Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Just a little vent...dog related/friend related >

Just a little vent...dog related/friend related

Just a little vent...dog related/friend related

Old 04-16-2009, 12:38 PM

So In August our chihuahua had her 1st litter of pups. And my friend wanted one so bad, so my husband let her have one. She said she'd pay us $10 a wk for the dog (we wanted $50). So it's now April and all together she's only paid us $4.

Anyway, this morning she calls me and wants to know if I want the dog back, apparently its peeing on everything. Which i don't understand because after she took the dog and i was at her house the pup did so well going potty outside. Well a few wks ago she had to have one of her other dogs put down, so idk if thats why this pup is acting like this or what. So I took the dog back. Put it on a leash and tied it to my door knob, well my 3 yr old is sitting next to it playing w/ mr. potato head, and the dog lifts its leg and pees on my son's jeans! omg.

So I do not want to keep this dog. It needs a patient caring person to retrain him, and I just can't do it w/ my 3 kids, 3 other dogs and my chi had another litter last week! So now I'm scrambling to rehome this pup. Sigh. Posted on craigslist, not the wisest thing, but you know. Now i wait til my hubby comes home and sees him (he's on 2nd shift). :shock:
Old 04-16-2009, 01:16 PM

That is NOT what I would want in a dog. I have a male who was not well trained as a pup. He still thinks it is ok to lift his leg in the house at times and he is 8 years old. No new carpet until ......? :?
Old 04-16-2009, 01:33 PM

Yeah I know...but I really would hate to have to take him to a shelter. :?
Old 04-16-2009, 01:34 PM

Oh my goodness -- not nice dog behavior at all!! Hope you find a home for it soon. Sounds like it was almost mistreated....
Old 04-16-2009, 02:28 PM

I feel sorry for the dog. I have a feeling that it wasn't treated right and that is why is started peeing on stuff. Why else would it go from being potty trained to peeing on stuff.

$50 is cheap!! What a good friend you were to offer it for so cheap! My mother-in-law gets $300-$400 for her chi's.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Power Poster

Oh carp...what a dilema! Is there a chi rescue group anywhere around you? You are right, the poor thing needs someone who will love and be patient with him to get him retrained. Best of luck to you and the pup.

I'm not sure I'd need lots of friends like that one :?
Old 04-16-2009, 03:48 PM

My Dog Boi is trained well i had to retrain him but sometimes he want to squat and peep on my carpet and run and hide that is when i know he did something and sometimes he want to poop i was in the hospital my sun say he did it twice i think he missed me it is just because, in which he knows better. I say sometime i am getting rid of him my nerves and anxiety can not take it but when you look at those eyes and the love he give i can not
Old 04-16-2009, 05:15 PM

Any dog I've ever bought has a "Return to breeder" clause in the contract. Luckily, I never had to return one, but I think that is what a responsible breeder would do. Is this new litter from the same mom?

I think you might have other issues besides the peeing. All dogs pee. Could it be your friendship is not what you thought? Is it that he peed on your kid? Well, stuff happens. I doubt if the dog plotted some revenge against your child, if, after all, he was tied to the door and unable to flee.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:42 PM

I think that puppy is a bit confused and got that way from his "new" home and now you have brought him back and he is confused again...
I know you don't want the dog but try and put him on PETFINDER.com this is so much better that CraigsList....
If I lived closer, I would foster him for you.
Also, check out a rescue group for the puppy....they do wonders with dogs going or gone awry.
Kirsten
Old 04-17-2009, 04:28 AM

their is a woman that contacted me thats from a local small breed dog adoption. And i'm going to check the place out.

I just think it was irresponsible of her. Last night, I found 2 ticks on him, and one was obvious if you were sitting there playing w/ him. idk.