Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: June Weight Loss 2015

Blog Entries

June Weight Loss 2015

June Weight Loss Challenge 2015

June 2015 Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!
    On June 1st, weigh yourself and write it down. DO NOT send it to me. On June 30 th, weigh yourself again and PM me your loss. This is weight lost not percentage lost. I will announce the winner on July 3rd.

The prize is a themed FQ from each member. Once a winner is declared, I will contact the winner and FQ's will be mailed by the 6th.

Private message (PM) me for the mailing address. All FQ's should be mailed by the 15th of the month. You need to check in on the thread at least once a week to be eligible for the winning "skinny quarters aka FQ's" and to be declared the "biggest loser" for the month.

You cannot win 2 months in a row.

Chit Chat is allowed, as wells as WAYWO (what are you working on). Please stay positive and uplifting as possible to keeps us all on track. Share tips, recipes, encouraging words and {{{HUGS}}}
    June is good weather to be outside to exercise. . So I thought a good FQ theme for June would blenders so we are ready for swimsuits. So I think it is the month we should try to renew our commitment to weight loss and our health We need to get ready for swimsuit season. We are all so used to doing for others.Remember sometimes it is ok to put yourself first. So lets see how we can play with some your choice of FQ's. Please send quality fabric that you would want to receive in return. As always if you don't have the theme, send what you have. If you don't have a FQ, then send a linear 1/4 yard. If you have signed up to be in the running for the prize, please send your FQ to the hostess by the 15th of the month. As the winner has worked hard for her prize.

Eat healthy, exercise, make wise choices and lose weight but most of all have fun!!!

Sign up deadline to be a part of the PRIZE adventure June 4th at 9 pm cst. You are encourage to contribute to the thread even if you are not in for the prize.

To let me know you are participating post on the thread and then send a PM for the mailing address. Our FQ theme for June is blenders.

Blog Entries
    I have FQ from the following for June: meanmom, coffeegirl, Heart of Dixie, Pete, Mary Christine, AnnaQuilts, Jeanne49, Jims Gem, Pam H, Raggiemom, Cindy A, Leann, #1 piecemaker. If I have missed anyone please let me know.
    Pat

Here I am for June! Thanks Ms. Pat for being our hostess!
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

I'm in again and hope I do lots better in June.

Off to a good start for June I hope. The weight loss is slowing down as I get further along. so now I need to stick to the plan and hopefully not gain. Tonight I was at a party and had dinner, wine and a sugary dessert. Oh my! I will have to pay for it.
    Anna Quilts

I'm in. We're off to a good start with 13 people in!

I'm just going to follow along for awhile. Haven't participated in ages but do need to get back on track.
    countrymaid- I clean up after the kids, the husband and the farm animals

Blog Entries
    I am in for June, and will get my fat/skinny quarter out much sooner this time Pat.

I hope to do better than I did in May. I was put on Prednisone, and it started causing me to eat when I normally wouldn't have. I have stopped it now until I see my Endo - doctor who put me on it.

Have a great June everyone.
    I did receive my beautiful floral fabric that Pat sent for my April weight loss, and it will be well used.

Pat: I tried to send you a pm, but it said yours is full.
    Last edited by JuneBillie; 05-29-2015 at 10:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    Susan thanks for letting me know my inbox is full. I never clean it out, my email too. It is empty now. I over-did it a little bit on Thursday and paid for it yesterday. I walked 4.2 miles in the morning. Then I shopped all afternoon in a different pair of shoes that killed my feet. I ended up with over 13,000 steps for the day. My sister is taking the shoes, and my new ones finally arrived yesterday. The knee is fine my legs were pretty stiff form being out of shape and my feet were killing me from the shoes. If I don't wear good shoes my plantar fascitis starts acting up. No walk yesterday, and I will only do 2 miles today. After a day of rest things are fine today.
    We have 2 graduation parties and a wedding today. Lots of yummy food I am sure. The chocolate candy that has been jumping into my mouth all week is gone, so are the rice krispie treats. I have a crazy week coming up so I need to be sure to stay on track. I need to stsart doing some upper body workouts!
    Good luck to everyone. I plan on winning the June FQ:-) So everyone had better behave themselves.

Blog Entries
    Count me in for June and out for May ----my BD month and too many cakes.
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Blog Entries
    I am glad to maintain for May with it my birthday month and the prednisone.
    Hoping better for June.

