to be good friends!

everose-- you're on! just clear up one point-- are you good at bargello or is this new to you, too? either way, it's good to have a partner in crime! what colors??
Old 06-02-2012, 08:12 AM

Hi there Nancia
Old 06-02-2012, 08:54 AM

I'm signing in - hope I too, can be committed about losing weight. For me, even 1 or 2 pounds would be good. I seem to hold onto this extra weight without any fluxuations. My doctor has told me she doesn't like the figures (needless to say, I don't). SOOOOOOOOO - I'm in. My latest 'snack' is trail mix - I'm hooked on it - need to find someone to pass the mixture on to and get it out of my kitchen. Need this so very badly. Will get a PM off to get address to send FQ (and maybe it'll come back to me!)
As far as quilting goes, I just finished a celtic knot small (20") wall hanger. I'm in the process of quilting - will get picture posted when done. Then, this morning I pulled out a project from my long grouping and will start that in the next few days. It's an Asian scrappy - before I go too far, will have to decide if I really like that concept. May not get to see some of the pretty fabrics if it's too busy. Will keep all posted.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:06 AM

Vanogay~would love to see the Celtic Knot! Was doing trail mix last month but got tired of it....

I have been on an official diet/life style change for 2 months now...at first I wasn't really losing anything and it was frustrating on the scale but I hadn't been able to put my wedding band on in months and I got that on a few weeks ago, so I know that something is happening LOL...it's coming off a lot slower than it did when I was younger but it didn't go on overnight so I know it won't come off overnight. I put most of the weight on after I quit smoking six years ago and the doctor keeps insisting that even though I'm overweight, he prefers that to smoking....