June Weight Loss 2015

Old 06-06-2015, 06:20 AM

Congrats, Anna!! Are you getting close to your goal? You have certainly had some good losses.
I had Japanese food last night and now I am up this morning. It must have had a lot of sodium. I have a lot of food challenges in my near future with an anniversary dinner tonight and a 3 day quilt retreat early next week.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:40 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
Congrats, Anna!! Are you getting close to your goal? You have certainly had some good losses.
I had Japanese food last night and now I am up this morning. It must have had a lot of sodium. I have a lot of food challenges in my near future with an anniversary dinner tonight and a 3 day quilt retreat early next week.
I love Japanese food! I got to watch that rice though. No I am not close to my goal but then I did not loose any weight for over a decade. It just slowly accumulated and I had to much going on in my life. I just did not feel strong enough to deal with a diet also. Of course now I wonder why I at least did not try to stay at the weight I was at instead of gaining. the odd part also is that I did not have a good scale. having one that is accurate helps me tremendously. It was about $30. I do not understand why I did not think it was worth the $ to spend on myself. I have about 40 lb or so to go. Slow and steady right? Best wishes with the diet challenges coming up because of social functions. I am severely allergic to black pepper and some other food stuff, so it is near impossible for me to eat out or eat prepared foods besides sugary and starchy stuff. Now I carry my own food. You might want to try it and just eat the veggies and fruit but yes the cake does get to me at times.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:17 PM

Congratulations Anna! Great loss!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 06-08-2015, 11:44 AM

Leann, best of luck with your surgery!!! Let us know how you're doing.

Pat, sorry to hear about your cousin. Safe travels to there as well as FL.

Congrats, Anna!! Good for you, that is dedication.

I'm not tracking with WW anymore so I'm going to have to end my membership. My co-worker that was doing has stopped, also, so not as motivating for me. She's moved on to some special program that I'm not going to do. It involves some special pills they've made for her. Also, she spends a lot of time preparing healthy foods. That sounds good to me. I know it's what I need. I'm done with school soon and hope I can get myself motivated to start with the healthier meals. My family deserves it, too. My husband is using myfitnesspal and I think I'll start that.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:23 PM

I bombed out last month and just couldn't seem to get it going. But, yall better watch out this month cause I've been reading The Weigh Down Diet!!! I'm hoping that it works for me. My cousin lost 115 pounds on it and looks great! Good luck to all of us!!! Because even if we don't win the fat quarters, we will win in the long run by being and feeling healthy! This heel spur is sure slowing me down with my exercise though.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:18 AM

#1piecemaker, can you tell us a little about The Weigh Down Diet? I need to get motivated!!

I hope this summer I can finally finish the book I started about 2 summers ago (something like Fat, Sugar, Salt that talks about all the added things in processed foods that we are eating).
Old 06-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Power Poster

Congratulations AnnaQuilts!! You did so good. I enjoyed reading about how you will have a treat. I couldn't stay on mine if I didn't have a treat so I don't feel deprived.

I had not been on too much the past few days due to not feeling well.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:53 PM

The trip to Florida has been great so far. Lots of long walks on the beach. I have gotten at least 10,000 steps in each day so far. I had 15,000 the other day. We went out to dinner once. We split an appetizer and an entree. We had the most awesome chocolate dessert I have ever seen. It is a chocolate egg. They have it on a plate standing up. Then the waitress poured hot chocolate sauce over the top and it started to melt. Then it came open like a flower. Inside there was peanut butter mousse topped with peanut crunch. It was devine. We split it 4 ways.I wish I could post the video
Eating has been pretty good and all of the walking and swimming should cancell out the bad things. Now the wedding will probably be another story. They have all kinds of different nationality food and dessert stations.
Pat
Old 06-12-2015, 08:24 AM

I had a fun time at my quilt retreat. I didn't gain any weight despite tasting all the goodies everyone brought. I went for a walk on tues am. I was uneasy during my walk because there was a kidnapper hiding out in the woods only a few miles away but learned that night that he had shot himself the day before. Crazy man! I finished 2 UFO's and made 8 burp cloths so I felt good about what I accomplished. I'm on a roll finishing UFO's and it feels good. I will be starting a baby quilt soon. My DD is due on the 20th so any day now. Can't wait to find out what this one is. I think boy so I made blue burp cloths but they can easily be used for a baby gift for someone else later.
How is everyone doing? I am so happy it is summer and I can walk outside!
Old 06-12-2015, 06:06 PM
Power Poster

We have been having hot weather and very humid really early for us. Today is the most I have ate over the past week. I guess that means I am feeling better. lol..

I have been watching it more carefully though, and hoping to develop over time more of the taste for good food over the things I shouldn't have too much of.