Count me in for June. Here's hoping I can do better!

I am in for June. It will be tough. We are out of town for most of the month. A wedding in Little Rock, serving on the cooking team for our High School Wake board trip and then family vacation with DH's family.
    There will be food everywhere and a bit of going out.....

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Blog Entries
    Gayle I have the same problem in June. I leave for Florida on Saturday morning. We will spend a week at the beach then we are going to a wedding. It is a huge Indian wedding. Party on Friday night, breakfast and lunch served on Saturday, then cocktail hour and dinner. Brunch on Sunday morning. I don't think there is any budget for the wedding It should be awesome. I am going to Hilton Head at the end of June. I had better walk the beach a lot. I am hoping I can ride a bike by the end of the month. I see the doctor on Wednesday for my 6 week post surgery checkup.
    There are some good losses reported so far for May. Keep up the good work. I am only down 3 pounds but from all of the walking my clothes are a little bit looser.

Blog Entries
    Pat having the clothes feel looser is a nice bonus.

Hello ladies, I am so inspired by your enthusiasm. I pray that it helps motivate me this month as I go through this knee process.

Pam, how is your DD? Bless her heart for being on her feet those long days. Thank you for your well wishes. My son is in Austin, a math major @ UT-Austin and we are an hour away. We did that on purpose to be here as he is our baby and wanted to give him room to grow and be closer than 4 hours away, as he graduated high school in Houston. At the time, we had no idea what health issues he was dealing with. Surprise!

Today, finally, I got my stress test and echo-gram done, plus had my final knee xrays. My pre-op is Thursday. I discussed with my hubby about postponing this until our son gets stabilized because this puts both our care on him, but he wouldn't even consider it. This is gonna be so hard on him. I know if this is not meant to be, God will close that door.

My new laptop is eating me up. For one, it does not have an optical drive. I knew this before I bought it and learned that peripherals are more the norm. It has a splash page for apps, maybe this is standard in Windows 8.1. I was doing fine with it until the 'desktop tile' vanished. I know DH intended for me to have it while at the hospital, but I will not take that chance. I will probably like this touch screen even more once I buy a stylus. My fingertips are too fat to change tabs or hit the back key.

Have a great evening.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Blog Entries
    Leann you are in my prayers for your knee surgery, and your son as well. How is your son doing?

Quote Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
    I am glad to maintain for May with it my birthday month and the prednisone.
    Hoping better for June.
    Ouch on the prednisone. Indeed you are doing very well if you did not gain while taking this drug.
    Anna Quilts

I went into May loosing on a regular basis and was even 2 lbs ahead but the last week I got to a plateau. So for the month I did great but the last week it is stand still.Any ideas or encouragement? How can I get the weight loss going again? My calories are just over 1100 and I really do not want to cut more. I am trying to get some more movement in. I am surprised how I went from 2 lbs or more a week to no weight loss. I could see it getting more gradual to 1 lb weight loss but I do not understand why I am at a stand still.
    Anna Quilts

Anna, your body may be going into starvation mode if you are only eating 1100 calories. Most people really shouldn't go below 1200. You might want to try alternating days with higher calories. Maybe bouncing up and down like 1200, 1600, 1200, 1400, 1200, 1600, etc would confuse your body into losing. I also think it helps to divide your exercise between morning and evening to keep your metabolism revved up. How much sleep are you getting? It's very hard to lose weight if you are not getting enough sleep. Good luck. Hopefully someone else will have other ideas for you too.

I hope my weight is not up in the morning. I made a healthy dinner but then I went to my card group and sampled some of the goodies. Then she had a rhubarb dessert I couldn't pass up. With play practice and then my card group I didn't get my evening walk in. We did do some dancing at rehearsal so that might help a little.
    Keep with it, everyone! We can do this together!

Hello friends,
    Anna, I agree with Pam in that you may be too low on your calories. I have had success in keeping my calories the same, say 1300-1600, but tweeking those to include more protein and less starches. It also depends on how active I am - which isn't much this year. (It has been months since I deliberately did anything considered exercise - but I have been on my feet a lot as I care for my son) And I have also had success with little bursts of energy during a walk or bike ride - just for 10-15 seconds I'll give it all I've got and after my heart rate has come back down, do it again for 4-5 cycles.

