Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-20-2011, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
AN UPDATE, THANKS TO THE BATHROON SCALE, I HAVE MET THE 5 LB CHALLENGE woo hoo! now to keep that off, and keep losing, despite my beloved's good intentions! i am amazed that i lost anything as you can tell from my previous post. i celebrate each loss for what it is! 5 more lbs and i will be below 200 for the first time in years (3). that is my next goal! off to eat breakfast. chat with you later! i am losing, i am losing, son of a gun, i AM losing!
You are almost in ONEderland!!! I am so excited for you!!!

Missy
Old 06-20-2011, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
ooops! we lost our internet and 2nd phone line halfway through my post this morning!lol

Well my class was good but those pieces are getting smaller and smaller each time she gives us next months blocks to do. Hopefully I can get caught up, but I am not the only one in class that has fallen behind!lol

Missy I would love to see pictures when you guys are all finished. I love to see what people creat when they remodel. We are still trying to finish up ours from when we bought it 15 years ago!

LeAnn I lived in Claskinine Oregon for a year have you ever heard of that? It is about 80 miles NW of Portland by the Columbia River.

Beth what part of Colorado are you in? We are up north by Fort Collins.

Well both sets of kids just left and hubby got called out to work. It is the first time I have had peace and quiet in days! I am going to work on my DJ blocks while I can. For some reason I can't sew when everyone is around. Is it wrong to be excited to be alone??? I better watch what I wish for!lol :lol:
Ritasmom, I think I remember. Isn't it on HWY 30 from Astoria to Portland? A friend of mine was born in Cathlamet. I LOVE that whole area. DH is already talking about getting an RV this fall. I've already called the place we stayed at in Ocean Park, WA. Not too sure how I feel about all this. We saved a ton of money when we lived in the RV those 12 months or so. After the past two years medical expenses, we need some recovery.

Lynne
Old 06-20-2011, 03:26 PM

My weight is all over the place. I was down 8# one week. I am walking 20-25 miles each week so I bumped my calories and it is still falling. Before that, I was up 3#. I am back on cycle 1. It is restrictive, which I work with easily, but I have trouble getting enough calories. I may add a protein shake.

What happened to our members from across the pond?
Old 06-20-2011, 06:43 PM

:oops: Kinda a bad weekend for me.
We went out of town for the weekend, and ate horrible!
pizza, applebee's, mexican, and hotel breafasts.
And to top it all off. . . I didnt poop for 3 days!! that has never never happened to me and I felt pretty terrible last night.
my weigh in is on monday (today) and it said I was up 3lbs but I think I am going to move my OFFOCIAL weigh in this week to wednesday.
hopefully I am back to normal by then.
keep it up ladies!
you all are soo encouraging, and I love catching up on posts.
Nancia. . I feel for you with the hubby thing, mine has weighed the EXACT same weight for 6yrs.
no matter what he eat, or does the scale is always the same.. he even started showing me on the scale each week. Its aweful. I work so hard for every single pound!
keep it up tho, its worth it :D
Old 06-20-2011, 07:14 PM

AN UPDATE, THANKS TO THE BATHROON SCALE, I HAVE MET THE 5 LB CHALLENGE woo hoo! now to keep that off, and keep losing, despite my beloved's good intentions! i am amazed that i lost anything as you can tell from my previous post. i celebrate each loss for what it is! 5 more lbs and i will be below 200 for the first time in years (3). that is my next goal! off to eat breakfast. chat with you later! i am losing, i am losing, son of a gun, i AM losing!
One thing I've noticed with my weight loss journey is that my husband and I seem to be connected in reverse! When I loose weight he gains and when he looses I gain!

I suggest when he brings you home a meal, eat HALF, then put the other half in the refrigerator for HIM to eat as a snack/meal later! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Been out of town lately, and know I haven't been eating like I should, so I'm afraid to weigh in! Gotta get back on track. Hopefully before the weekend when we have more family coming in for a visit!

Moving the weights back into the house from the shop. It's just not a great time to have the weights so far away. I use them more when I have to keep putting them back in their corner after the kids pull them all out!

Good luck to everyone out there!
Old 06-20-2011, 09:32 PM

Well that is wonderful.And don't let 1 bad week get you down.It took me 3 1/2 yrs to get to where I'm at.I see - sawed too.But always got back on and would lose some more.So,don't worry about it.The main is,keep going.We all fall off.I gained 15 pounds 4 months ago,and am just now down the 15 pounds back.And that's ok.And it was yrs since I was below 200 too.In fact my drivers license say's 'weight 210.And I probably was more than that at the time.Congradulations on meeting the challenge.I really had to fight for mine.But did get 10 pounds off so far.And that's enough for this month,cause I too want to maintain it and keep it off.It is different tho isn't it,when you get use to not eating as much,we can't eat as much.That hamb and fries etc,you mentioned would be a 3 mealer for me.That's a lot of food.I once ate like that tho,and didn't bat an eye.But not now.You will get there too,once your on track again.In fact you all ready are there,because you even said "he brought back ALL this food" So,your already there.Just say thank you and eat till your full,and quit.Leave the rest for another meal or two.That's what I do.Anyway,your doing great.Keep going and it won't be long,you'll pass the 200 mark and be in the 180's.I was happy to get 180's.So,good job!

Sorry,baby kitten on board stepping on keys

That darn cat!did it again
Old 06-20-2011, 11:34 PM

thanks, y'all! i appreciate your encouragement and support!
maybe i scared off the 2 ladies from overseas with my challenge.?! i hope not! the more we lose weight the more room there is for everyone!;)
Old 06-21-2011, 07:23 AM

Great job nancia It does feel sooo good to lose Now lets just keep it up .
I'v been doing the walking and drinking water so when I get on the scales today I hope for another loss. Been doing pretty well with the food but I still need to avoid my DH offers of the wrong food. That's the hard part he seems to take it personal if I don;t want to eat what or where he does. After almost 50 years together you would think that would have been resolved. We know each other so well but not in this area oh well today is a new beginning. I AM LOSING! Healthy eating to all. I'll check in on ya all later
Hugs
Gail