Just Shaking My Head

Old 09-10-2012, 06:43 PM

Default Just Shaking My Head

I don't know if I'm just getting old and intolerant or if this world is just getting more unbelievable. Today I've had at least five or six moments when I just stood and shook my head b/c I seriously couldn't believe the words that were uttered from people's mouths.

I'm still shaking my head.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Power Poster

Yes, i know what you mean.
do you think tv viewing is lowerng i.q.'s
scaary isn't
Old 09-10-2012, 07:54 PM

I've run into so many that just have ZERO common sense. Ugh!!!
Old 09-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Power Poster

It's not what they utter sometimes...but how they behave...or don't. I don't think it's age or us being grumpy....seems to me some folk are getting "disconnected" or becoming insular. Social media, the internet and games etc. aren't bad things but I do think people are becoming way too absorbed by their gadgets and missing out on normal human interaction. Not to mention not having a clue about what's going on around them.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:47 AM

The younger generations have gotten so rude and they feel like they should not have to pay for SS since they dont think they will get any when they retire. I have to move out of thier way when walking towards them. No one ever opens doors anymore or offers to load heavy stuff in your car at the grocery store.
My daughter who is in her 50's now is starting to see it also.
Even little kids expect you to move over for them.
Yes, you are old so you dont know anything.
TV news shows are so bad its hard to even watch them. No news just talking over each other.
Politics are just about tearing each other apart and gridlock. Its all so hateful.

Last edited by Rose Marie; 09-11-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:57 AM

I agree. Many kids (and adults) today don't have a personality! Don't get me wrong, most of the ones I know do, but I've run into many that don't even know how to carry on a conversation! Sad.

Originally Posted by earthwalker View Post
It's not what they utter sometimes...but how they behave...or don't. I don't think it's age or us being grumpy....seems to me some folk are getting "disconnected" or becoming insular. Social media, the internet and games etc. aren't bad things but I do think people are becoming way too absorbed by their gadgets and missing out on normal human interaction. Not to mention not having a clue about what's going on around them.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Power Poster

My problem with it all is: everyone seems so self-absorbed. They are raising little girls to think they are princesses and they think they are and should be treated as such, really think they should be worshipped because they are alive. I have a 24 yo Granddaughteer-in-law and her and two sisters were raised like that and she is raising our Great Granddaughters that way. Granddaughters weren't raised like that. Grandsons are given whatever they want.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:44 AM

TV has "dumbed down" our world so much that it can almost be intolerable at times. I can barely stand to watch the tv shows , let alone the horrible commercials. Do the advertisers think we are so dumb that we want the kind of garbage that they put on TV?
Old 09-11-2012, 01:23 PM

Don't even get me started on this one.

I just read two articles that make you wanna slap some sense into these people.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:49 PM

I've always tried to teach my kids to say please, thank you etc. When you see/hear what is shown on tv/radio, it is no wonder people beheave as they do. I try to practice kindness and courtesy and hope it might have a positive effect. Also I believe it is a generational thing. Not excusing, just trying to make sense of a world I often don't understand.