Susan, I'm with Anna on this - I gain 10 pounds for a month on prednisone! LOVE the way it makes me feel! More energy than I thought I could have. You did good! Thanks for asking about my kiddo - he is not as good as we wished he was. He is being treated by 3 doctors, all in the same hospital system, so they all have access to what the others are doing, yet my son still got over-medicated. And this is after he & I both told the last 2 doctors that the ibuprofen prescribed for his heart was a danger to his kidneys because of the lithium he is on. They assured us that it would only be for 7 days, but by day 2 it had shredded his stomach. His lithium doctor went through the roof - and backed off his lithium and has been calling to check on him. Only God knows how he will do on his own now that I am having surgery.

Saw my surgeon this morning, who called at 10 and asked me to be there right now. Got all the pre-op instructions, plans for rehab, what to do with physical therapy, blah blah. He told me that an average person could never guess my knee troubles. He said my eyes sparkle, my movement is good - he says my recovery will be excellent. Granted, this week has been one of the better ones my knees have had. I didn't know how I was gonna make it to surgery when we set the date 6 weeks ago.

Now I just gotta find some kind of handwork to do while I'm in the hospital - I wish I knew how to knit; taking my handquilting project is probably out of the question. I still have to make a walker caddy (as suggested by meanmom) and I thought I could take a hexie project if I got the squares cut first. But today, I am trying to get a little rest. After being at the hospital for almost 6 hours yesterday and taking my kid to his 2 appointments on Monday, then driving back home from Austin, I'm a little ragged.

Yes Pam, we can do this! Pat plans to win this month - ending the month with fewer calories will make us all winners.
    Last edited by Leann; 06-03-2015 at 11:14 AM.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Blog Entries
    I saw my orthopoedist today for my post op checkup. He was thrilled with how my knee is doing. I was able to bend it to 125 degrees without even stretching first. He was amazed that I was able to walk 4 miles. He said no reason to come in for a 3 month checkup unless I want to. He said to come back in a year. He realeased me to do whatever I want. He said to avoid high impact things like running for a few more weeks. Ha ha like that will ever happen. If it doesn't hurt I can do it:-) One or 2 more PT visits to give me instructions on things to keep doing then I am done.
    My cousin passed away and we are going to the funeral on Friday. I need to be at my moms at 5AM. It is a 2 1/2 hour drive and we will come home in the afternoon. On Saturday morning I am leaving for a week in FLorida. I will do lots of walking on the beach.
    Leann so sorry to hear about your sons difficulties with his meds. I am glad to hear you are able to have your surgery. You will be so glad you did it. I could only walk maybe 1/4 mile before surgery.
    Anna I agree with the others I think your body has gone into starvation mode. I have had the best success where for 3 days it is pretty much no carbs, meat and veggies then on the 4th day you get some carbs abd fruit. The theory is that about the time your body starts to think it is starving you trick it by giving it a few extra calories.
    Tomorrow I will announce the winner for May. There have been some good losses again for May. Don't forget to PM your loss.
    Pat

Thanks for the insight and tips. I added some more calories and carbs and hope to be on track soon. At Least it is back down again from a little over a week ago. Not much .6 but at least it is no longer going up. DH thinks I should just leave it at the weight I am at but I am no where near where my MD wants me.
    Anna Quilts

Pat, sorry to hear about your cousin. Great news on your recovery. It only took 4 weeks, but I am finally cleared for my procedures. Told me not to shave my legs anymore as he won't take a chance of an infection if I nick myself. This will be gross. Wish I still had my electric razor. Have a safe trip!

Anna, you have done so good with the loss, maybe your body is just catching it's breath. You are determined, so the losses will start for you again.

Can't wait to hear about our May winner. I consider it a victory that I did not gain.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Blog Entries
    The winner for May is AnnaQuilts with a loss of 10 pounds. Awesome job. There were also a lot of other good losses. Keep up the good work.
    I'm not sure if I will get your FQ mailed out before I leave town or not. I need to be at my moms tomorrow by 5AM, it takes about 25 minutes to get there. The funeral is about 2 1/2 hours away. Saturday we leave for a week in Florida and a wedding. I have done a little of my packing for that. I had a hard time finding a dress for the wedding. I ordered one on line but it was off white. Not the best color on me and several people said maybe I shouldn't were that color to the wedding. So I decided to dye it. I ordered some dye for polyester and had at it. I was worried because the washing instructions said cold water. To dye it you boil it for 30 minutes to and hour. It came out a gorgeous fuschia ( a little bit purple) color. I love it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast